PDA

View Full Version : 03 Shocker vision, Dye MAtrix, or Angel IR3

INSANEautomagER
01-07-2004, 07:47 PM
I was wondering what I should get. I like lowpressure light guns and was wondering which yall guys would recremind

thanks

teamkamakazee
01-07-2004, 08:04 PM
well lets see hear

03 shocker- super super light by far the lightest gun availible but if you get one get one with the serial # above 1000 that is when smart parts fixed the problem with those markers. but not that gas efficient yet!

dye matrix- pretty light you NEVER CHOP at all looks arent really the greatest i think but its your opinion

angel iR3- VERY SWEET

dude no mater wha6t gun you get its going to be awesome so you dont have to worry all of those are really nice

$tevo
01-07-2004, 08:05 PM
i agree..i would also recomend the 04 timmy, and a dm4

i_baked_cookies
01-07-2004, 08:06 PM
shocker vision

suprisingly small
fast
not half bad lookin cept for the forgrip
get red or black... blue is overrated with the 03 shockers

IMPY0001
01-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Bust it out with a DYE trix they are awsome and rip so hard. Thats what I'm buying next week so I can't wait especially since they have eyes. -Eddie

greg
01-07-2004, 09:49 PM
i hate smart parts.... but my lord are those shockers sexy

emagclown
01-07-2004, 10:14 PM
I actually bought an 03 shocker just recently. It is the lightest gun I've ever played with. The air efficiency doesn't really seem to be a problem. I can go through a full loader and 4 pods on a full 3000-68 fill. And the triggers are sweet. But its still personel opinion.

-=Squid=-
01-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Dont get the shocker because smart parts is the devil.

Dont get the ir3 because it is out of date.

Out of the three choices, get the dye trix. It will be really nice. If you want a really good gun in the same price range, get an AKA 04 viking. Stock with WAS :D

TheDoveDecends
01-07-2004, 10:39 PM
dye trix all the way

No sKiLLz
01-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Used Gen-E trixes are readily available. Go with those since you won't have to replaces some of the crappiest regs in the industry, and upgrade the board to a egi or flops eye. Any Matrix with eye and upgraded electronics is unstoppable.

Torbo
01-08-2004, 03:25 PM
shockers are sooo light, but not that fast(dont flame me, i believe they are capped rather low, like 13. And i know they have nothing on a WAS timmy, or trix), and not great efficiency, and feel like crap to me.

dye trix: real fast. But: regs suck, bigger. Weight isnt that bad, but its real bulky.

Ir3: many say outdated. I disagree. Not the fastest, and somewhere in the middle for weight and size. But to me they just feel really really great. Could be cuz i own one, but hey who knows:p

so to sum it up i guess what id do if i were you is buy a used trix, make sure it has a nice bolt kit, or is an lcd. Then add an eye. And if you want, a Evolve Vert frame. My teammates have them and they rock

Ov3rmind
01-08-2004, 05:45 PM
A Trix is your best bet out of those choices.

MattG
01-08-2004, 05:52 PM
dye matrix hands down u will most pleased. I own both a shocker and a dye matrix!

INSANEautomagER
01-08-2004, 06:33 PM
i was leaning towards the shocker but now towards the matrix...I heard there were problems wiht the dye matrix is this true?

elpimpo
01-08-2004, 06:49 PM
get an angel 4 instead of an ir3 or if u dont want to spend that much go with a speed

Ov3rmind
01-08-2004, 06:50 PM
As far as I know, they can have problematic regulators. On the other hand, it seems 03 Shockers are having problematic everything.

minimag187
01-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Serial number below 1000 had more problems basically, but anything after has no problems at all really, except the occasional manufacturing flaw.... Mine SN is 1522 and it has no problems whatsoever, besides the efficiency (isnt that bad overall) ...;)

WARPED1
01-08-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Torbo
shockers are sooo light, but not that fast(dont flame me, i believe they are capped rather low, like 13. And i know they have nothing on a WAS timmy, or trix), and not great efficiency, and feel like crap to me.

Old Shockers are capped, 03 Shockers are not.

-=Squid=-
01-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Old Shockers are capped, 03 Shockers are not. no, 03 shockers with vision are capped at 24.

*ArKfEaR*
01-08-2004, 09:28 PM
I would look into a:

Speed - http://paintballgateway.com/wdpanspblduf.html

or

an '04 Viking -

http://ontargetentertainment.com/viking04.htm

Im having the same problem because they both are quick, light, and have the pros and cons.

I think the Speed is much, much better looking, both have an Anti-chop systems (an eye is better but cops with A4 bolt is good too).

Im personally leaning towards a Speed just because more people could fix em if I ever had a problem, and I owned an angel before and they just have that feel to them. Speed is probably going to be the choice but its all user-choice.

elpimpo
01-08-2004, 09:31 PM
speed has sensi not cops. sensi is much better. but then again haveing no anti chop system is better than cops

wobbles82
01-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Sensi is like a sorta...software update for COPS, so technically..yes it is. Anyways, while COPs can be quite crappy, with the Angel 4 bolt you can roll on that Angel. Id suggest a Speed over the IR3 in terms of like it being new, efficiency, and a bit less kick. But the IR3s are much nicers.

Shockers..if your gonna go with it wait. Check out the Evolves or whatnot, and see if they can strike magic again. This is going to be a gun that takes time.

Dye Matrix..team had three..now team has none. Thats just us, but when they did work they were so nice. Lighter, faster, and EYES, as compared to most Trixxies. If you cant wait on a Shocker, and dont like the Angel idea, id say take a chance with these and fill out the warranty card.

In conclusion....as usual....shoot em all, haha. :D

RT pRo AuToMaG
01-09-2004, 12:37 AM
you can pick up a used trauma matrix for around 1k, get that.