PDA

View Full Version : Help! Classic Automag Shoots Twice for Each Trigger Pull

back2integrity
01-08-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm home on Christmas break and working on my brother's classic automag (with a minimag body). When I pull the trigger, it shoots, and when I let go of the trigger it shoots again. Every once in a while, the trigger rod doesn't even spring back into place.
Since it is not my gun, I don't know what all he has done to it, and neither does he really. I've checked it out and everything looks good to me (o-rings, sear, on/off). One thing that is a little odd is that the sear and sear pin are stuck in the rail, and I cannot pull them out. Could this be causing a problem too? Thanks for any help possible. I havn't owned a classic mag in a long time and I might be forgetting something.

Havoc_online
01-08-2004, 03:57 PM
check trigger rod length to be 1.98"

back2integrity
01-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Checked trigger rod length. Seems good. Still having problems. Thanks for the help though!

Crighton
01-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Usually thats caused by a worn out main spring. Take the bolt out. The spring when on the bolt should come past the tip of the bolt by about a full coil of the spring.

If the top of the spring is level with the bolt tip its past time to replace it.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101911

back2integrity
01-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Thanks Crighton, you were right. I really appreciate your help. The main spring just needed to be changed. Thanks again, I was starting to get frustrated.

Crighton
01-08-2004, 06:09 PM
No problem glad I could help.