PDA

View Full Version : Powertube spacer problem

Posi
01-07-2004, 11:50 PM
I have a very slow leak coming out of the back of the valve, its at the bottom of the valve where the body meets it, i took out the valve and looked at the spacer because i was also getting a leak down the barrel after i shot the gun for a while. I don't think there is a spacer in it, and when i tried putting a spacer it, the tip won't fit, like it won't screw in. any thoughts. its a RT by the way

athomas
01-08-2004, 09:09 AM
Is it a "RT mag" or a "retro mag"?

There probably is a spacer in the powertube. If there wasn't, then air would gush rather than leak out the front when you gassed the marker up. If you are experiencing a slight leak out the front, then maybe a shorter spacer is needed.

The leak out the bottom of the valve most likely from the on/off assembly. The outer o-ring could be leaking. If you pull the trigger and hold it in, the leaking will go away in this case. If the leaking persists after you hold the trigger, then the leak is in the back regulator part of the valve.

Posi
01-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Sorry, its a retro mag, and when i pull down the trigger the leak does stop. but i don't want to be running around all day with my finger on the treigger to stop a leak

athomas
01-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Change the outer on/off o-ring.

Posi
01-12-2004, 08:16 PM
thanks fo r your help, i think i got it