View Full Version : Warp - What Wears Out?

homis
01-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Hi all,

New warp owner (it's pretty cool!). I'm ordering some extra warp hose, o-rings and other stuff from AGD today, and as long as I'm paying shipping, figure I might as well order any parts that are known to wear or should be replaced on my warp in the same order. Anything specific that I should get?

- Also, what's the best way to attach a foamie to a Level 7 bolt? I have a Level 10, but will be using the Level 7 as a backup.

ChucktheMAGician
01-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Other than the batteries the only other thing I've heard that may wear out is the main drive belt. As for attatching the foamie, I'd use super glue but I'm confused why you would need a back-up bolt? Once LX is in there and working I doubt you'll ever want or need to go back to L7. :)

homis
01-08-2004, 05:45 PM
I know,

But since I have two Level 7 bolt sitting here (and foamies), I might as well put them on. Never know when you (or someone else) might need them :).

cphilip
01-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Jui Viente Dos
Chuck is correct. Stick with LVL 10.

this is indeed jewie and he is permanently banned. And back under a third alias. So his IPs are now banned.

jootooseven
01-09-2004, 02:41 AM
Sure........

lamby
01-09-2004, 08:25 AM
battery clips (buy um at rat shack)
drive belts (the 12 volt mod in mine smokes them in 2 cases) unless you stay with the 9 volt drive in which they last a while (about 12 cases)
other than that, the warp is solid

hitech
01-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by lamby
battery clips (buy um at rat shack)
drive belts (the 12 volt mod in mine smokes them in 2 cases)

Sounds like the belt is slipping. The likely cause is too much friction between the disks and paintballs. The most likely cause of that is the disks are too close for the size paint you are using. You probably need to use a shim to move the disks farther apart. Unless of course you don’t mind replacing belts. ;)

lamby
01-10-2004, 03:57 AM
Never thought of that Hitech..

good idea.

I dont mind replacing belts that much, I found them at home depot for $.18 each so there is no problem carring an extra belt or 10 in the tool box.

I posted a pic for a timing belt drive unit with an adjustable slip clutch a while back, but I am too lazy and cheap to have it prototyped ;)

I see that I made your "quotes" SWEET!!!!!

ScatterPlot
01-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Just to let you know, be VERY gentle on those battery cables! Those things break OFTEN if you're not careful!;)

lamby
01-11-2004, 09:49 AM
yea, about those battery connectors.

THEY SUCK!!!! plain and simple.

WHEN they break (they will break), replace them with a decent clip and GOOD wire (not the crap that AGD went with, or the crap on the connectors from rat shack)

I used some wire that I hade left over from a project that I was working on that used belden 15 conductor 14ga wire. That wire is flexable enough to not snap all the time like the stuff agd went with. Also make sure you strain relief your wires before they go into the board (another thing that AGD over looked) I hade a small hole in the warp casing and knoted the wire. then I hot glued it in place. I have not broke another wire in 1 year. I broke 2 in the first 2 months before that.

Just a little soldering skill and common sence is all you need.

Good Luck

ScatterPlot
01-11-2004, 02:05 PM
At one time when the wires would break other that on the board itself (which only happened once to me) I had like 3 little short patches soldered together at one time!

Joomag
02-04-2004, 01:42 AM
banned? Never heard of such a thing......

ScatterPlot
02-04-2004, 02:17 PM
Huh?