PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Zero 6 and RG-1 on 68classic

unived micindev
01-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Have anybody experiences with ACI sub-zero 6 and Sheridan RG-1 regulator on 68classic (CO2)??? i dont want to make a mistake...thx

NoForts4Me
01-07-2004, 11:33 PM
I have an ACI Sub-zero and an Anti-siphoned 20 oz CO2 tank on a 68classic, and I have not had any problems with the marker freezing up (coldest I've played has been around 40 deg). Even with the expansion chamber, if you use a CO2 tank w/o an anti-siphon tube, you can freeze up your marker during rapid fire (I tried it, trust me...lots of snow). If you are using CO2, the anti-siphon is the most important, IMO.

I don't know anything about the Sheridan regulator, but for that price you could almost get a used Nitro/Compressed Air tank.

unived micindev
01-08-2004, 02:05 AM
stock reg is OK? i cant play with air or nitro bcs im from central europe and air is here expensive (nitro n/a !!!)and im rec-player...so if i use subzero 6 with anti-siphon w/o serious reg everything is OK?...can reg increase accuracy (like in cheap blowbacks) or range?

lbonettosd
01-08-2004, 08:50 AM
I've got a classic Mag that I use for woodball games, its running CO2 with a sub zero Xchamber and I haven't had any issues with its performance. I really don't see a need to put another reg on your gun, it already has one built into it. As far as a reg improving accuracy... not gonna happen, however it would most likely increase consistency when in comes to velocity. Although velocity = range, your range will still be limited to what ever velocity you set your gun to at the chrono. So in the end it is (strictly) my opinion that putting a second reg on a mag that is running co2 is pointless. You'd be better off spending that money on some other type of mod like a barrel, drop forwards, trigger frame, etc...

There's my $.02.

unived micindev
01-08-2004, 10:15 AM
thanks very much guys!!!...but another noob question :D - if i will buy air, for example cheap pure energy 3000psi, second reg (4 xmple torpedo or pps) must be installed...or stock reg is OK on air?

lbonettosd
01-08-2004, 01:07 PM
The pure energy tanks have a preset outlet pressure (regulator) which is set at 800-850 psi. I'm not sure if they have low output pressure regs or not, but at any rate you'll always want the high output pressure regs no matter the make of the HPA. Although there is a regulator on the bottle and another one built into the valve of the gun, you don't want to add a 3rd reg your mag. This is otherwise known as "triple regging" and your mag will suffer from shootdown, so just keep it limited to 2 regulators on your mag MAX. Hope this answers your question

nerobro
01-08-2004, 05:45 PM
The RG-1's I've dealt with have had recharge rates fast enough that I could WATCH the guage recharge. it would take a seccond or two for the guage to recover.

Long story short, the RG-1 is worth less than the chunk of aluminum it's made of.

On a mag, an expantion chamber isn't a BAD idea. But an antisiphon tube is more important. Running co2 is ok on a classic valve, just understand you'll be limited to less than 200 rounds a minute or so or else your tank will freeze.

(My experience has been that a quick string of 200 rounds is enough to bring a 20oz co2 tank to a pressure lower than a L7 mag will cycle at, the LX will be more sensitive to the change in tank pressure.)

GT
01-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Just remember that co2 is very tempature dependent. The colder it is the harder it becomes turning co2 into a gas rapidly

Originally posted by nerobro
On a mag, an expantion chamber isn't a BAD idea. But an antisiphon tube is more important.

I just built a classic with a 6 stage w/o anit siphon, yet. Maybe I could do some test when I get a chance on which is most important

Toto
01-09-2004, 02:06 PM
I have my 68 classic mag with this set up

SubZero 6x
coiled hose remote with a gas trhu t stock

Here in argentina we have really cold winters but i never had a problem with my mag!!!! except the time that i didnt have the remote and the gun was allways frozen because my 12 co2 bottle wasnt anti siphon!!!

unived micindev
01-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Thanks alot guys....everything is very helpfull for me!!!