PDA

View Full Version : Leak out of the regulator nut

Plazmic
01-10-2004, 04:40 PM
I seem to have a strong leak out of the regulator nut on the back of my 68 classic. Can someone give me an idea how to correct this? Am I maybe missing an O-ring or something? This is a used gun that I have yet to fire, so it's possible a part is missing or something. Thanks!

purplemag
01-10-2004, 06:33 PM
velocity is probably just turned up too high. Turn it counterclockwise to lower the pressure and then it should stop leaking. If not, might want to check the regulator seat inside the valve.

Plazmic
01-10-2004, 07:08 PM
That was it exactly. Thanks!

purplemag
01-10-2004, 11:32 PM
No problem, easy fix!!!

Plazmic
01-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Hey, would you recommend I buy an Automag composite double trigger frame? I have a benchmark single trigger on there, now.

purplemag
01-11-2004, 12:23 AM
That is really a personal preference. I had always shot old school with the single trigger until a couple years ago when one of my guns came with the double. I feel it balances out a little better, and you can kinda choose which finger and where on the trigger you want to fire the mag. But especially with an electronic gun, in able to walk the gun at all you have to have the double. Like I said all personal preference, find a buddy or someone at your field with a double trigger and ask them to actually shoot some paint with it (make sure to provide your own paint or replace what you shoot). That is the only way you will know which trigger to get.

Plazmic
01-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Hmmm...
Well, I don't know a single other person with a MAg, unfortunately. All the guys I know play Spyders and Piranhas. WE generally play woodsball, so we have little contact with the big fields. I do prefer the double trigger on my Piranha Pro, so I think I'll go ahead and do it.

abunkerer
01-13-2004, 08:18 PM
if your are going to get a double trigger look into the AGD intelliframes and the Y grips. AGD products are the best!

prediction > your friends will soon be mag owners or they will quit playing with you.

Plazmic
01-13-2004, 11:56 PM
I can't even come close to affording an intelliframe for a couple of months. Things are tight right now.
I did nearly win the night tonight, though. I lost on the last round to the best player we have. He's the other Piranha Pro player, and damned if he isn't a friggin sniper with that thing!
I'll tell you what, though. After tonight, I have decided to move to my Mag as my main marker. It's so quiet and so accurate! And I'm just using a 5 year old stock barrel on it right now, too!