PDA

View Full Version : who uses Doc's Mag-to-Cocker thread adapters?

slushee
01-10-2004, 03:41 AM
It's 4am and I'm kinda bored ..

Just curious what everyone else thinks?

I am using Docs Cocker Thread adapter with my new freak so that I can upgrade to a ULE body when I finally pay off the Freak and Hyperframe.

I find that amount of SS actually increases the weight a bit towards the front but when you slap on the warp and fill 'er up with paint .. it all kinda balances out.

Anyone else using this new-fangled invention?

slushee
01-10-2004, 04:11 PM
hmmm .. apparently NO one is using these things eh?

shartley
01-10-2004, 04:18 PM
I am not at this point, but am seriously thinking about getting one. If I get one before you do, I will let you know what I think.

temps
01-10-2004, 05:16 PM
I'm thinking about getting one, I want to know how the ball detents in it work? are they good? any double feeding problems with them?

punkncat
01-10-2004, 06:32 PM
I saw that on Warpig last night myself and was curious about it.
What I wonder is whether it protrudes from the body of the marker up front?
Seems like an idea way past time to come around.
Guy has some nice prices on cocker bodies too.....

Carbon
01-10-2004, 08:31 PM
Docs Barrel adapter (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86841&highlight=barrel+adapter)

word.

slushee
01-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Oh i'm using the adapter shartley (sp?) .. and you dont' see the adapter at all .. it comes right up to about a 1/4" of the body tube so you don't see the adapter and when you screw in the barrel it fits great. The detents are spyder nubbins .. to replace you have to remove the adapter ... i haven't shot paint through it but they seem cool ...

i'm more into the freak i put into it *drool*

Smoking Nun
01-10-2004, 09:05 PM
I have one and am using one. It works fabulously. it doesn't stick out of the body. You do have to do some minor marker disassembly to get it in there (taking out the twist lock pin). But, it is very stable, barrels don't wobble at all. It adds some weight to most marker set-ups since the adaptor is SS. However, that would really depend on what type of mag barrel you would be using. It also adds length to your barrel length (maybe 2-3 inches).

But, very high quality. Works very well.

Nun

greg
01-10-2004, 09:28 PM
does doc nickel like have his own store or somethin?

slushee
01-10-2004, 09:44 PM
http://www.docsmachine.com/

Severe
01-10-2004, 11:06 PM
I picked one up for myself for Christmas. I had a couple of 'cocker barrels laying around and wanted to put them to use.

I honestly can't say enough good things about this adapter! Yes, it add's a bit of weight, but as a classic mag shooter, I'm hardly concerned about that. The weight is equivalent to about $3-4 in quarters. So it's not horrible.

I've found that if I put a small piece of masking tape and the front and the back of the it, it really locks in place. My barrels have absolutely no play in them now.

When mounted it's face is recessed into the body about a 1/4". So the barrels sit a bit back.

I've played two full days on it so far with no complaints. My level 10 works flawlessly with it and it bore matches up with my barrels exceptionally well! (Using a SP AA 14" and a J&J 14" Ceramic).

Hope that helps ya!

Steve

slushee
01-11-2004, 01:26 AM
yeah .. i used an automag barrel oring around the cocker threads so that itpicked up the play .. and I LOVE this thing ... *bows down to Doc*

.. I'm sure you get a lot of that Doc

shartley
01-11-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by slushee
Oh i'm using the adapter shartley (sp?) .. and you dont' see the adapter at all .. it comes right up to about a 1/4" of the body tube so you don't see the adapter and when you screw in the barrel it fits great. The detents are spyder nubbins .. to replace you have to remove the adapter ... i haven't shot paint through it but they seem cool ...

i'm more into the freak i put into it *drool*
LOL Oh, sorry. Well, you actually helped answer other folks’ questions and some of what I was wondering myself. Thanks. :)