PDA

View Full Version : could i mill out my classic valve to make it high of flow as an x valve?

nogutsnoglory99
01-08-2004, 04:41 PM
could i probly mill out diff areas of my classic valve so there is more flow so im gettin more like an x valve

can this be done im really excited on the idea lmk

ohh yah post and ideas and schematics on where to

Dayspring
01-08-2004, 04:48 PM
The reason the Xvalve recharges more quickly is b/c of how they routed the air flow. Not something you can change.

On a classic valve, the on/off pin gets regulated air hitting it. 450psi

On a Xvalve, the on/off pin gets full tank output pressure. 800psi+

That's why it works so quickly. So the answer is, no.

nerobro
01-08-2004, 05:35 PM
That's not to say you couldn't try ;-) Now, after signifigant research, AGD found that the restriction in the AIR valve was the ON/OFF. So, that's where you need to start working. AGD overcame that restriction by dumping input pressure at the top of the on/off.

Any ideas you come up with... well deep blue is there for a reason!

nogutsnoglory99
01-29-2004, 02:58 AM
anyone got a classic valve for like 10-30$ i could work with

Butterfingers
01-29-2004, 09:03 PM
a classic valve will never flow as well as an RT type valve. It is a completely diffrent design.

AGD actually got rid of this problem by dumping imput pressure THROUGH the reg piston bypassing the on/off top... When the chamber was full the it kicked back the reg piston shutting flow off intantaneously as well as roouting air to the on/off top to provide trigger return.

nogutsnoglory99
01-30-2004, 12:58 AM
im not going for rt dummy just HIGH flow yah dum dum

Dayspring
01-30-2004, 01:09 AM
Don't quite get the whole "NO" concept do we?

FooTemps
01-30-2004, 01:13 AM
lol, Butters a dum dum? My friend, you are so sadly mistaken.

The RT valve is as high flow as it gets. If you want to make a high flow valve, you basically want ot make an RT style valve. The Reative trigger was actually just a side effect of the high flow and fast recharge rate. My friend, once you achieve "high flow" you will essentially have an RT style valve.

hitech
01-30-2004, 05:41 PM
If you want to try something, try making a new on/off assy. with a much larger diameter on/off pin. You will need to make it a RT "style" pin or the trigger pull weight is going to drastically increase.

nogutsnoglory99
01-31-2004, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Don't quite get the whole "NO" concept do we?
you fuucker

Miscue
01-31-2004, 04:35 AM
You're gone.