PDA

View Full Version : Help: Small leak down Barrel

SlyIdeas
01-07-2004, 11:19 PM
I have an old school automag rt that I bought used not to long ago and for some reason I can't get the thing to stop leaking. I bought an RT parts kit and that did a number for it but it still has a small leak running out of the bolt and down the barrel. This leak is very slow but annoying none the less. The RT has a level 10 in it with two shims and the smallest carrier, the next size up was leaking. I know it isn't a shim issue because I have completely removed them and it still does it. I also read on another thread that it could be the position of the valve but that also doesn't seem to be working for me because I have tightened down the banjo bolt all the way without luck. Any help is appreciated! One last simple question. Is the gun supposed to vent a little air out the back when you fire, or do I need to be looking into a new reg piston setup? Thanks!

Dayspring
01-07-2004, 11:44 PM
Start the Level 10 setup over again with a new oring. That's the problem with running the smallest carrier. You can't tighten it up anymore if it leaks.

And the black dot means you posted in that thread.

SlyIdeas
01-09-2004, 03:17 AM
Alright so lets say that the problem is in the oring itself. Is the gun supposed to vent out the back a little when fired or is there a problem with that? Thank you for the help.

Dayspring
01-09-2004, 09:54 AM
The leak out the back is the gun venting from too much pressure. (If you turn the velocity up to high.)

It may be that you need a newer reg piston. There are a new batch that is set to the higher operating pressures of the level 10.

But as for the leak, if it's leaking on the 0 carrier, you have to start over.