PDA

View Full Version : Spplat Attack questions

Timmee
01-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Ok, I really enjoyed myself at Spplat Attack II, and am really looking forward to the next one. I had a couple of questions, though.

1: Does anyone know if/when the Spplat Attack II DVD will be out?

2: When/where is the next Spplat Attack?

3: How much will the event cost?

4: Is the theme already picked?

I ask because if it's going to be in Chicago, I'm going to have to start checking on hotel and air fares, and don't want to be stuck at the last minute for either.

Dayspring
01-07-2004, 10:06 AM
It's not until August. You have some time...

As for your other questions- no details have been released.

slasherdan
01-12-2004, 12:45 PM
It has been posted somewhere that it will be back in Chicago. The current location appears to be a former "boy scout" grounds.

I don't think this has been finalized, but it looks like they are going to keep it in Chicago so they can push it more than they did last year...

Timmee
03-12-2004, 08:01 AM
2 months have gone by since the last response in this thread. Does anyone have any info about the next Spplat Attack game?

Mckevern
03-12-2004, 09:56 AM
I think the lastest announcement had it placed at CPX again. Hopefully the feild gets their act together and makes sure everything is working. Like some of the fill stations.

Also I hope they let some companies come in and sell paint at some competetive prices. Last time you could only buy their paint and they charged an ARM AND LEG AND YOU FIRST CHILD for a case of the CHEAPEST CRAP on the planet.

The EMR game was 100% better. I understand that they want to have it back in Chicago because they can push it better and have a better show .... but hopefully they don't let the jerks at EMR rape the crowd.

Timmee
03-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Mckevern
I think the lastest announcement had it placed at CPX again. Hopefully the feild gets their act together and makes sure everything is working. Like some of the fill stations.

Also I hope they let some companies come in and sell paint at some competetive prices. Last time you could only buy their paint and they charged an ARM AND LEG AND YOU FIRST CHILD for a case of the CHEAPEST CRAP on the planet.

The EMR game was 100% better. I understand that they want to have it back in Chicago because they can push it better and have a better show .... but hopefully they don't let the jerks at EMR rape the crowd.

I'd heard that rumor as well, but I was hoping for something a little more official (something from Tom, JJ, or someone else involved with the prep of the game). I was also hoping we could hear what date was picked, so we can start making travel plans.

Gunslinger-ActionBob
03-13-2004, 11:08 AM
McKevern - I believe it's just a mistake but what does
" jerks at EMR " mean? I believe you meant CPX.

Any paint issues direct at JJ with Splatt.At the first one Brass Eagle denied entrance to any tractor trailer rigs that weren't in the BE family. And the paint prices were set long before the game.

At EMR the only reason you got a choice is because Blue put his footdown and required Severe to be involved. The paint price was still set ahead of time by the promoter but at least with competition we had tourney grade paint. Also the paint didn't run out.

It is also thanks to Tom Kaye, Blue, and Pacman it even happened the second time. There are/was issues being dealt with from the first one. Without their effort,time and money the whole event would have been a wash.

Kahuna
03-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Bank on the chicago area, probably CPX but look for better paint, an outside air vendor and probably will not be called spplat III. Bet on MXS to run the event so it will be up to the usual high standard we expect from an MXS game

Timmee
03-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Gunslinger-ActionBob
McKevern - I believe it's just a mistake but what does
" jerks at EMR " mean? I believe you meant CPX.

Any paint issues direct at JJ with Splatt.At the first one Brass Eagle denied entrance to any tractor trailer rigs that weren't in the BE family. And the paint prices were set long before the game.

At EMR the only reason you got a choice is because Blue put his footdown and required Severe to be involved. The paint price was still set ahead of time by the promoter but at least with competition we had tourney grade paint. Also the paint didn't run out.

It is also thanks to Tom Kaye, Blue, and Pacman it even happened the second time. There are/was issues being dealt with from the first one. Without their effort,time and money the whole event would have been a wash.

You know, that was the first (and only) time I've shot Severe paint, and I liked it. Of course, if all we would have had was the Draxxus paint, I'd have been fine with that too (I've shot Draxxus paint before).