PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use redz comfort harnesses??

PissedGodzilla
01-07-2004, 12:51 AM
are they comfortable, and how are the sizes? Do they run small or big? thanks for any info..

lilc8un
01-07-2004, 12:57 AM
theyre great, ive had one for awhile now, the most comfortable ones ive ever worn, i dont know about the 2004 new ones, but if theyre anything like the older models, theyre definitely worth the money...as far as size goes, im a 34 waist, and i wear a medium, and theres plenty of room left if i get fat

Methylphenidate
01-07-2004, 02:01 AM
AMAZING
thats all i have to say

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
01-07-2004, 02:26 AM
Best pack in my opinion.

pito189
01-07-2004, 02:31 AM
Their belt if definately the best. After using the Extreme Rage all last season, I would say the Redz is better. It's wider and holds the pods tighter to your back.

Carbon
01-07-2004, 02:54 AM
I Have one of the newer redz pack, its a 3.3. Excellent fit and comfort. I've had it over 6 months and its still shapin up fine. Some folks would contend you can getter better packs from Topstich (Mpacks), but i think the reds packs are worth the money.

The tubes fit in the pouches real nice like, snug enough not to bounce around and shift, but loose enough to pull right out swiftly..

AS for the sizes they run about average i guess. Im a 34 and use a medium, with plenty of velcro to spare.

slushee
01-07-2004, 04:30 AM
I have never used redz gear .. just wanted to say was that your sig was pretty pimpin!

wageslave
01-07-2004, 08:53 AM
I'm a 36 waist and the medium fits with room to spare. If I had to guess, I'd say anything from 32-38 would easily fit a medium comfort belt, but that's just my best guess.

It's a very comfortable belt. My previous harness was a lot narrower, so the Redz belt felt kind of weird at first, almost like a corset, but it's easy to get used to and very stable and great at weight distribution.

Big_Chops
01-07-2004, 12:14 PM
they are awsome. i love mine and would never give it up for anything

PissedGodzilla
01-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Thanks to everyone for The help... I'll be getting mine In the mail Soon!!!!

bunkermaster10
01-07-2004, 12:22 PM
I love Redz harnesses. They are constructed very good and look great IMO. I love my 3.2 harness its freaking awesome. The only thing bad about Redz stuff is that it is a bit pricey but thats about it.

rikkter
01-07-2004, 12:56 PM
i love mine. the way it tightens to your body is great, you got the main velco belt which goes in front, then you got the side velcos.
it makes it feel tighter on the SIDES than in the front, which is great.

it holds the pods right to your body, exactly what i wanted

Mindflux
01-07-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by bunkermaster10
I love Redz harnesses. They are constructed very good and look great IMO. I love my 3.2 harness its freaking awesome. The only thing bad about Redz stuff is that it is a bit pricey but thats about it.

What *ISN'T* pricey in paintball.

Other than gold cup oil.. that is ;)

G-Rock
01-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Best packs in the business in my opinion.

Chris

Clare
01-07-2004, 01:39 PM
I had a 4.3 and a 2.1 at one point and I found it to be too constricting. Don't get me wrong, it's a great pack! I joined a team that was sponsored by Extreme Rage, so we switched packs and I found it to be a lot better. The belt wasn't as wide as a Redz, which meant I wasn't so constricted but it didn't move around at all. I sometimes found it difficult to pull the pods out of the stretchy parts, as well. My only real complaint was the Redz belt and how easily I'd end up tired just by wearing it a few hours. Then again, I'm probably smaller than most of you and the width of the belt affects me a whole lot more than you all. :)

Rope a Dope
01-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Yah... for us tubby bastards... (hehe) the Redz work out really nice. I'm a back player (figures) and I use a 5.4 pack and think it's the best pack made!

TheTramp
01-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by pito189
Their belt if definately the best. After using the Extreme Rage all last season, I would say the Redz is better. It's wider and holds the pods tighter to your back.

I did exactly the same thing and feel exactly the same way.

I was using a Redz then our team got Extream Rage packs. I had to use it durring Tournament games but always went back to my Redz at other times.

Hexis
01-07-2004, 02:59 PM
I borrowed a 4.5 setup from a friend.

Yesterday I ordered up a 5.5 pack, 3.3 pack and a CB. I really like that the design is modular, so I have some options without buying entire setups. I also think it's by far the best thing for comfort and usability.

$tevo
01-07-2004, 04:04 PM
i have had my 3.2 pack for a few months. i love it, very comfortable, you can make it fit your body perfectly. it kicks my other packs butt. but then again i hada 32* camo 4+1 pack before that...

bsolomon
01-07-2004, 04:16 PM
I love my Redz pack. I have had some back problems in the past, and I immediately noticed that the Redz comfort Belt is basically identical to an orthopedic back brace that I was given by my chiropractor. With that kind of support, no wonder it's so comfortable to wear.

Lee
01-07-2004, 04:55 PM

the only thing i don't like about mine is that with a full load out, it feels awkward. i usually only put in 5.2 now, if even that much.

capoiera: i saw you at the cup. you're like 1/4 my size so i can see why it didn't work for you. i wear a 38-40 and use a medium belt. fits just right.

decimator4
01-07-2004, 08:12 PM
I actually just got my new 4+4 today. I havent rly gotta use it on the feild, but man its comfortable. No moving around or anything. And if u order from redz you get some free pods, hehe

C_22
01-07-2004, 08:25 PM
I've used my 3 - 2 for 2 years now and love it.