PDA

View Full Version : LVL 10 need help getting it to work!

spectra260
01-08-2004, 08:02 PM
I just got my lvl10 and installed it on my classic rt with the 2ring carrier and first tryed the longist spring. It would cock but when I pulled the trigger it would not shoot. I read in the instructions that if that happend to turn up the velocity so I did. I turned it up then it leaked out the back of the gun. I then tryed the medium spring and got the same results. The smallest spring would shoot but leaked out the back a little and the front.

How do I fix this? Also it says the smallest spring will shoot upto 250fps but im going to need 290.

Please help, thanks

spectra260
01-08-2004, 09:02 PM
some people said in ao chat that its my reg piston and I need the newer one that can work with the higher pressure for lvl 10. Thats gonna cost anothe 20 bucks though.

Also I askd the guy could I go back to my old bolt and will it work and he said yes but I had a problem before this. My gun would starv and the bolt would get stuck so instead of buying a new spacer kit and stuff to fix it I thought I just buy the lvl 10 whitch will replace all that stuff with its own spacers/carriers. The guy told me it was starving because my tank so I told him I have a flatline 68 3k and I also tested it on my other preset tank and it still did it. He said if my gun is starving with a flatline then theres something else mortally wounded on the gun. Could that be true and how could I find out what it is?

Im thinking about sending it in to AGD but it will cost 45 bucks. I think I should first try getting a new reg piston and if that doesnt work then i'll send it in.

abarnhar
01-08-2004, 09:13 PM
replied to your PBN thread (again)

ChucktheMAGician
01-08-2004, 09:38 PM
You haven't mentioned trying the next larger carrier. I'd try that, well I'd actually try oiling the powertube o-ring first, and if that doesn't get the bolt moving, try the next larger carrier.

spectra260
01-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Yeah just saw your reply on pbnation :p Ill just paste what I said there here.

If you were starving before you put the LX in, you probably should have mentioned that. I had a starvation problem once also. Mine was a bad inline filter that wasn't allowing the gun to recharge quick enough.

Check your flatline out. Empty it and make sure that it's properly lubricated and orings are in good shape. If it's not cycling quickly enough, you'll continually starve the gun after the first shot.

I would fix your starvation problem with your original bolt and then worry about the LX.

Yeah I proble should have but I made previous threads about my old problem and they all said to get new spacer and powertube oring. I figured instead of spending money on that stuff I rather spend a bit more and get the lvl 10 whitch has a new spacer/carriers and orings with it and it would fix my problem plus stop ball chopping.

Ive tryed other tanks besides my flatline and got the same result but maybe the inline on the gun or somthing is messed up. Ill check that.

spectra260
01-08-2004, 10:15 PM
I just tryed the largist spring and a 3ring carrier this time instead of 2 and the gun just leaks down barral now. When I shoot it it just acts as if its out of breath or coughing when I pull the trigger.

ChucktheMAGician
01-08-2004, 10:19 PM
You went up 2 carrier sizes. Try 2.5, 2 rings and dots.

spectra260
01-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Ok I guess I had the wrong carrier the whole time but my problem isint solved. I was useing the 2.5 and I just tryed the 2ring and turned the velocity up a bit and it didint leak thru the barral but it did a little in the back of the gun. I also couldint rapid fire because it would starv for air when I did. I guess it is the reg piston then sinse it keeps leaking from the back.

If I sent it into agd and paid the 45 bucks would they replace the reg piston free or add an additional 20 bucks for it?

abarnhar
01-08-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm fairly sure they would charge you labor ($45) and parts. BUT, I would call AGD and ask them about your valve. Check out the serial with them and they might give you one free rebuild. Then you would only be out the cost of the parts. :D

Good luck man, keep working on it!