PDA

View Full Version : Intellifeed To Revvy, I Need Help!

captain stabbin
01-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Hi, you all have been great in helping me with my mag problems, since i am the new, proud owner if a pretty ule mag. For some reason i can't download the AGD manual on how to connect my intelliframe to my revvy, so can anyone explain it to me>!! Or does anyone have a link to a page where there are illustrations with descriptions. Please leave me a list of materials i need, so i can go to radio shack and pick up what it is i need. Get back to me guys, thanks a ton.

nate2k191
01-10-2004, 09:24 PM
http://www.radioshack.com/images/ProductCatalog/ProductImage/275/275-017.jpg

roller switch

http://www.radioshack.com/images/ProductCatalog/ProductImage/33/33-176.jpg

earphone extension cord

http://www.radioshack.com/images/ProductCatalog/ProductImage/64/64-3010.jpg

screws

http://www.radioshack.com/images/ProductCatalog/ProductImage/64/64-3017.jpg

nuts

tools: screw drivers, black electrical tape, exacto knife, wire clipper, a ruler and a nut driver.

Airgun Directions (with minor edits) :

Cut six inches off the female end of the cable. Now we will prep this piece before we attach it to the switch. Lightly score just the outer insulation around an inch from the end. Open up the cut by lightly bending the wire. Use your fingernail to pull the insulation off. Separate the inner white wire from the copper strands. Twist the white strands together, then the copper strands seperately so you have a white and a copper wire. The white wire is delicate enough to strip with your fingernail. Expose about ½ inch of it. Now this is ready to connect to the switch. Note the orientation of the switch. Thread the shielded wire through the hole in terminal one. Twist it tightly to insure a good connection. Thread and wrap the white wire through center terminal 3. We recommend that these connections be soldered at this point but adequate results can be obtained without solder. Cut a small piece of tape and apply it to the wire attatched to the roller switch. Wrap it tight and repeat for the white wire. Set this aside for a minute and grab the bag of machine screws. Select two screws out of the bag that are ½ inch long. Place and hold the two screws from the left side of the grip. Position the switch as shown and hand tighten one of the nuts. Note the wire running through the notch. Get the other nut started then tighten them both snug. Not too tight you can break the plastic housing. Now we will notch the inside of the grip out to clear the wire. Open the grip up so the inside is exposed. Very Carefully, start a ¾ ‘long cut in at an angle, midway between the screw
mounting hole and the edge of the right section of the grip grip. Now cut in from the other direction to make a small groove that will fit the wire. Be carefull not to cut all the way through the grip. Test fit the wire and adjust the notch if necessary. Screw the left side of the grip in first. Route the excess wire from the switch, down through the notch and back up and out. We ended up hanging our plug out about ¼ of an inch. Line up the wire and notch and install the two remaining screws, and we are done with the grip for now. You will need enough wire from the male side, to reach comfortably from the plug in your grip to the board In your Rev. plus some for the connection.
Ten inches should be enough for most setups. Check and see what length
will work out best for you. Strip approx. 2 ½ inches of insulation off the end, separate and twist as
before. Cut about an inch off the insulation. Put the piece of insulation back on the wire to prevent grounding. Now grab your Rev. and a Phillips screwdriver. Remove all seven screws from the case. The entire guts will now lift out. i assume you can figure out which the Board, Drive Motor, and Sensor eye are. Disconnect the plug from the board (don’t pull it out by the wires). You need to tap into the RED wire about an inch from the plug by
Carefully stripping the insulation back. Try not to cut the actual wire,
just the insulation. Be Careful! Now you can
connect the white wire here. Wrap the white wire from the earphone cable around the red wire several times. Add a small piece of tape to cover the inserted white wire. Now take the black wire from the earphone cable and connect it to a metal prong used for the 9v batteries under the board. Note that it’s the terminal opposite the switch that turns your revy on. Twist the excess up. With your knife you will need to make a small notch on the bottom of the
Rev. Case for the eaphone cable that is connected to the board to exit . We made one just on the other side of the
battery compartment wall. Make the notch just smaller than the cable for a snug fit. Connect the plug back into the circuit board and reinstall the guts.

Any questions pm me, ill add some pics of maon areas.

nate2k191
01-10-2004, 09:26 PM
(twisting the cut wires you exposed on the male end of the earphone cord onto the switch)

nate2k191
01-10-2004, 09:27 PM
(putting the switch in the frame, when you put your sear in make sure its hits the roller switch well)

nate2k191
01-10-2004, 09:28 PM
(cutting the grip so there is room for the wire)

nate2k191
01-10-2004, 09:29 PM
(open view of hopper in order [board, motor, eye]. This picture shows the wire installed, as you can see)

nate2k191
01-10-2004, 09:30 PM
(cutting into the red wire, make sure you dont actually cut the wire, just the insulation, so you can join the white wire from the earphone cord with it)

nate2k191
01-10-2004, 09:31 PM
(wraping the black wire around the metal prong under the board, opposite to the revy on/off switch)

nate2k191
01-10-2004, 09:34 PM
(lead the earphone wire through the notch you cut in the revy plastic and close it up, make sure you dont pinch any other wires. the connect the plugs!)

For any questions or more picture, pm me

captain stabbin
01-11-2004, 10:11 AM
thanks alot nate, ill try to do this by myself, im horrible with wire work though hah and this seems just a litttttle too complicated, but ill give it a go.