PDA

View Full Version : I need a CAR

mag_pbg
09-09-2001, 11:21 AM
I need a car so bad im 15 in a half and my perents won't buy me one becasue they say i can't drive it anywhree, which is true beucuse to get my restricted lisence i need drivers ed and I couldn't get sighned up for it and when i do get the chance to i will be 16 and to old for it!!!!!!! But the reason i need a car is becasue i can say i have one all of my freinds have a car most are peices but at least they have one to say they do!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Miscue
09-09-2001, 01:37 PM
Don't worry too much about it. I didn't get a license until I was 18. Not because I couldn't get a car, but because I didn't care enough to pursue getting it.

Unless you can't easily get where you need to go when you need to, it's not a big deal. After you finally do get to drive, you'll realize how much it sucks having to do... although it has it's perks.

-Xugg-
09-09-2001, 02:10 PM
ive been working at petsmart since last summer to pay for my mustang :cool:

-Jôker-
09-09-2001, 02:32 PM
... i wanna mustang!!!:) :) :) :)

Ant
09-09-2001, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Miscue
[B]Don't worry too much about it. I didn't get a license until I was 18. Not because I couldn't get a car, but because I didn't care enough to pursue getting it.

I'm with Miscue on this one, but now that i'm 18/started college i need it with my weird schedule.

Ant
09-09-2001, 03:06 PM
sorry about messin up teh quote, it was my first time tryin to use the quote thingy

shartley
09-09-2001, 06:55 PM
LOL I scanned over the posts again and "I need a CAB" was what I read. Funny how it is more fitting. ;)

MagMan5446
09-09-2001, 08:57 PM
Heheh. I'll have a car in about 6 months but I'll have the engine in 3. I'm 14.

'64 chevelle....primered and stripped down body.

468cubic inchs of pure american muscle...and of course, the signature sound, flowmasters.

EnW
09-09-2001, 10:33 PM
XUGG...what kind mustang do you have?
I am on my 4th....two 90 gt's....1 89gt....and currently an 88 gt convert.

hobbes
09-10-2001, 12:14 AM
Im 15 also. I had a phase were all i wnated was my license. Then I looked at it: I could work twice as hard at work, get a decent car, and resort to beingb roke 24/7, paintball like once every 2 months, and a 2 skateboards every year, and I would have to kiss my Korg EA-1, ES-1, ER-1, and Kaoss pad that i plan to buy ina few months goodbye. Then I looked at it if I dont have one: most of my friedn drive/will be driving in a few months. I can buy/have great stuff for the things i love. I can play pball every week or two. I can upgrade my mag more, I can buy tons of clothes so I look less ugly, lol, and I canhave a lot of spending money. And if I cant get a ride there, ride the bus there, or walk/skate there. I can always fork over a few bucks for the cab. But thats just me. Its just not an important thing in my life at this moment
-Nick

jah871
09-10-2001, 07:58 PM
speaking of mustangs my dad showed me this one in some magazine and it was like a custom mustang from this company that speacializes in them. it was a a saleen cobra and that thing was sweet it was like 1200 horsepower and all these upgrades on it. they sell them for like 80 grand used.

MagMan5446
09-10-2001, 08:24 PM
Saleen Cobra? Isn't there a Saleen mustang and a Cobra mustang? And aren't they made by 2 different companies?

FeelTheRT
09-10-2001, 08:54 PM
i was considering selling some of my paintball stuff, but then one of my uncles said he would give me a Toyota Camery. It's an old model, early 90s i think but hey, better than nothing!

Sandmankc
09-12-2001, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by MagMan5446
Saleen Cobra? Isn't there a Saleen mustang and a Cobra mustang? And aren't they made by 2 different companies?

No the Cobra is just another model of mustang. Saleen is a tuner that upgrades any of the mustangs, including the GT and Cobra.

Shaun

PyRo
09-12-2001, 10:38 AM
Hmm, why do you have to be 16 to take drivers ed?
My school doesn't offer it, we have to pay for it :(

cphilip
09-12-2001, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Sandmankc

No the Cobra is just another model of mustang.
Shaun

True but to be a bit more precise its now the Special Vehicle Team (SVT) that makes the Cobra model. They make the F-150 Lightning too. Fords SV team that is. Saleen is a out sourced upgraded unit but a bit more styling than tuning (but some of that for sure)and the SVT Cobra is mostly under the hood stuff and suspension tuning with little in the way of styling touches.

Ityl
09-16-2001, 06:30 PM
Saleen, SVT, Cobra, it's still a ford :) I'm a chevy guy, but I can respect fords.

Best vehicles to get are american made 4 door cars or small pickups. Cheapest to insure. I just got a '96 S-10 with the 4.3 and 5 speed, it's awesome. My other car was a '87 Cutlass Salon, power everything, t tops, but it had the stupid buick v6 :( and the exhaust was plugged so it went nowhere, but was a really nice car, but expensive to insure.

I'm already looking at upgrading my truck: lowering, ground effects, lights, bunch of stuff. It's easier to afford that stuff when not playing paintball :) I like fixing and upgrading the guns more anyways. Right now it's intellifeed on an impulse.

mag_pbg
09-17-2001, 05:45 AM
Pyro, I don't have to be 16 you can be 15 also but I missed my chance of drivers ed this year (when Im 15) so I have to take it next summer when im 16 or take the drivers test at the DMV which I don't want to do:(

XspyX
09-18-2001, 06:16 PM
Kool-aid is cool