PDA

View Full Version : gas leak?

SHOCKandAWE
01-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Well I just got a automag yesterday and gased it up. Well it ran amazingly smooth for around 30-40 shots then the sear didn't return to it's normal position thus making the gun unable to shoot. So, I took it apart and fixed the sear and when I gased it up again it was leaking through the asa or expansion chamber elbows and I can't figure out what the problem is. Can someone help me?

Chojin Man
01-09-2004, 07:06 PM
sounds like you need to put some locktite(the blue NOT the red. RED locktite is the devil!! remember that always!)or some teflon tape on the asa threads to keep them from leaking.

Branchvillian
01-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Or you could just use teflon tape, that's probably more convenient than finding loctite...unless you already have some.

Joni
01-09-2004, 11:02 PM
You cant just say blue or red...there are many different loctites. Loctite is a company that makes different kind of glues, some of which are impossible to get apart once they harden...you dont want that. I use A red loctite, sorry cant remember the number of it, and it works fine. There are other kinds that will screw everything up. If you want to I can find out the number to the loctite I'm using.

SHOCKandAWE
01-10-2004, 06:39 PM
well I tought I fixed it but when I gased it up the macroline shot off the gun like a dart. How do I fix that?

ChucktheMAGician
01-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by SHOCKandAWE
well I tought I fixed it but when I gased it up the macroline shot off the gun like a dart. How do I fix that? Use SS lines;)

SHOCKandAWE
01-10-2004, 07:09 PM
wut are ss lines? nvm scratch that I'm really tired and can't think straight cuz I just got back from playin paintball (with someone else's gun though):(