PDA

View Full Version : X Mag bolt stick

Lone Brain Cell
01-06-2004, 06:33 AM
Can anyone tell me if there was a manufacturing problem with the xmag body that causes bolt stick or is it just a level 10 problem?

I have just heard a rumour that u need to attack it with a file :eek:

I dont wanna attack such a work of art.........I just got my hands on one & it has a boltstick issue

oldsoldier
01-06-2004, 07:12 AM
I sanded down my bolt...took care of the issue. Use a fine grit paper, and LIGHTLY sand down the joint on the bolt. Do a little at a time...it worked for me, and no probs since.

RRfireblade
01-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Depends on where it's sticking.You have to make sure the breach it proprely seated and the barrel needs to be screwed on real tight.

Jay.

James Wright
01-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Bolt stick...I had the same problem! Had to file the upper inside of the breach block to allow free passage of the bolt. There was a lot of free play between the block and main body and when the barrel was in tight, it pushed the breach block back and down to interfere with the bolt. Never had a problem with the side feed and warp though. do a nice tidy job...the gun will work fine and no one will be any the wiser!;)

Lone Brain Cell
01-07-2004, 05:55 AM
Thanks I will look into it..........brand new x mag & im gonna attack it with a file & sand paper:(

Dayspring
01-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Do you get bolt stick with the breech off or only when it's on?

If it's when the breech is off, you have to tune the level 10- go to a bigger carrier.

If it's when the breech is on, then you sand the bolt.

Lone Brain Cell
01-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Do you get bolt stick with the breech off or only when it's on?

If it's when the breech is off, you have to tune the level 10- go to a bigger carrier.

If it's when the breech is on, then you sand the bolt.

Not sure yet.just got it in the post today.the guy I bought it off said that its was sticking........to me it seems like the carrier is too tight.pluss There is alot of chipping around the bolt where the sear sits.gotta look into that:(