PDA

View Full Version : on/off assembly problems?

MisterJiggyFly
01-10-2004, 01:14 PM
I purchased the e-mag in my sig below used. On my first day of play, there was a small but constant leak (couldn't tell where it was from, somewhere in the valve) that would only stop when I pulled the trigger back in mechanical mode. While cleaning later that day I noticed that the o-rings were bone dry, so I assumed a lack of oil was causing the leak.

Yesterday, I was gassing up my gun to see if there were any problems, and just after it cocked I lost several hundred psi (the rest of my tank). So I broke apart my valve again, and checked all of the orings. This is where my question comes in.

My on/off pin is .75" long. There were also dual o-rings on the on/off top that pussed the on/off bottom above the rest of the front valve body (required me to use a screw driver to depress the on/off assembly to install my valve). I took off the larger o-ring, and left the smaller one on the top, thinking that because it's an x-valve it should have a single o-ring.

So, because it was originally a PTP e-mag with an e-mag valve, and later changed to an x-valve, should my on/off pin be a different length (now .75") and should I have dual o-rings on the on/off top. I'm pretty sure one of these two things is causing the leak, all of the other o-rings were clean, oily, and white and every other piece was in order.

Thanks for any help!

MisterJiggyFly
01-10-2004, 11:58 PM
Anyone?

Dayspring
01-11-2004, 12:23 AM
You need to switch the on/off assembly & pin from the Emag valve and make sure that the white oring and black quad oring are inside the Xvalve that you put into the gun.

MisterJiggyFly
01-11-2004, 09:09 AM
So, I need one of these (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=233&CATID=6), along with a standard o-ring. Will the standard o-ring fit inside of the quad, or should it wrap around the outside? Remember I there were two in my x-valve.

And, for the on/off pin. Mine was .750", where as regular e-mags' are .712". Do PTP e-mags have the same tolerances as regular e-mags? Because I know if you switch valves in an e-mag, you keep the original on/off assembly.

athomas
01-12-2004, 12:06 PM
PTP emags use a .675" pin. If you switch valves, use the original on/off assembly.

The quad o-ring is the little o-ring on the top of the on/off assembly. It fits inside a larger urethane o-ring.