PDA

View Full Version : stiffi barrel cleaning

-=Squid=-
01-07-2004, 10:35 AM
I was just reading on PBR your not supposed to clean stiffi barrels with swabs, and a weakness is the cleaning. I have not yet cleaned it, but thats how I would have. In that case, how do I clean it, on and off the field?

RRfireblade
01-07-2004, 11:12 AM
I really don't know why that's a problem.The carbon fiber is encapasulated in resin.The resin is one of the reasons for the strength and durability of the product.I don't have a Stiffi but I do have plenty of experience with CF both in products purchased as well as made myself.If it's "smooth" enough for paintball to travel through and impervious to gelatin and vegetable oil,I would thing water and a swab or squeegie should be just fine.

BUT, I could be just talking out my butt.:D

I noticed thier site says nothing about accepted cleaning procedures either.I guess it came with no recommendations?

Jay.

RRfireblade
01-07-2004, 11:17 AM
I guess thier worried about 2 things.

A swab can snag on the muzzle break(not a biggie) and if it's a dirty swab,the bore is easily scratched(true of any barrel really) I guess the answer is to use a CLEAN swab and don't push it in and out at the tip.

That's my take anyway.I don't think it's a major concern.

Jay.

PissedGodzilla
01-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Why don't you just dry fire a few times, I heard it works pretty well to clean out the inside of any CF barrell. That's only what I heard, though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Snertz
01-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Hmm, dunno about that, been cleaning my stiffi with a combination swab/pull thru squeegee, and its been fine thus so far, and this has been since when I got it when they first came out..

-=Squid=-
01-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Thanks guys, I will just carry on with a swab.

afrankart
01-07-2004, 04:24 PM
My stiffi doesen't s;hoot clean very well. I use a straight shot on the field and a cable squeegee off.

$tevo
01-07-2004, 04:31 PM
yea i have been cleanin mine with a squeegy.. still works fine

stupiddogg
01-07-2004, 05:58 PM
when I saw them in san diego, you could buy their "special" squeegie with a swab and adjustable rubber ball thing to clean it....

$tevo
01-07-2004, 08:14 PM
oh, im not really worried about it. im just gonna use whatever i have..

RRfireblade
01-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by $tevo
oh, im not really worried about it. im just gonna use whatever i have..

Careful,some members here at AO have almost lost appendages doing that.

Jay. ;)