PDA

View Full Version : dye makes the most AMAZING stuff!!!

slushee
01-10-2004, 03:34 AM
So i've owned the Dye '04 core jersey for a few day's and wore it to work tonight .. but when I got home I put on my new freak to check it out then shouldered my marker (which just so happens to have a dye tank cover) .. MAN! WoW :eek:

The tank cover has that big rubber thing on the back and the jersey has rubber "tacks" on the shoulders .. it feels like my tank is "attached" to my jersey! ...

I have never felt something so perfect in all of my life .. cept for maby sex. Not sure, but this jersey might beat sex ;)

Anyhow .. it's 4am .. it's amazing what sleep deprivation will do to you

deathstalker
01-10-2004, 04:12 AM
It's too bad they can't make a squeegee to save their arses. I've owned two DYE "battleswap" style squeegees and both came apart in the barrel on the first use.

PsychoBaller
01-10-2004, 05:00 AM
I have an inkling that you being up in Canada, up past 4am are a cuprit of the Insomnia Living Lifestyle.

I am definately an AO Insomniac... i should pull up a mad old thread about all the AO insomniacs... didnt have enough interest to start a club, lol, but we should... its bout 4:57am ish in New Jersey.... mad insomnia times my life has me running... but i enjoy it.

I have definately noticed that TK and some other prominent figures in the AO community are up at mad late hours of the night, exceeding 3-5am even... the brain works in mysterious ways in the wee hrs of the night...

-da "mad anti-sleep" baller

PsychoBaller
01-10-2004, 05:05 AM
Oh yah, im sometimes an idiot...

I have a Team Dye 03 Jersey and a Dye 03 Rhino Cover on my 68/45 Flatline... the beads on the jersey and the skids on the cover almost create a perfect connection to each other so that my tank is unmovable from whatever perfect posistion i put it in during games. I tried the JT 03 cover for awhile... but the fin kinda was not to my liking.

Either way... i might actually be looking into a DM4... or until i get one in my hands to try it out.

-baller

ChucktheMAGician
01-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by slushee
...... Not sure, but this jersey might beat sex ;)......
Sorry, but your not doing somehting right:rolleyes: ;) :D

GT
01-10-2004, 10:42 AM
dam it better be good for almost 30 bucks!

I like my AO tank cover just fine...

skife
01-10-2004, 12:41 PM
tried the JT 03 cover for awhile... but the fin kinda was not to my liking.

But you get great aerodynamics when running at 70mph with the fin, how could you pass it up?!

DementedRabbit
01-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Aww, DYE jerseys :)

Don't cry when someone has to shoot you 10+ times to get a break!

50 cal
01-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by DementedRabbit

Exactly, I call 'em cheater jerseys. I had to shoot a guy in the shoulder area almost 15 times to get a break. It was the only spot showing and the stupid padding in that spot caused bounces like crazy.
He complained to the ref about being over shot. The ref said 1 break is all I see. Quit whining if you wear that jersey.

I personally think they shouldn't be tournament legal.

slushee
01-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by DementedRabbit

I haven't actually played in it yet, but I'm confident then if I trip and fall on the floor, it'll be like landing in a pile of soft cushy pillows :D

AcemanPB
01-10-2004, 06:03 PM
I think all alot of DYE's stuff bends the rules.

- Their jerseys are very padded and I get alot of bounces with them
- Same goes for their elbow and knee pads
- The visor on the invison is kind of oily and soft when brand new, often times I will have paint break on my visor but it leaves no trace
- The front mouth and cheek area of the invison is very vented, a direct shot to this area will leave almost no trace because all the paint and shell will go through the vents (and into your mouth :) )
- Their pants are very baggy which catch balls, and their newer C4 pants are plenty padded
- Hell even their tank covers have plenty of padding (never got a bounce of a tank hit though)

I'm surprised they don't make their guns out of pillows :D

tony3
01-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Off the break with my dye proto I put my arm in from of my lenses, i get so many bounces off them that could of been goggle hits, and yes I have been shot in my invisions and not been pulled because of the angled vents. My friend has hybirds, his leg was sticking out and nothing would break on them I shot like 10 balls at him and none broke

Dye is crazy

SpecialBlend2786
01-10-2004, 06:19 PM
oooo i love dye stuff. haha, even the barrel sock has padding on it.

nastymag
01-10-2004, 09:47 PM
i love everything they have made cept for three things

Dye Detent for angels is the worse Detent i have ever seen.

their inline regs arent worth the metal they are made out of.

and their prices.

Sparq
01-10-2004, 09:50 PM
I'm pretty impressed with their new kneepads...for someone with skinny long chicken legs that nothing fits properly, they fit quite well, and are oh so soft :D

GT
01-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Sparq
I'm pretty impressed with their new kneepads...for someone with skinny long chicken legs that nothing fits properly, they fit quite well, and are oh so soft :D

I have a pair to. Oh so nice and tight:D