PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a raw/unannoed barrel

jayloo
01-06-2004, 11:27 PM
I want to get my entire emage setup reannoed to solid red in a few months and I want to include a barrel.

Something all purpose for paint sizes that I could get safely reannoed/annoed.

Could I do a dye ultralite without trashing tolerances?

MicroMiniMe
01-06-2004, 11:32 PM
I'll find out in a week. Have one at xpb getting done or already done. Otherwise call a local shop and see if they can custom order an unanodized one. I picked up a raw Titanium Longbow tip just last week for the same reason.

jayloo
01-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Cool, XPB is who I will probably send my stuff to to get annoed.

Anybody else got a barrel reannoed?

Ginjiroku
01-07-2004, 01:22 AM
that's a cool idea, can't wait to see the all red marker when it gets done.

pputkowski
01-07-2004, 07:19 AM
Just an FYI, I'd go ahead and hop on the waiting list if you are going to use XPB...

Creative Mayhem
01-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Jayloo, i got my J&J Edge kit with SSbacks and 2 raw tips. I had J&J send the tips to A+, where my Xmag was being annoed for AGD and the matched it exactly to my xmag in the same anno bath. It's really the only way to match the barrel or tips, is to have everything done in the same batch.

Judge for yourself....
http://www.teamviolator.com/Mayhem/warped%20X.jpg

RRfireblade
01-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by jayloo
Cool, XPB is who I will probably send my stuff to to get annoed.

Anybody else got a barrel reannoed?

XPB has done all the barrels on the guns they have done for me.I have no prob letting them do it again.None were raw BTW but 2 were inserts based barrels,the other 3-4 were typical 1 peice.

Jay.

pbxjesters00
01-07-2004, 02:16 PM
As far as getting a new barrel raw Powerlyte also offers raw tips you just need to email them for it.

jayloo
01-07-2004, 04:05 PM
This is all great info, thanks to all that responded.

Is reannoing a 1 piece or control bore part of a 2 piece barrel (non insert) a bad idea. I would like to get to anno a whole barrel.

RRfireblade
01-07-2004, 04:16 PM
I'll just say this,Re-annoing WILL change the specs of anything.How much no one can guarantee to an exact measurement.If you do all "Backs" at the same time they all "should" stay with in the same proportion to each other(good) but if you did them seperatly over a time that may not be the case.(bad ;) )

Jay.