PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe Problems

wobbles82
01-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Ok here goes. My neighbor got this hypermag in a trade for his timmy(classic), it doesnt seem like a bad marker in any respect. Although the frame has been giving some problems to us. Sometimes we can shoot like 100 shots or so, and then it stops. Sometimes it can be degassed and regassed and voila it works again. Sometimes it gets lower on air and gets crazy bolt stick, and sometimes..well sometimes it doesnt shoot..at all. I was reading through the manual and saw some stuff on pushing up the on/off, any comments on that? ANY comments on anything? LMK if anyone is like an expert with this thing, it really is an odd bunch of problems. Also, it has the Shocktech 8-Hole Mod, for you people who just happen to love them..:p . But I doubt its really detrimental to performance. LMK! :D

striker
01-05-2004, 07:00 PM
I have the same problem, kinda. For me, it wouldn't fire at all, until I shot about 6 or 7 times, then it would fire once. Tweaking with the hyper allowed me to shoot consistently, but if I upped my BPS, it would stop shooting.

Do you have a ULT trigger? If not, is the centerflag On/Off pin in?

Also, is it the 20bps board? Classic valve or X-valve?

Let me see what I can do. Currently, I couldn't figure mine out and I had it sent in to centerflag.

taggtwo
01-06-2004, 10:32 AM
When they work, they work good.
Ive got one too, and have had every problem that you have noted. On off pin is critical, cleaning the electro/solinoid helps, but placement in frame is also critical. Try calling centerflag. The phone number is
(630)553-2611

good luck, I hope you have patients

~Tim

hitech
01-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by wobbles82
I was reading through the manual and saw some stuff on pushing up the on/off...

That is a good way to manually fire the marker. It sounds like you have more than one problem. First off, use the hole under the on/off valve to push up on the sear and fire the marker. Test it that way to determine if it's the 'mag or the hyperframe. If it is NOT the hyperframe, then get the 'mag video to learn how to troubleshoot the 'mag. If the 'mag seems okay, then it's probably the hyperframe. The first good investment would be a UTL (ULE Trigger Kit). To help with the hyperframe, see my Hyperframe FAQ (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79328). Let us know how it goes. :D

Tim Taylor
01-07-2004, 03:27 PM
I have tried several power tube spacers and found that atually the old power tube spring works best. make sure the spacer is a middle one maybe .230ish.