PDA

View Full Version : LVL 10 spring question

tonybhall
01-07-2004, 07:10 AM
Hello everyone,

I got a new Custom ULE RT a week ago. A guy at my local field suggested that I change the spring on my level 10 to the red one. He did not say why but he is generaly thought to be pretty good with paintball guns and has owned several mags. I am not sure I want to change anything since the gun was factory tuned by AGD. Can anyone tell me why I should put the Red spring on the level 10 or what the Red spring is for?

Thanks
Bryan

Dayspring
01-07-2004, 10:01 AM
The red spring is the medium tension spring. The silver one is the long tension spring. The longer the spring, the softer on paint you can go. However it'll be a little less air efficient b/c you'll have to turn up the velocity a little more.

The reason AGD puts the stock spring on the Xvalve is b/c it will ALWAYS work. (Plus, it's the easiest to set up.)

tonybhall
01-07-2004, 11:14 AM
So does it change the performance that much? If I put the Red spring on will it require much tuning? I don't have a chrono so it is hard for me to tinker with it much at home and the chorno station at my local field is always very busy. I guess what I am trying to figure out is, should I just leave well enough alone since I am not having any problems or can I get a lot better performance by making a change and some adjustments. I did have a few breaks the first day I shot it but I don't know if they were chops or barrel breaks. The paint was old and cheap. It's just what I happened to have laying around the house when my gun came in. I played with it last week and went through about 1000 rounds with no breaks.

thanks,
Bryan

cphilip
01-07-2004, 11:26 AM
All it will require is turning the velocity up a bit. Keep everything else the same and just pop the red spring in there and turn the velocity up till its crono'd right. Its the best choice really is the Middle or Red spring for all around use. A bit gentler on paint than the short stock one but yet still dependable shooting unlike the long Silver one. It's the only set up I ever set up and use.