PDA

View Full Version : Tech Question for Deep Blue..

Cardinal_Biggles
09-09-2001, 02:03 PM
Yesterday, I had a discussion with my brother (Who owns a cocker) about the effects of low pressure on a paintball while travelling down the barrel, and beyond it. His argument is that 280 fps is 280 fps and that there's no difference acted upon the ball. It's a very logical argument, however, I figured that since low pressure generally meant you use high volume to compensate, there would be a different KIND of pressure behind the ball. There would be a larger volume of air to push it, but less force to the air behind, thusly causing the low pressure air to disperse differently after having left the barrel than high pres. air. I hope this makes some kind of sense to you guys:) . I was just wondering if there was anything to this argument, or it completely off??

Flymonkey53
09-09-2001, 02:14 PM
i think its the same pressure on the ball but it depends on your barrel and the proting on it. air escapes through the porting ond lowers pressure on the ball so it would take more air to propel the ball at the right speed

Cardinal_Biggles
09-09-2001, 02:33 PM
Yes, but assuming both guns had the same barrel, under the same conditions, except that one was set up for low pressure, and one wasn't, what effect would the use of volume rather than pressure have on the ball? Thanks for the input. I'm eager to hear what people have to say about this.

Cha0tic
09-09-2001, 04:13 PM
in a low pressure setup, you have a lower pressure with a high volumme of air. in a high pressure setup, there is a high pressure of lower volume air. they basicly cancel each other out. people have done tests on the effects of low pressure setups and the only difference/advantage is that you can't chop when the pressure is very low.

Cardinal_Biggles
09-10-2001, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry to drag this on, but something is really bothering me about this concept:confused: .
If the lower pressure makes it so it doesn't chop, doesn't tha t tell us a property of the lp?
That it's softer and therefore slower? So then in a 'gun using the same pressure to propel the ball, as that used to close the bolt on the ball, wouldn't it propel the ball slower too, giving you lower velocity? And wouldn't the valve have to be open (and the bolt to be in firing position) for a longer period of time? Again, I could be making a complete idiot out of myself, but i think there's something there...

Cha0tic
09-11-2001, 09:50 AM
like i said before, the higher volume of the lower pressure is the same as hiaving a low volume of higher pressure.