PDA

View Full Version : Warp color question

abarnhar
01-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Alright, I have a fugly orange warp (bought it used). I'm thinking about applying the RIT dye to it, but need some help with coloring. I'm really bad with colors for some reason.

If I put green RIT with the orange shells, is it going to turn black? Green is the complimentary (opposite) color of orange, so I think it should be the easiest way to go black

If I put black with the orange, I'm afraid that I'll just end up darkening the orange into a truly hideous color.

rpm07
01-09-2004, 03:52 PM
I would think black dye would be a esey way to get to black. Mixing green with orange will give you brown.

Chojin Man
01-09-2004, 05:45 PM
I would also try the black.
Aren't the orange ones a rare color? I thought that they didn't make very many of them. If that is true you might want to keep them the original color.

Creative Mayhem
01-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Keep the orange warp, and color your gun!!! If you have a mag, then FYI, there are very few orange mags. I think i have only seen one, maybe two period!

If you must dye them use black dye.

abarnhar
01-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Oh heck, didn't know I was getting a collector's item. Now I feel bad about coloring it. I'll look/make a cover for it instead of dyeing it. Or maybe just get a couple of replacement shells and keep the orange ones around.

An orange mag would be really cool. I've been planning on building a backup, maybe I'll take it in that direction. I really don't want to disturb the color of my RT with the amount of woods I play.

PsychoBaller
01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
I have an orange and Wine colored warps.

The Wine is definately red, and the orange is def. orange. Originally i thought I had an old red one that just got faded with time, heh..

Anyways... the Wine is an AGD Warp, the Orange is a Proteam Products Warp (PTP).

-baller