PDA

View Full Version : name that part....

Jherndo
01-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Yah for stupid questions. My friend foolishly bought a tank off ebay, fills fine but it is going to need a new end cap. I've got a scuba store that will replace it for 10 bux but my internet searches for the specific part have come up with nothing, and i suspect that I am just searching for the wrong thing.

In any event I'm needing the name of the part of a compressed air tank that screws into the gun, it would include the thread and the guage. I know they make them seperate becuse you can buy a tank without one... Thanks for any help, and i pray you know what im talking about.

Mindflux
01-08-2004, 11:30 PM
that's usually the regulator .. threaded, gauged.. mounted on tank.

yeah
regulator.

LittlePaintballBoy
01-08-2004, 11:31 PM
The part you speak of is actually the regulator:)

Kevmaster
01-08-2004, 11:53 PM
10 bucks is an awfully cheap reg, if tats what it is, but if thats it, by all means, take theirs!

RobAGD
01-09-2004, 01:04 AM
I think the $10 is teh charge to change it not including the new reg.

Youcan pick up PMI regs or Hyperflow for about $75 for 3k and 100 ish for 4500. Match the reg to your bottle and there are 2 type of threads used in paintball for regulators. One is I belive 5/8ths and the other is 3/4 but dont hold me to that.

-Robert

GT
01-09-2004, 12:24 PM
u sure its not a co2 tank>?

Jherndo
01-09-2004, 01:00 PM
yea im sure its not a c02 tank... in any event we still couldnt find any decent prices online so he bucked up and paied the 50 the warped sportz store. Its almost like the paintball stores online dont want you doing uncertified work on your air tank. =) The guy at the counter says it was a regulator but other parts go under that name as well so its hard to find them and not alot of people sell them online due to the possibility of tanks being worked on out of hydro and such. Thanks for your help guys, i must be going... its going to be 45F out tomorrow which means i need go find my camo.