PDA

View Full Version : high pressure ok for orracle

stondroopy
01-06-2004, 05:01 AM
i was wondering if my hp tank is alright to use on e-orracle?it has an output pressure of 790.thnx for any help :)

GA Devil
01-06-2004, 08:05 AM
yes it is fine youll just need to set the reg on the orracle. I just got rid of a 2k3 orracle I used a hp tank on. Youll want to set the reg around 325-350.

AutoMaggot
01-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Yes, you will do fine with that tank. To eliminate flow problems you typically need 200 psi over the output pressure. I wouldn't just set the output of your inline though, use the process of sweetspotting:

1. Back your IVG (velocity nut at the back of the gun) out, so that it rests flush with the end of the body.

2. Turn your inline reg down quite a bit, and with a hopper of paint, start shooting over a chronograph. Obviously your velocity is going to be painfully low.

3. Turn your inline up and keep shooting as you do so. Your velocity will increase, hopefully upwards of 240-250 fps. Eventually, you will come to a point where your velocity begins to drop off as your turn your regulator up... go back to the point just before this occurs.

4. If you are still shy of your fields speed limit, go ahead and turn your IVG in a few notches.

Using this method relaxes the main spring as much as possible, and gives your valve the optimum pressure to work with... you should be able to shoot close to a case of paint on a single fill after sweetspotting and have no problems with chopping since your main spring doesn't have a lot of tension on it.