PDA

View Full Version : dm4 questions

triggerman
01-05-2004, 10:05 PM
I shot a dm4 today. I liked it enough to buy one but I was wondering if I can get one with a clamping low rise or no rise. and If I can't get one on it can I get one for it? also does any one know how long the stock barrel is? also I heard that the eye made by eigi. is this true? and will any one be making a custom version? I am not the most thrilled of the milling.

ICOM
01-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Custom version? Isnt the dm4 just a custom version of the matrix..?

No sKiLLz
01-05-2004, 10:36 PM
The barrel is standard 14" but remember how much you are paying for it. You can ask for any length you want.

No clamping rises are available yet. The thing is barely out.

Egi now works for DYE, and yes, the eyes/board design are his, similar to the ones in the NYX Matrix. They have ABS, dwell, debounce, and sensitivity controls as well as being supposedly waterproof.

I wouldn't count on a custom version coming out till DYE figures out what to do with aftermarket companies. They published what a consider a threat, but it's a cease and desist order on aftermarket companies to stop producing upgrades. And milling...well, there's not much left to shave off.

triggerman
01-05-2004, 11:01 PM
I was just hoping for more suttle changes. the gun is very smooth but the feed tube doesn't fit the image of the gun in my opinion. it looks out of place. do you know if the feed tube is romovable? the only other thing I didn't like is the grip long from front to back but I can get over it being as it shot loke a dream.

No sKiLLz
01-05-2004, 11:04 PM
A strap wrench or if you're like me and don't care use robogrips. You might want to get some lock tite to re seat it if you decide to take it off.

Ov3rmind
01-05-2004, 11:07 PM
No Skillz, are you positive on all of that? I could swear I have seen multiple DM4s with clamping rises. And Dave Youngblood himself said there would be custom versions available (pics should be ready this month or in Feb).

Nick O time
01-05-2004, 11:20 PM
DM4's come stock with clampers on em. i have one got it from my local shop and it was on there. the Dye Matrixes though, they do not have clamping feeds. the feed necks come off very easily if you are trying.

you got the eye and barrel part right though, except i do not think you can choose the barrel tip you want.

MrMag
01-06-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by triggerman
I shot a dm4 today. I liked it enough to buy one but I was wondering if I can get one with a clamping low rise or no rise. and If I can't get one on it can I get one for it? also does any one know how long the stock barrel is? also I heard that the eye made by eigi. is this true? and will any one be making a custom version? I am not the most thrilled of the milling.

a clamping rise comes stock on the gun. the stock barrel is 14 but i am sure you could ask for a diff length if you get it through dye, otherwise no. yes on the eye. supposedly warped and shocktech will be making their own versions of the dm4. thats all i know...

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
01-06-2004, 01:33 AM
whoa....no skillz!!! Where have you been brother. Hey we are going to be playing at sc if you want to come this sat.

DiRTyBuNNy
01-06-2004, 01:41 AM
hopefully his girl just wasn't letting him out o' the bedroom..

No sKiLLz
01-06-2004, 04:32 AM
Clamping feednecks are news to me, so sorry if I misled. If they are out they must be brand spankin' new. As far as custom versions, we'll see what happens.

Sup Fly and Bunnyman. My knee is almost good, but this weekend I will be taking CE classes for security licenses. I will be out there on the 24th though, if any of you guys are free. I miss playing with you guys (paintball):( .