PDA

View Full Version : Pure awesomeness, in the form of a 98

BobTheCow
01-05-2004, 04:16 PM
So I've officially acheived the heaviest setup possible. :) Beautiful pictures to come.

BobTheCow
01-05-2004, 04:17 PM

BobTheCow
01-05-2004, 04:18 PM

BobTheCow
01-05-2004, 04:18 PM

BobTheCow
01-05-2004, 04:19 PM

BobTheCow
01-05-2004, 04:20 PM
awesome

lol FalconGuy and I decided that overall I've put $680 into everything in that picture... not including the $120 marker. :rolleyes:

coolcatpete
01-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Sweet that is a crazy tippman 98.
Pete

sharpshooter1286
01-05-2004, 04:29 PM
is the warp just for a lower profile? because the rt would never be able to out shoot a halo.

BobTheCow
01-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Haha I know it wouldn't outshoot the halo, I've messed around with that setup a lot (just, without the warp). Originally the warp was more like a last-second Christmas gift idea, to put on the Shocker I'll be getting in the next month. But then I put it on the 98, and it's quite nice!! (yes, lol, the answer to your question is profile) I definitely wanna play with this setup!!!

TheDoveDecends
01-05-2004, 05:34 PM
i dont understand why you would waste money like that on a 98.. but hey whatever floats your boat i guess

punkncat
01-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by sharpshooter1286
is the warp just for a lower profile? because the rt would never be able to out shoot a halo.

You have never fired an RT properly adjusted on CO2 have you?

That is one bad@** Tippy there.With the warp feed I am sure you have bypassed your chopping problems....

Really nice.

punkncat
01-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by TheDoveDecends
i dont understand why you would waste money like that on a 98.. but hey whatever floats your boat i guess

I don't get it.
Why did he waste money? Because his marker isn't the "flavor of the month"?

If buddy is happy with it , and is able to afford to play with it, then why should you knock him for it.

Don't listen to these naysayers.Tippmans are one of the best markers made considering their price and reliability.There are very few markers you can count on to work well hot or cold , HPA or CO2 , any kind of paint,run over by a truck...lol.

FreakBaller12
01-05-2004, 05:51 PM
how much is that thing weighing in at?
your gonna put this all on your shocker your getting, correct?

Chojin Man
01-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Nice setup. I bet the whole thing weighs like 30 lbs.:D

Zygote
01-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Not heavy enough! Get a steel tank! Steel!

RRfireblade
01-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by punkncat

I don't get it.

First off,looks nice.If your happy with it then I'm happy for you.Nothing is a waste if you got what you were trying to get for the money.

BUT.;)

I was in the store today and believe it or not,your Tippy has been topped.This kid traded in an all chrome plated 98c,barrel and all,warp feed and with the E trigger,drop and on/off.

It's been hanging there for a month and cannot be sold for $350 no matter how "cool" all the kids think it is when they see it.

That's the only problem.

Anyway,enjoy it,looks like fun.

Jay.

Automaggot68
01-05-2004, 06:17 PM
If you'd like ot lwoer your profile a little bit more, buy one of those lapco direct feeds, slap it on there,and run the warp tubing under the marker itself, and then up to the direct feed.
I love your marker though, most of the parts you've slapped on yours,I put on mine, lol.
Only difference is, mine is polished, not silvery, lol

punkncat
01-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Fireblade

I see your point and agree with you somewhat.
It is true that its very hard to get money back out of a Tippy.Really any paintball marker for that matter.
I had a GenX3 autococker w/ well over 1500$ in that I couldn't GIVE away for 400$.Just the way it goes.
I suppose the nice thing is that buddy has quite a few items he can take back off the marker and keep for another....

I just really hate to see people rag on another player for what they are shooting.Its just silly.

Rumble
01-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Very nice barel condom. and the tippmann is alrite too:p
serious though, i really like it, alls i would say is drop like 20 bucks to get a 2x trigger

*EDIT* would there be some way to ditch the tippman elbow, and directly hook the warp to it? just a thought, and again, VERY COOL

RRfireblade
01-05-2004, 06:35 PM

I just really hate to see people rag on another player for what they are shooting.Its just silly.

Totally cool,I don't rag on anybody.If you like your marker,then that's the only person you need to please.You really should have seen this chrome job though,Oh Man!!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-05-2004, 06:38 PM
you ever think of getting a new barrel condom and burning your current one?

DiSoRdeR
01-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Thats a Tippmann 98 Custom not a Model 98 :rolleyes:

TheDoveDecends
01-05-2004, 07:14 PM

I don't get it.

If buddy is happy with it , and is able to afford to play with it, then why should you knock him for it.

Don't listen to these naysayers.Tippmans are one of the best markers made considering their price and reliability.There are very few markers you can count on to work well hot or cold , HPA or CO2 , any kind of paint,run over by a truck...lol.

What i meant by wasting money is that you can get a much "better" marker for the price of what he put into this. Thats all.. I have no problem with 98's.. and infact own one myself as my backup marker and have used it many times when other markers have failed. notice i said whatever floats his boat.. if hes happy then thats great. Im not knocking anyone.

BobTheCow
01-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Wow, haha definitely didn't mean to start this crazy controversy. Lemme try to answer all these questions/comments.

I haven't been spending money to make some UBER-1337 PIMP AWESOME 98 setup. It's been more like, "hey I'll get a 98 so I'll have cash to be able to actually PLAY," then, "hey I've got a little extra money lying around, I could get this one part," and just developed from there. Yes, the warp, halo, and possibly air tank were purchased with the idea of transferring it to whatever comes next. To me, financially being able to play rates higher than having a beast that... looks good... sitting in your closet... gathering dust... I dunno, maybe that's just me. :confused:

Barrel condom - lol... she's nice, she stays, end of story. :)

Rumble:
Originally posted by Automaggot68
If you'd like ot lwoer your profile a little bit more, buy one of those lapco direct feeds, slap it on there,and run the warp tubing under the marker itself, and then up to the direct feed. Lapco's awesome, they make some really great stuff. If I didn't plan on this marker becoming my backup marker within the next month, I'd definitely look into that.

Fireblade - CHROME?!?!? Crazy... and there is NO way I would put on E grip on here, being over twice the cost of the gun and not meant in any way to be transferred to another marker. Again, most <i>expensive</i> parts on mine right now will move on over to baby #2 in the next month.

Finally, no, I haven't weighed it... I'll try to tonight, haha we'll see how that turns out.

Also, sorry for the double post before. Not quite sure how that happened.

sneakyhacker420
01-05-2004, 08:19 PM
so... apparently you like the warp so far BTC :p

BobTheCow
01-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
so... apparently you like the warp so far BTC :p Majorly :D Thanks again for the great deal, man.

**edit** whoa, your sig's lookin' pretty crazy... mess around with those tables??

sneakyhacker420
01-05-2004, 08:22 PM
no problem :)

pointm@n
01-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Hey BTC, I play over at Pevs myself. Funny I haven't ran into yet, or maybe I have and not even realized it. Well I may be able to top the heavyness of your 98. I was running a stock emag, with an 88/4500, warped with a revy. I'm sure if I borrow my brother's eggy2 I could get even heavier.

Good luck with it, I like it! Just curious, what marker are you going to get next?

See you on the field bro!

Echez09
01-05-2004, 08:54 PM
He said a Shocker.

BobTheCow
01-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Yep, shockerocker. Reason you probably haven't seen me at pev's is because I'm not insane, and prefer to play paintball in above freezing weather. :) That, and, before a couple weeks ago I just didn't have much money, or a ride to the field, or anybody to go with (lol paintball with noone you know licks). I just got a PM from Major Ho today asking the same thing, I'll definitely let you know next time I get out there though!!

UltimatePaintballer
01-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by TheDoveDecends

i hate when people say stuff like this. Most of the time when people have upgrade 98 customs, it took a while to upgrade them. The did it over time so of course they couldn't get a good marker cause they didn't have all of the money at one time. If they did, i think they would have got differen't markers!

also, BTC, wheres the 2X trigger? or maybe a reg or something. put a lp kit on it:D

Meph
01-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Dear Sweet Jeebus do not EVER again try to wave gang signs! You're no "gangsta" and sure as hell aint no P - I - M - P!

As for the whole debate about the 98 and how much you've spent. People crying about that... that's just pathetic. :rolleyes: It's his money, he can do what he wants even if he "could've gotten a better gun for the $." Who cares, he already bought the thing so don't give your 'precious' input of how he 'should have' spent his money.

Eh guy, if you're happy with that setup, congrats. I'd suggest getting a solid metal front grip and a SS barrel. Gotta get that thing heavier!

BobTheCow
01-05-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Meph
Dear Sweet Jeebus do not EVER again try to wave gang signs! You're no "gangsta" and sure as hell aint no P - I - M - P!LOOOOOOOL!!!!!! hahahaha that made me laugh so hard... really not sure why I took that pic, or what the hell I was doing WHEN I took it... hahaha

And the barrel IS SS. :)

Bigzamboni
01-05-2004, 11:50 PM
A point a lot of people seem to miss is that things like the HALO, Warp, tank, drop, etc. can be used on other markers. Yes, believe it or not, not everyone needs a separate Halo for every marker they own. It makes it more enjoyable/fun to use a lower end marker while saving up for something higher end, if they wanted to, at which point the accessories can be transferred over. It also lets you have something unique and attention getting, if you like that.

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. I've put my Warp, HALO, and Armageddon tank on my brother's M98RT. It's fun, a different experience, but in no means a waste.

I hope this doesn't sound rude to anyone. Didn't intend it to be, so, my apologies if you happened to think it was meant to be malicious.

Gabriel
01-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
you ever think of getting a new barrel condom and burning your current one?

See? There you go with your post-whoring again... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I have a tippy too. When I get done with my spyder, I'll start on the tippy. Just an RT, d/f, and general stuff like that. Lol, absolutely no warp. Koodos to you!

RRfireblade
01-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Check this....

RRfireblade
01-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Look ma, no feed.....

RRfireblade
01-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Punisher did one that feed straight up from the bottom where the forgrip mounts,but the pics are gone now.

Pretty neat.

LittlePaintballBoy
01-06-2004, 10:25 AM
how did he get that Excal/Viking trigger on tha m98?

RRfireblade
01-06-2004, 10:32 AM
It's elctronic,He has a few $$ in that one as well....

Below is a spec. list for the Tippmann Low Blow:

Tippmann Custom 98 Low Blow
* Tippmann 98 Custom – Modified with Horizontal Left Side Feed

* Tippmann Electronic Conversion Kit - with Modified

*Air Soldier Products Warlord Upgrade Board at

haveblue@airsoldier.com

* Buffered Semi auto, Turbo plus 11 other Setting, up to 24 Ball per second

* Anti-Chop Eye (Obey BPS Limit or Fast as Possible using Photo eye)

* Feeder Control (with adjustable pulse times)

* Lightened Micro Switch Trigger (Side-Tap Possible)

* Blue & Red LED Lights

* Tippmann Low Pressure Kit – Modified by me

(Tank output 400 psi, Regulator output 200 psi, shots 280 fps)

* Air Gun Design Warp Feed (Feeder Control)

* View Loader With X-Board & Evil Propeller

* Mac Dev Gladiator Regulator

*Sonic Low Pressure Pneumatics Regulator

* Mac Dev Conquest Air/Nitro System 68/4500

* Smart Parts Freak Barrel System, Lapco Big Shot Nickel Plated 12”

tippmannlowblow@msn.com

That's all I know about it,looks like BTC was quite frugal with his!

Jay.

paint magnet
01-06-2004, 10:46 AM
You need a steel tank. Or an AA Armageddon :)

I'm not sure why you spent all that money on a Tippmann, I hated my 98 every minute I had it. But, whatever adds buoyancy to your sea-going vessel :D

When I'm done with my SFH (super forking heavy) mag setup, mine will be heavier! Muwahahahaha!
(SS Classic valve (LVII), PFHL SS body, unmilled AM/MM rail, Benchy 2x, wood grips, vert adapter, "modified" DataPimp drop, PMI 68/3k steel, Crown Point barrel- coming soon: SS Lapco bigshot, SS ReTro valve, warpfeed w/ custom SS mounting bracket, and if I can't get someone to make a pair of SS or cast-iron revvie shells, I'll probably get a HALO ;) )

BobTheCow
01-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by paint magnet When I'm done with my SFH (super forking heavy) mag setup, mine will be heavier! Muwahahahaha!
(SS Classic valve (LVII), PFHL SS body, unmilled AM/MM rail, Benchy 2x, wood grips, vert adapter, "modified" DataPimp drop, PMI 68/3k steel, Crown Point barrel- coming soon: <b>SS Lapco bigshot</b>, SS ReTro valve, warpfeed w/ custom SS mounting bracket, and if I can't get someone to make a pair of SS or cast-iron revvie shells, I'll probably get a HALO ;) )
Yep, that's what I've got on mine. Very nice. Very heavy. :)

Fireblade - again, that is INSANE!!! The reason I wouldn't do that, once again, is because a lot of the $$ he put into isn't transferrable to anything else. But, still... lol very noice.

paint magnet
01-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Cool. Lapco barrels rock :cool:

BobTheCow
01-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Well, just weighed the whole setup. With about 200 rounds of evil paint, and batteries and everything, it came in at a hefty 10 pounds even. *sigh*
Of course, I don't really know how this stacks up (on paper)... what do all your setups weigh??

Eagle
01-07-2004, 05:05 PM
where do you get an adapter to install the Warp on a 98? I have an original Model 98 (bought in the winter of '99) that I would still play with on occasion if I could hook my warp to it. And mine would probably outway most of the others. Got a few more upgrades than most pictured plus a steel tank:D . That thing may not perform as well as my mag, but it was more reliable. Only troubles were when I didn't oil it.

paint magnet
01-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Eagle
where do you get an adapter to install the Warp on a 98? I have an original Model 98 (bought in the winter of '99) that I would still play with on occasion if I could hook my warp to it. And mine would probably outway most of the others. Got a few more upgrades than most pictured plus a steel tank:D . That thing may not perform as well as my mag, but it was more reliable. Only troubles were when I didn't oil it.

Then something is wrong with your mag. Any mag will be much more durable than any blowback marker, due to the fact that you're not counting on a sear or trigger mechanism to lock up a moving bolt, the majority of the parts are made from machined stainless steel and not cast aluminum, there is much more precision involved (why do you think model 98's have huge threads? Because fine threads are nearly impossible with cast aluminum receivers),and the mag has a built in regulator that has an added benefit of catching debris from your air supply before it screws up your valve. And any mag will be much more durable than the modern Tippmanns, as you don't have a plastic bolt or a plastic powertube (:eek: ) in a mag. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to turn this into a Tippmann bashing thread, I have owned a few myself and the old ones are great. I really hate the direction they have chosen to go though, and doubt I will buy any of their products in the future despite some rather clever designs (cyclone feed on the A-5) due to the aforementioned reasons.

punkncat
01-07-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by paint magnet

Then something is wrong with your mag. Any mag will be much more durable than any blowback marker, due to the fact that you're not counting on a sear or trigger mechanism to lock up a moving bolt, the majority of the parts are made from machined stainless steel and not cast aluminum, there is much more precision involved (why do you think model 98's have huge threads? Because fine threads are nearly impossible with cast aluminum receivers),and the mag has a built in regulator that has an added benefit of catching debris from your air supply before it screws up your valve. And any mag will be much more durable than the modern Tippmanns, as you don't have a plastic bolt or a plastic powertube (:eek: ) in a mag. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to turn this into a Tippmann bashing thread, I have owned a few myself and the old ones are great. I really hate the direction they have chosen to go though, and doubt I will buy any of their products in the future despite some rather clever designs (cyclone feed on the A-5) due to the aforementioned reasons.

Mags do use a sear to catch the bolt.
Tippmanns valve is designed for use with "tank pressure"CO2 and really doesn't need a regulator.That is why it uses a screw that threads into the valve chamber to regulate velocity.
Not trying to bash either, just had to point that out.

Eagle
01-07-2004, 07:59 PM
personally, I like the plastic bolt design of the Tippmann 98. I hab many fewer chops. And it was plenty rugged. It was heavy though, but I use a sling so that wasn't usually much of an issue.

BobTheCow
01-07-2004, 08:16 PM
personally, I like the plastic bolt design of the Tippmann 98. I hab many fewer chops. And it was plenty rugged.Actually, I ended up breaking off a part of the plastic on the power tube when I installed the RT. :-\

paint magnet
01-07-2004, 08:45 PM

Mags do use a sear to catch the bolt.
Tippmanns valve is designed for use with "tank pressure"CO2 and really doesn't need a regulator.That is why it uses a screw that threads into the valve chamber to regulate velocity.
Not trying to bash either, just had to point that out.

Right. But on a mag, if you pull and hold the trigger, and the gun fires then the bolt returns, the bolt spring is holding it back and not the sear. Release the trigger and the sear locks up the bolt while there is no foward pressure on the bolt (i.e., no chance of the bolt skipping off the sear due to the fact it was in motion, hence you aren't relying on the sear to stop a moving bolt)

Whereas on a Tippmann (or any blowback gun for that matter) if you pull the trigger and hold it on and the hammer returns, it recoils back after the drive spring compresses, and you are relying on the sear to catch the moving hammer/bolt. This presents the risk of the hammer skipping off the sear and then you will have the classic "motorboat" effect and probably chop a few balls.

As for the regulator being integrated into the design of the Automag, you are right that the Tippmann does not need an inline regulator to function because it runs on the pressure in the tank. Being of a blowback design however, this presents a problem in that after you fire using a Co2 tank (which the majority of those shooting blowback markers use), the pressure drops. If you fire enough, or if it is cold, you run the risk of the pressure in the tank dropping (temporarily) to the point where it is insufficient to recock the marker. There are a few ways to prevent this. In the case of the Tippmann, the manufacturers have elected to make the gun function at the widest range of possible pressure fluctuation, anything from below the normal range on up fo 3000 psi where the burst disc blows on the Co2 tank. In designing the Automag, AGD decided that it would be much more reliable and safer if they could make the marker function at a low enough pressure that there would always be at least that much pressure left in the tank, and therefore enough to recock the marker. Once this was accomplished, of course, you have to add a regulator, otherwise you will end up with a gun that runs on 450 psi being fed by an input pressure of ~800 psi from the tank, and you'll be shooting well over 300 fps. As I mentioned before, the regulator has the added 'benefit' of catching most debris that enters the marker, and traps it before it reaches the valve.

paint magnet
01-07-2004, 08:49 PM
personally, I like the plastic bolt design of the Tippmann 98. I hab many fewer chops.

Yes, bolts made out of plastic or delrin seem to be very popular. But I'm not sure how you can say you have fewer chops with a plastic bolt, since I don't know of any metal Tippmann 98 bolts. Also, being made out of plastic didn't seem to help me much, as it was still harder than a gelatin paintball and it still had the force of the heavy hammer and the drive spring pushing it to deal with.

RRfireblade
01-07-2004, 08:50 PM
OK guys,let's not turn this into a huge Mag v.Tipp thread,that's not the point of the thread and not fair to the starter.:)

paint magnet
01-08-2004, 09:34 AM
Sorry, It's probably mainly my fault. BobTheCow, I will delete my other posts if you want me to. :)

BobTheCow
01-08-2004, 08:36 PM
Nah, it's fine, I like seeing a high reply count in MY thread. :D

Enigma4you
01-08-2004, 11:05 PM
I work in a pb store. I have helped many many folks spend alot of money in search of the ultimate tippy. Those two are hands down the winners. I would love you guys to play at our field. The first reason isIm the only one that shoots a warp there. the second is just to see the look onthe faces of all those guys who think they have the best tippy out there. The oly thing I didnt see was a flatline and a car stock.

paint magnet
01-09-2004, 10:00 AM
LOL a marker with a CAR stock and warpfeed.... I don't know, it might actually turn out well. It just sounds kind of wierd.

wish-had-a-mag
01-09-2004, 05:18 PM
My bad, I just came back to this.....I had a huge rant going when i first edited, but I guess i lost it somwehere..I'll try to re-do it later.

BobTheCow
01-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by wish-had-a-mag
a
:confused:

dinger
01-10-2004, 01:34 AM
anyone got vids of any of those insane tippmanns?

FalconGuy016
01-10-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by dinger
anyone got vids of any of those insane tippmanns?

I will be recording him soon, on c02 though for max RT power :)

dinger
01-10-2004, 01:48 AM
muahahahaaha i can sense more time being wasted away during class!! :D

Sir_Brass
01-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
Yep, shockerocker. Reason you probably haven't seen me at pev's is because I'm not insane, and prefer to play paintball in above freezing weather. :)

WUSS!! :p :P (j/k)

Hopefully I'll be making the long haul up to Leesburg to play at PEVS sometime this summer. When I'm home in Va, I play at Painted Forest up in Lynchburg (1.5 hour drive for me, as I live in Salem).

You'll know me when you see me :D. I'll be the guy all in black, except for a green/gold proteus, and a green PJ sock hat :D, and either toting a PPS Blazer, or a WGP sniper :D.

Btw, nice looking tippy you got there. I like the m98c's design, but it feels a little long for my tastes. Still, yous looks really sweet :).