PDA

View Full Version : AO or AGD beanies... any one make them?

trevorjk
01-05-2004, 06:55 PM
are there any AO beanies? or AGD? i have been looking and all i can find are regular hats but up here in wisconsin it gets cold and would like a beanie or hat that covers your ears, and every other part of the top of your head, to keep warm... i have searched to no avail so if some one does make them please give me a link but if no one does im sure some one would be cool enough to do it :p

joshweinerhead
01-05-2004, 07:40 PM
i would def buy one

FreakBaller12
01-05-2004, 08:50 PM
*everyone stares at rogue waiting for a post* ;)

those would be awfully sexy though.

punkcmonkiez
01-05-2004, 09:04 PM
i would jump on one of those... and this is just a thought but wouldent it be cool to have the state AO sigs on the back and the automags.org on the front or somthing along those lines... that may be difficult to produce since thier are 50 states but i think it would be really cool

trevorjk
01-05-2004, 09:05 PM
i just want a black beanie with the blue hex logo on the front but if you come up with a cooler design sure why not but just want to represent and feal warm and cool at the same time

punkcmonkiez
01-05-2004, 09:27 PM
this was drawn very quickly on paint but i think you can get the idea...(its a rip of the SP beanies:rolleyes: )

silentdeath55
01-05-2004, 09:33 PM
It should def. say AO or Automags.org on it and have the hex logo. I would for sure buy one of them either way.

50 cal
01-05-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by punkcmonkiez
this was drawn very quickly on paint but i think you can get the idea...(its a rip of the SP beanies:rolleyes: )

Just don't put an on/off switch on it.:D

Digits
01-05-2004, 09:41 PM

If done right, that would look great

trevorjk
01-05-2004, 10:33 PM
bah that wasnt the post we were hoping for rogue

Digits
01-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Are the AGD name/logo/trademark hexagons allowed to be used on products like this?

trevorjk
01-05-2004, 10:56 PM
hmm then the answer is anyone know a place that would make clothing? cafepress doesnt sell the beanie's so i have to find anotehr place well im off to look again ill see what i can find

trevorjk
01-05-2004, 11:09 PM
found this place

http://www.ace-fittedcapsandhats.com/Beanie-CSB800.htm

for about 525$ or so some one can get 72 of them made... 10$ a peice wich i would proudly pay you could make about 180$ if you sell them all...

just thought id let some one know

punkcmonkiez
01-06-2004, 01:03 PM
i wish someone would set somthing up .... you could make a good deal of money is you sold them for a competitive price from other beanies

fire1811
01-06-2004, 02:37 PM
i started a thread like this a while back and it pretty much got shot down. no one wanted to make em

joshweinerhead
01-06-2004, 03:18 PM
some one has toooooo!! i need something to replace my dye sock !!!!!!!!!!!!

mcveighr
01-06-2004, 03:25 PM
They're called toques.

I don't imagine its a good investement seeing as you probably won't sell 72, because I would imagine only about 1/3 of the people that say they'll buy one, do it.

I'd say thats why Rogue is staying away, the hats probably failed

rpm07
01-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by mcveighr
They're called toques.

I don't imagine its a good investement seeing as you probably won't sell 72, because I would imagine only about 1/3 of the people that say they'll buy one, do it.

I'd say thats why Rogue is staying away, the hats probably failed

Thats pretty much it. EVERYONE wants to buy them but when someone puts out the money and makes the product then no one buys them. Everyone wants, but no one wants to buy. Example alot of people wanted Carbon Fiber grips so PUDBUDZ goes and makes them and people think they are to much money. People dont understand to make custom parts in not cheap. Then you have people come onto a post and say I can make them for alot less because they have a dremel. When people start buying things they ask for more will be made. Sorry just had to vent.

shartley
01-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by rpm07

Thats pretty much it. EVERYONE wants to buy them but when someone puts out the money and makes the product then no one buys them. Everyone wants, but no one wants to buy. Example alot of people wanted Carbon Fiber grips so PUDBUDZ goes and makes them and people think they are to much money. People dont understand to make custom parts in not cheap. Then you have people come onto a post and say I can make them for alot less because they have a dremel. When people start buying things they ask for more will be made. Sorry just had to vent.
BINGO!

tony3
01-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by rpm07

thats why you make the person pay up front before you make them

shartley
01-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by tony3

thats why you make the person pay up front before you make them
That works for SOME things, but unfortunately not for most.

To be cost effective for someone making a product, they have to get supplies to make more than just one at a time. So when you factor in the cost of materials used to design the product, and then enough materials to make enough of the product to be cost effective for the person MAKING them, and then the time used to make them….. Not to mention if they have a 3rd party involved in embroidering or silk screening.

I am sure you can see how the idea of paying up front before making the products sounds better in type then in reality for most products… unfortunately.

the_next_guy_
01-06-2004, 05:35 PM
someone should have some made before a big AO day. They will have a large market and it is alot easier to hand over $10 in person and get the beanie than it is to send a money order, and wait for it to ship (not as many impulsive buyers online:p )

shartley
01-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by the_next_guy_
someone should have some made before a big AO day. They will have a large market and it is alot easier to hand over $10 in person and get the beanie than it is to send a money order, and wait for it to ship (not as many impulsive buyers online:p )
You stepping up? And if not, are you willing to buy all of them that don't sell? ;)

Oh…. And there are FAR more impulse buyers online than at ANY event. They just don’t buy at one time.

Also, some of us don’t need to have a check, or money order to be sent as payment. ;)

Branchvillian
01-06-2004, 06:50 PM
-46? :p
Yeh, that doesn't work out for 10 bucks guys. They could sell these all day and still not make that much of a profit.

Originally posted by RogueFactor
Here are some numbers to mull over...

Cost
$2-$3 for shipping(includes the actual shipping cost + cost of mailer)
$1-$2 for PayPal, CC fees
$4-$5 for the hat itself with customization

Total cost for Hat= $7-$10

Suggest price from AO'ers
$10

trevorjk
01-06-2004, 08:03 PM
well i understand only like 10 of the people that actually want a hat 2 will step up and buy... thats why i looked at smaller incremints such as the 75 area i know it may seam like alot but out of the thousands of people on these forums or special events i msure 75 would sell relativly easy... and from what i have seen when i search the other night about 75 hats to be made would cost between 500 and 600$ and to sell for about 10$ wich i beleive is a fair price... ill even be the first to pre pay if neccasary... who ever jumps on this oppertunity could make and easy 150$ of course it wont all be up front and would probably have to visit AO days to sell the majority of them. but i definatly think selling 75 would be no problem... and you never know some one on here might have a connection where they dont have to go through the middle man wich could easily save 2-3$ per hat and possibly bring down the price of that hat... but either way id jump all over one for 10$

Chronobreak
04-02-2004, 10:02 PM
thinking about it its kinda sad that our favorite company ... agd doesnt even sell any gear with there or the AO logo on it :/

James
04-02-2004, 10:55 PM
i would rock a agd or ao sock hat!!!

steveo356
04-02-2004, 11:31 PM

That would be a sweet design n SP steal every one elses stuff any ways but there should also be a lighter fabric for hot day play cuz i love my mag but hate havin paint in my hair so im pretty sure id grab a couple if they came across some

bornl33t
04-03-2004, 03:13 AM
remember when I had airbrushed that hopper a while back. I had TOOONS of "can you do that to mine and so on" I wasn't trying to market anything but though about it and decited to see who really wanted it. I figured to make it worth my time it would take 10$ a hour to so, each one I did was 3 hours, then shippinh and handling was another 6$. so 36$ for a custom paintjob, and I never charged for setup fees or materials and guess what? NO ONE though it was worth 36$. Unfortunatly, it was barly worth my time to make these, in the paint ran or I had another problem I would have had to pay someone for either a new hopper or shells. But I figured that was a risk. 36$ is spare change... if that's too much then you are barking up the wrong tree.
Come up with your own just and get off the x-box.... geeez your are lazy farts....:D :D

Paintball_4_Fun
04-03-2004, 05:47 AM
someone did http://www.cafeshops.com/automag

not me by the way.

Chronobreak
04-03-2004, 08:04 AM
i like hats and all but i would prefer a beanie stiill no beanies and rogue yeah ofcourse they make stuff but i dont want that dumb lion logo on my stuff

Maffer
04-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by wantamag
i like hats and all but i would prefer a beanie stiill no beanies and rogue yeah ofcourse they make stuff but i dont want that dumb lion logo on my stuff

Nice run-on sentance...
Anyway, I don't believe the Lion logo is stupid in any way, shape, or form. It displays everything that is good about AGD, and it took some thought to acually come up with the idea. Do you enjoy SP's logo, that dazed and confused looking bulls eye? God forbid someone try and show some creativity.

Chronobreak
04-03-2004, 02:01 PM
uhm... just wanted one with an AO symbol or soething on it and no i dont own anything of sp not even a sticker