PDA

View Full Version : Whats better old skwel 12v viewladers, or new ones?

1ofkind
01-06-2004, 06:10 PM
ditto to th subject!

tony3
01-06-2004, 06:17 PM
old school shells and lid, new school internals

Branchvillian
01-06-2004, 06:17 PM
I've heard the older one's shells are a litlle bit tougher. I've also heard of the new ones melting in the sun, but have never seen it.

CpSuPeRkId
01-06-2004, 06:21 PM
old ones are better for sure. the pre BE ones that arent quite as rough in shell texture are the good ones. the internals are just as good but the shells are what suck now. at least 5 different people around me have cracked their new style revvy shells while not even playing. they were either taking it off their gun and the neck snapped off or leaned their gun against something while the hopper was still on and it cracked right off at the neck. one time my friends cracked off the break. he just took a few steps and it just fell right onto the ground. i have never seen an old style one break in my life. those things are bullet proof.

luckily for me i got a pair of old style good condition black shells the other day for the revvy internals i had lying around:D my brother had a new style revvy and it cracked so he just gave the internals to me before he quit paintball. i needed new shells and nobody has the old style ones anywhere. ive been looking for months online and my local warped sportz and bad boyz toyz only had new ones. so then i realize my 12 year old brother that hasnt played forever has an old style rev. he saw that my new style one fits his feedneck better so he traded me since hes not even going to play anytime soon. i now have a sweet old shelled/xboard revvy!!!! its amazing because i have a halo b w/ ripdrive and zcode but i still think old school revvys are soo cool. just knowing they are so simple and reliable and give you a decent rof without chopping(viking w/ was and eyes) makes them neat to have.

tony3
01-06-2004, 06:26 PM
I broke my old school shells:( diving into a snake

Methylphenidate
01-06-2004, 06:31 PM
the old school shells arnt invincible but they sure are a hell of alot stronger then the new jewel shells brass eagle is putting out

1ofkind
01-06-2004, 06:49 PM
I haven't played in a while, but when I had my spyder I used a newer 12v hopper, I thought it completely sUced.
I was just redicilouslly out shooting it, my highly consistant ROF was 11- 13 bps. My friend described wat came out my barrel as a tossed salad hehe.

AcemanPB
01-06-2004, 07:08 PM
I've had the same newer (post BE) Revvy for more than a year and it's held up just fine. I've put it through some rough times diving into bunkers and stuff and it's held up just fine. I have clear shells though, the non-black shells seem to be made of a different material than the black ones.

Just thought I'd share my experience

Torbo
01-06-2004, 07:16 PM
pre BE shells are phenominal. i love them, as they are very tough. they are of course breakable, but they take a hell of a beating. i personally use empire reloader internals in a pre-be shell. It is beautiful.

PaInTbAlLeR476
01-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Had a pair of pre BE shells, they were awasome, after 2 years they never even hinted towards cracking. The day i got my newer 12v w/ x board i put it into my gun and when i took it out it had stress cracks. Last time i played i used a freinds egg 2 and let another friend use my revy. It broke in his posetion so he bought me new shells:) These are gonna break soon neways.

sniper1rfa
01-06-2004, 09:26 PM
i bought an x-board revvy when they first came out, was lucky enough to get old shells. Never had a problem till i bashed them (VERY roughly) and cracked the neck and battery housing. cracked, mind you.

i bought a new set and broke them off at the neck in two days play. it just fell off the gun. Swapped back to the old set (cracks fixed via BIC lighter) and havent had a problem since.

then i started playing stock class, and the point was rendered moot. :)

rpm07
01-06-2004, 11:33 PM
I have 1 from 1995 and still going strong

fallout11
01-07-2004, 10:13 AM
My old revvy from 1996 soldiers on also.
Nearly indestructible.....

Kevmaster
01-07-2004, 11:40 AM
The new plastic used in the current revvies is STRONGER and LIGHTER than the pasltic used at first. The current revvies will outpreform the old ones. The current revvies are faster and quicker to detect a ball missing.

All in all, a new revvie out of the doors from BE today is superior to a revvie out of VL's doors from 5 years ago.

Crighton
01-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Not so proud owner of a pair of broken post BE revvy shells. One broke while walking down a trail. Snapped right off at the neck. Didn't even bang it against anything. The second broke near the lid hinge. Dropped from about 3 feet into the dirt.

FortySix&2
01-07-2004, 12:13 PM
The "post" ones are horrible. I currently have two of them lying in my gear bag w/ broken feed necks. The necks just snap if you tighten it too much...but if you don't tighten it it's too loose and swivels on ur gun. My suggestion...get an Empire Reloader. They load faster and seem to be more durable. They about the same price too. Then there's always a Halo...:D

Kevmaster
01-07-2004, 06:23 PM
you do know there are these wonderful little things called warranties. BE knows they made a mistake with the revvie shells. Too many units were out the doors when they saw the problem, and since it was not a saftey concern they did not recall them. If yours broke, within 90 days of buying it, you are entitled to another pair. Call BE and they will replace them.

shades
01-07-2004, 09:31 PM
I lucked out when i got my revy two years ago it was the old loader with an x board before they where marked as "X-board"on the packagin or the loader.
The xboard is definitely faster. The new shells are brittle but I know alot of people out there who would have or have changed their shells brittle or not, just to have their gun look more "PIMP".