PDA

View Full Version : tradin cocker for an a-5 need help!!!

SpydermanN9
01-06-2004, 09:32 PM
whats the resale value on the average 6 month old tippman A-5 pretty good condition with about 4000 shots through it no upgrades

im downsizing from an sx vengence cocker to a tippman and id also like an idea about how much money to ask for with it

this is the gun except ive added a sx on /off black macro and a chrome **edit**(swing trigger frame) the barrel is still stock

thanx n8n

NJPaint
01-06-2004, 09:50 PM
$250 max

Branchvillian
01-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Why downgrade that much? Just keep your cocker, it's a nice gun. Not to say an A-5 isn't a nice gun, just not as nice.

slushee
01-07-2004, 04:40 AM
i'm assuming your looking to get the flatline?

Gabriel
01-07-2004, 10:25 AM
NoOoOoOoO!!! Dont do that, A-5s are icky!

Ok, so they'Re not 'icky', but why do you want to downgrade? They're nice and all, but is there any particular reason?

i_baked_cookies
01-07-2004, 10:27 AM
a-5s are ugly and they make you look like one of those 8 yr old kids that dont know what theyre doing. stay with the cocker.

**edit**- well if u got flatline and rt with double trigger, it would be a pretty nice woods gun

RRfireblade
01-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Down grading is usually such a waste.Resale stinks on almost all PB guns anyway.You lose your butt on the resale of your "old" gun and end up buying someone else "old" and cheap gun along w/ the reasons they were selling it for.

If you sell your cocker for $2-$300 max and buy a used Tippy for $250 what have you actually gained,more like lost.

Your chioce though,

Jay.

skife
01-07-2004, 12:13 PM
im downsizing from an sx vengence cocker to a tippman

thats not really downgrading is it?
its a SX cocker

SpydermanN9
01-07-2004, 03:32 PM
:mad: skife-if u have something useful to add then by all means do so but i didnt come in s***'n on ur gun dont do it to mine

And i rarly play paintball i dont need this cocker i need money so i will have something to drive yes i would like to sell it completely but thats easier said than done all i want is a gun to play every now and then until i find a better job play more and get the money for a new gun

wobbles82
01-07-2004, 03:43 PM
I dont think skife was trying to be rude, he was just suggesting. That cocker series cannot fetch a large price because they sell so low, so in reality going to an A-5 isnt really downgrading. Selling the cocker im sure is almost nearly impossible for what you want and an A-5 probably is a fair trade. Nothing to worry about on the gun, and if ya want, eframe it, and let the good times roll. IMO, if your going to wanna air up and play every once in awhile, take the A-5, and just forget about selling either, hold onto them because youll regret a cheap sale in the long run.

$tevo
01-07-2004, 03:45 PM
well if you really need money. then get a m98. and ask for more money, im not sure what any of those are worth though. but if you rarely play pball, and need money, just get the m98 so you get more cash in hand

SpydermanN9
01-07-2004, 03:52 PM
thats origionally what i wanted to dowas get the m98 but i had a guy offer me an a-5 and some money but he wants me to decide how much i may decline and go for the m98 thanks everyone so far youve been helpful

skife i appologize if you werent tring to be rude i know the resale on either isnt great but i do not care for any one who will sit and talk s*** about the kind or price of anyones gun when we all know its not really about the gun its how u run the field. NOT implying that you are one of these people im just stateing the way i feel. as i said before if u werent i do apologize with sencerity

SpydermanN9
01-07-2004, 04:00 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118678

if anyone wants to look at what ive got to sale ive got stuff other than the cocker(jerseys,pack,dvd player and other misc. items)

RRfireblade
01-07-2004, 04:01 PM
In that case I'd take as much cash as he's willing to go for.And this is not a slam on your gun but those should only go for $200-$300 absolute max.If you can get more,go for it.As I said earlier,I don't see how a few bucks either way really changes your finacial position but if your just wanting something different,that's all good too.;)

Jay.

SpydermanN9
01-07-2004, 04:06 PM
thanks if i can get that with or without an a-5 id be happy ive just got to replace the water pump in my truck and pay for gas until i start the other job and i dont as i said and i need a few bucks

skife
01-07-2004, 04:47 PM
hey man, I was just saying that SX cockers are known for their problems and that an A-5 would probably be better, In no way am i saying my gun(BKO) is better than yours, In fact your gun probably works right now, Mine doesnt and when it does its less efficiant than a shocker

if i were you though, i'd probably trade the SX for lesser of a gun then spend the money you get with it on your car parts

I know what it feels like to not have a car, i just got the cash around for tires 2 weeks ago, before that i was either borrowing my parents cars or walking for the previous 3 months, it wasn't fun.

Goodluck on your other job man.

SpydermanN9
01-07-2004, 05:10 PM
its cool man the way u said it it just sounded that way
i understand what u are sayin though and its about time someone understands about the truck everyone says no not the gun like im quitin for good im comin back itll just be a while:)

thank u i hope i didnt offend u or n e one else and i hope u get ur gun workin

68magOwner
01-07-2004, 05:35 PM
i'd say to get a 98 custom and about $100 for your cocker instead of an A-5, a few friends still have tippy's, and, while ive never owned one, ive played with theirs, and from far as i can see, the A-5 has no advantage over the 98c, in fact, the 98 shoots as good, but dosent have that huge cyclone feed to get shot in. I would actually prefer an elcetro spyder over either the spydre is faster, and not near as long. but thats just my opinion

punkncat
01-07-2004, 07:48 PM
I tend to agree with the above posts about the 98C.Much better gun than the A-5 in the dependability department.

skife
01-07-2004, 09:47 PM
I'll get this thing working eventually
A few weeks ago i ordered a 2k3 cocker from the local shop and started making payments on it with my spare money, I get to pick the gun up tomorrow, i think i'll leave the BKO down there to be fixed or sent in to ICD or just hung on the wall

Good luck with gett'n your truck fixed though
whats wrong with it?

SpydermanN9
01-07-2004, 09:58 PM
i think i will go with 98c but i think i can get the 98c and about 200-250 soo thatll work for most of the work i need done

the truck neds a new water pump new inspection and a tale light is out new tires will come pretty soon everything is dying at once but itll be aight and the 2k3 cockers are good lookin guns when u get lmk how u like it

SpydermanN9
01-07-2004, 10:06 PM
one more up then this conversation piece is done for if ur interestedin n e of my junk at the site lmk we can work somthin out uve all been great help this ended up more than a simple question like i had guessed it would be but hey it was fun i like this forum a lot better than i did when i first registered well im ramblin talk to yall in another thread thankx agin