PDA

View Full Version : Questions about bolts and sears

freakyt
09-09-2001, 10:37 AM
I have a couple of qustions about mag bolts.

1 - What is the diff between an RT fomieless bolt and a regular AIR fomieless bolt (that's what came on my classic)

2 - Is that ANS Venturi bolt all it's cracked up to be?

3 - Is there anyway I can get a sear for a retro'ed mag for less than $50 from AGD?

Thanks for your time, awsome resource for Mags here, one more reason to shoot a mag. :D

GOREHAMMER
09-09-2001, 12:59 PM
i had an ans venturi bolt in my rt, and the pin thats inside the bolt came loose and and was causing bolt stick (i wonder why) when i took the bolt out the pin fell right out. cant say for sure that the stock bolt would have held up any better though under the conditions.

BlackVCG
09-09-2001, 01:38 PM
The foamie bolt has a black piece of rubber in place of the three way metal piece on the front of the bolt. I'll take a pic of the two side by side and post it.

The ANS bolt is a piece of garbage. They wear out fast and can break like GOREHAMMER's bolt. They provide no benefits to the gun and are more expensive than a foamie bolt from AGD.

You can get a sear for a RetroMag for $15. Just call AGD and order the standard Automag sear. The RT sear has the roller bearing and can only be used on the smaller diameter sear axle pin found in the RT-Pro, E-Mag and RT.

mykroft
09-09-2001, 06:44 PM
There is no difference between the RT foamieless bolt and the standard one. If you want to upgrade your bolt get the AGD Long-nose bolt that came out last year.

ANS bolt is too soft. It'll get chewed up fairly quickly.

Maui PFB
09-09-2001, 07:23 PM
The bolt debate could go on forever. M-a-s-sdriver swears by his ans. But I think that Agd foamyless bolt is the best. It has always performed outstanding.[QUOTE]

freakyt
09-09-2001, 07:24 PM
So... Just to re-affirm, the standard Automag sear and fomiless bolt (the same ones that come on a stock classic mag AIR valve) are the ones you get with the retro valve. Is this correct?

cphilip
09-10-2001, 07:38 AM
Yes!

freakyt
09-10-2001, 09:11 AM
So, why does the sear in the RT have bearning in it and cost $50.

Is the sear in the regular automag tough enough to handle the RT valve well?

cphilip
09-10-2001, 09:14 AM
Sure it holds up pretty well. Seems too. You do not have the type of Rail to install the Roller bearing sear into anyway. The Rt's do and so does the Emag. But lets say it needs to be replaced a little more often. Then $15 is a lot better than $50 right?

Mattyblaze
09-10-2001, 11:05 AM
get the long nose bolt from AGD
best one out there

freakyt
09-10-2001, 11:47 AM
Awsome advice you guys.

One more. What is the long nosed bolt

why is it better

why isn't it std. equipment with the classic mags?

How much is it? Do I have to know someone at AGD to get one?

Mattyblaze
09-10-2001, 12:30 PM
it is better becuase it minamizes blowback so it'll do a lot for your gun
it's about 20 and you can order it from AGD.
increases cycle rate of paintballs without chopping

cphilip
09-10-2001, 01:35 PM
why isn't it std. equipment with the classic mags?

It is now. On all Mags

How much is it? Do I have to know someone at AGD to get one?

$35 from AGD. Just call and have your serial number handy.