PDA

View Full Version : I need your help.

Phil
01-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Sorry for the vague subject. I am a member of a local pb forum where most of the folks I play with are woods players. Anyway, every time a new guy comes along and asks what kind of gun to get these people tell them to get a tippmann. Tippmann is a great choice for an entry level marker for woods play however, this latest person has $400 to spend. I am telling them to get a used RT Pro and the tippmann mafia is at it again telling this person to get an A-5 with response trigger and yada yada yada because, and I quote, "it will be a top of the line woods gun." If you feel the urge it would be great if some more voices of reason could go help this new player. Here is the thread link http://pensacolapaintball.com/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=397

Thanks
Phil

RRfireblade
01-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Come down to Daytona and he can shoot an Xmag,R/T Mag,various Micromags an Impulse,various Cockers,or choice of Spyders and Piranhas.If I have a days notice,I can probably have a few others assembled and ready to go. :)

There's really nothing wrong with a Tippy or A5 if that's something he likes.He really needs to handle a few diferent guns to make an informed choice.

Jay.

Phil
01-05-2004, 01:36 PM
If you had $400 to spend would you buy an A-5? My point is not that A-5's are bad but rather that for the money he has he can get a much better gun.

RRfireblade
01-05-2004, 01:45 PM
For $400?

A woods ball gun?

Mmm,if I was never going to add to it.I might buy an E framed one.If I was on that budget,I'd probably buy an E-Framed Spyder clone tho, like a Dragun TES,little lighter and more compact and more hopper options.

If I was going to buy another Mag,I'd have to spend at least $500 and go RT Pro all ULE W/ the intelliframe.But then your stuck with HPA which might be a problem for woods players.You don't get a ton of shots on a L10 Mag stuck out in the woods unless you guys have a scuba tank to bring.

Jay.

SPY 1
01-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Phil i posted on that forum we all know that the mag is a way better gun. Also he can alsway´s upgrade the gun and if he wants to play airball the gun can handle that also it´s just a good all around gun.

Timmee
01-05-2004, 04:38 PM
For $400, I'd either recommend an RT-Pro or a BM2K.