PDA

View Full Version : What performance differences does a low pressure tank have?

-=Squid=-
01-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Well, after I bought my viking I traded my bull dog III high pressure for a 68/45 crossfire low pressure, and quite frankly dont know what to e looking for as far as performance goes. Anybody care to enlighten me?

RRfireblade
01-05-2004, 10:59 AM
The only real performance related to a tank pretty much is recharge rate,flow and consistancy.

Recharge of the tanks Reg.

Flow to the guns Reg or chamber.

Consistancy which equates to + or - fps.

Jay.

GT
01-05-2004, 01:38 PM
maybe I am wrong butt....

I dont think it matters. You have a sidewinder so... I dont think it matters that you have an lp tank...

In anycase I think the only real difference is it has a greater chance of shot to shot flucation. Remember before you were taking a 3000-4500psi gas to 850 now you are taking that same pressure down to 450. Your reg really works it's butt off...

NJPaint
01-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
maybe I am wrong butt....

I dont think it matters. You have a sidewinder so... I dont think it matters that you have an lp tank...

In anycase I think the only real difference is it has a greater chance of shot to shot flucation. Remember before you were taking a 3000-4500psi gas to 850 now you are taking that same pressure down to 450. Your reg really works it's butt off...

This is true except that most people run a second reg between the tank reg and the valve. Thus if you have fluctuation around 450psi, it will be much more consistant coming out of the second regulator.

GT
01-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by NJPaint

This is true except that most people run a second reg between the tank reg and the valve. Thus if you have fluctuation around 450psi, it will be much more consistant coming out of the second regulator.

why would anyone would single reg at a constant pressure, non-adjustble tank? Considering that a viking is a double reg'd gun...

-=Squid=-
01-05-2004, 05:34 PM
because the viking is a low pressure gun. They recommend a low pressure output tank if you are buying a new tank, but I Cant tell a difference.

nerobro
01-05-2004, 06:00 PM
you won't see a preformance difference.

Always buy a high output tank unless you own a gun with a reg that'll blow out with 850psi. Such as the new miniregs. :-)

You want 100-300psi of head head presure above a reg. So if your viking runs 200psi, you'd want at least 300psi coming out of the tank. Higher doesn't really hurt things. Lower, IS a problem.

-=Squid=-
01-06-2004, 12:00 AM
viking =180 psi
tank = 450 psi

GT
01-06-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
viking =180 psi
tank = 450 psi

Squid I dont think you are following Nero's logic..... You will never see a performance gain going to a lp tank unless it is required by the gun....

-=Squid=-
01-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi

Squid I dont think you are following Nero's logic..... You will never see a performance gain going to a lp tank unless it is required by the gun.... He was relating pressures from tank to gun, to see if the tank would even work well, so I Was just giving him the pressures. It was no argument. On the AKA forum they are saying you get some benefits...arg, blah, I dont even care. It works, and it is better than a 3000.

Gabriel
01-06-2004, 10:20 AM
you gotta give the tanks head so they can work better. Second regs usually need at least 200 psi to work properly. If your reg is putting out anything over 250, you need a hihg-pressure reg. If i understand correctly.

Gabe

*EDIT* Just re-read this thread, dont get any sick ideas, I ment head as in enough gas to work with. Dont know anyother word for this other than head... so dont be pervs :D

thei3ug
01-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
What performance differences does a low pressure tank have?

none, it's empty!