PDA

View Full Version : halo website error: FYI on turnarond time for repairs

Lee
01-08-2004, 02:30 PM
6) Normal service take about one week. We will return your loader via PRIORITY MAIL. Contact us if you need special shipping arrangements back to you.

ain't gonna happen. i called today after tracking the delivery of my halo as being delivered the 6th. i figured with a week turnaround, it would not be unreasonable to check on the progress after they have had it for two days.

i was told that repairs usually are backlogged 3, 4, 5, or 6 weeks. first come first serve. i totally understand first come first serve by the way. it's only right and fair.

i told the gentleman i spoke with that the website stated "turn around usually within one week".
he replied that that is not true and the "guy that does the website refuses to take that off."

this is an fyi for anyone sending in thier halo and expecting fast turnaround after seeing the website.

LeatherPants
01-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Halo has one of the best customer service out there. I've sent numerous Halo's back and they are always great.

This last time I sent back 3 halo. One had a cracked shell. Another had cracked shells, battery cover, missing pieces...I actually sent it to them in pieces..

They got it out as fast as they could an only charged me $40 for everything. They also upgraded the software in the messed up Halo.

Turnaround was maybe 4 weeks when they told me 6.

Brophog
01-08-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm glad for you. Your the very first person I have ever heard say that about Odyssey.

cphilip
01-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Actually... my personal experience with sending one in that had one of the bad motors I documented here long ago and it was quick and friendly. I have heard others that were not so good but also a bunch that were pleased. Overall the customer service is good from what I can see not counting the reports of some slipping through the cracks. Those do exist.

rpm07
01-08-2004, 04:17 PM
You also havr to realize that this is the off season so alot of people sent the loaders in for what ever. I sent mine in to be upgraded and had it back in 2 weeks. They have to tell people long just incase. If they tell people that they will have it back on this date and they run behind people would call and *****. So alot of places will tell you 4 to 6 weeks but most of the time its faster.

Lee
01-08-2004, 06:19 PM
thanks for the input. i ope mine comes back as timely as everyone elses.

my issue is the descrepency between the website and thier actual in person statement and i wanted others to know about it as well so they don't count on thier halo getting back to them as timely as is stated on the web page.

i really like my halo even though i barely got to use it, and i hope that won't be the pattern for the rest of my experience with one.
to me, things that don't work well right out of the box often don't work well in the long run, but thats my experience. i hope it doesn't happen in this case.

seems to me there is a scarcity of good loaders in paintball.

revvys are nice, but the shells suck. i've heard thats fixed, but i've heard that before.

eggs are fast, but fugly and i alos hear thier shells break too.

reloaders are my favorite, but barely faster than a revvy. the shells are good too.

halo was sued by brass eagle for patent infringement and settled. thier motors caught fire. they mis-represent on thier website. i hope my experience is not typical and i realize things fall fall through the cracks...the best of companies have that happen. that doesn't mean the guy in the phone has to be a snot when i follow what is in print on a web page.

leatherpants: it seems to me you've had a lot of trouble with halos. i had lots of trouble with revvys breaking and stopped buying them, went to reloaders or old shelled revvys. thats part of my point.

i'd rather have a product that works. thats why i shoot agd and icd products-they work and both have awesome service and great people at thier booths and on the phone.

thanks for letting me vent. i'm not really that perturbed about it, i have several spare loaders. it's just that i spent a good chunk of walking around money on this and havn't been able to really enjoy it before i had to send it away for repair. i've never in 15 years of playing, had to send anything away for repair except for an air tank, and then i knew they guy that fixes markets and fixes them and the turn around was less than a week.

done ranting!
thanks to all for the input. i do feel better about this now.

Butterfingers
01-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Yeah they lied!

They sent my loader back VIA UPS!!! How dare they!!!!

I wanted the postal service to kick the loader around so I could get an accurate indication of how durable the loader actually was!

In all sereousness I too have experinced a delay they seemed to be backlogged because of zcode updates and spontaneously combusting motors right now. It took about 4 weeks to get mine back.

cphilip
01-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Well I can say that your theory that one out of the box that doesn't work will in the long run not work is not the experience I had with that. I got one of the first batch of bad motors (seems this happened before and maybe is happening again) and this one did work but for only about one time (not in field just messing with it) and then refused to come on. I let Odyssey hear the buzzing over the phone and they said "You got a bad motor send it to us we fix it" and they did. I sent it back and it was like two weeks or maybe 10 days before I recieved it back. I, and now another of my local paintball guys (who now owns it) have never had another problem with that loader. So its not really a given fact in my experience. I now have owned four of these Halos personaly and only had that one with a problem. I still have the two others and have had them for over a year. And this one I sent back I sold to a local guy (he wanted clear) and he continues to use it and I see him from time to time. The other clear one I sold to a guy up in Virgina and he still uses it without problem.

However I will say that when they work I am not one to send something like that back for an update. Never have. If its working I just use it. If it was to break I would upgrade it then. And only then. I have one Halo SE and one TE at this point. the other two were SE's.

Although I have heard of a few reports of them not working after getting them back from being upgraded or repaired. I have seen two reports of that kind of thing. But its just not happened to me

And one that BlackVCG had the chip was not soldiered in right. I am not certain what he did about that one. '

Some people have a good deal of issues with these from time to time. But then seems like others do not. I dunno why.

The time they shipped my one back they used USPS Priority. When I was ordering larger batches (20 at a time) they came UPS.

cris8762
01-08-2004, 10:32 PM
My local field/team has had 5-6 halos at Odyssey for multiple problems, one guy had the board literally melt in his hopper.....

Odyssey has had their halos SINCE 'CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magking1971
01-08-2004, 10:50 PM
I have a halo A and the thing is still going strong.

Squirrel Bate
01-09-2004, 08:03 AM
The shell on my halo b just slowly desinagrated from the battery cap to the feed neek. I dropped it off at the ups store on a saturday ( figuring that it would not go out until monday because ups does not deliver on the weekends unless its over night delivery). I also sent it 2 day air for $12.50, i needed it back ASAP. They upgraded to the z-code, rip valve and a new shell, $40.00. Well on teusday the tech call me saying my halo b has been fix and needed a method of payment. I upgraded to 2 air and my halo was back by friday. As far as I'm concerned this is the best tech support around. by the way this was the week before christmas week. Keep in mind the ground shipping can sometimes take a week one way. Just my experience, I know other may differ.

-=Squid=-
01-09-2004, 10:32 AM
I Sent my halo to them, and the day they got it they fixed it and sent it back. I Sent it and received it within a week.