PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever thought of building your own scenario marker?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Did you ever want to build your own scenario marker? It's fairly easy to do...

BUT

In order to do this you have to have LOTS of money.

Bi-Pod
Cheap clip on ones that look ugly are like $10-$20
Nice looking ones are $50 and up to $100

Scope - Ranges from cheap $7 ones to $1,000 ones

Laser Site - This is a hard item to find online. But once you do find it you will be completely shocked by the price. These things are VERY expensive to $300 and up. If you are lucky you can find a cheap one for $50.

SnYpER's Money Saving Tip - Laser Site - Buy a regular laser pointer (around $5) and electrical tape it to your barrel. tie a rubber band tightly around the button and it should stay on.

Tactical Flashlight
You would expect these things to be cheap because..well...Its a flashlight! but they range from $50 and up.

SnYpER's Money Saving Tip - Tactical Flashlight - Same as the laser site just electrical tape the flashlight to your barrel and turn it on.

And now for the looks.
If you are using a cheap marker that you just don't give a darn about just spray paint it black or green or if you are artistic you can add a camo paintjob to it.

if you have some camo cloth you can wrap that around your barrel.

If you have an expensive marker i recommend you use camo cloth or get it anodized.

There are simpler ways to have a scenario marker like just buying a armotech marker...but that's just for people that like to shell out $400+ for a gun that works like a spyder and weighs like a concrete block. (Im serious! That thing is heavy!)

After you got your marker finished you gotta get urself into the scenario look!

You can purchase tactical vests or camo clothing from various sport stores.

Links to sites that were helpful to me:
http://www.cops911.com - they make great vests and holsters.
http://cheaperthandirt.com - they sell lots of useful scenario items at low prices! (Scopes, Bi-Pods, Laser sites, Stocks, and lots of useful things)
http://www.blackhawkindustries.com - Vests and other things
http://www.flurryindustries.com - Vests
http://www.sportsmansguide.com - bi-pods, sites, vests, tactical flashlights, etc.
http://rustyspaintballgear.com - Don't want to spend the time to make your own? Buy real looking markers! (bazookas, LAWS, artillery, and more!)
http://www.goggleskinz.com - great way to hide your face!

Hope this helps some of you guys out there!
-SnYpER-

Sir_Brass
01-10-2004, 10:41 PM
I've often thought about it, but I've never been able to afford it. I've just settled on having good scenario gear, such as vest and mic and radio, and use my current primary markers. :)

Wes Janson
01-11-2004, 12:18 AM
You're going to shoot me...but from what I've seen, a good enough ghillie suit (which is probably $200+), can let you basically use any damned gun you want..even some bright flashy thing. At my local field one relative newb showed up with no gun but a nice burlap-sack-string ghillie. He borrowed my old unmodified spyder compact, and went out there. The fields are quite small there, but he just wiped out the opposition by holding the gun very close to his body, and crouching down in a good spot, then waiting for them to come to him. Some people got within a matter of feet from him, his camoflauge was so good. And with the ghillie, you couldn't see more than a couple inches of barrel sticking out of a bush.

paintballrules7
01-11-2004, 12:35 AM
I tried it once but then I ran out of many. They I return the accesories and sold the gun away to hi-tech for me.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-11-2004, 02:02 AM
That doesnt work too well to some of the experianced players. But those things are useful in the summer when that brush is just everywhere and you cant see snything

Tack
01-11-2004, 07:58 PM
I made this one for CQB as well as standard scenario play.

Retro Mini-Mag, Z-Grip, Custom for grip, reversed site rail, Armotech Flashlight, Equation Berserk 8" Barrel kit, Doc Nickel mag-cocker adapter. Works great for both scenario cqb games as well as speedball.

http://www.pbnationmagazine.com/data/251/1066248154mvc035s.jpg

also, many fields don't allow the laser pointer/sights due to insurance restrictions and fear that the laser will damage someone's eye.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-11-2004, 08:46 PM
your link doesnt work

paintballrules7
01-11-2004, 10:17 PM
It probably wont work anyway.

doc_Zox
01-12-2004, 05:02 PM
i'll save you some more money,
Laser pointers are Illegal on most fields

theres that little thing with permanant eye damage

Wes Janson
01-12-2004, 05:42 PM
If I recall correctly, what happens is that your eyes tries to focus on the beam, but because it's a point the iris opens up fully, and allows the light to focus onto the retina, thus burning it and causing damage (same for the sun). At least, that was my rough understanding. Staring into lights=bad. Probably explains why my eyes always hurt..heh.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-12-2004, 08:44 PM
...so wuts up with the lasers for armotech markers then?

fallout11
01-13-2004, 01:58 PM
As usual, a marketing ploy.
Trying to sell them to anyone who will shell out for them.

The guys are right, lasers are banned at most fields/scenario games, due to insurance and eye injury concerns.

Get a red-dot sight instead, if you feel the need.

Sir_Brass
01-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Although it'd be cool to have a scenario marker, I'm PERFECTLY happy with my blazer. It's all black except for the green shocktech drop, so it's not like it's going to reflect light by having a shiny anno or anything. That, plus my now-normal pball outfit is black JT pro pants, black 8" high forced entry tactical assault boots, black/blue dye gloves, black long-sleeved T-shirt, etc., etc. you get the picture, my gun goes great with my gear.

I think the great thing about scenarios is that you get to do that old thing you used to do when you were a kid called "let's pretend", except now imagining that you're a general in a war, you ARE a soldier in a war . .. a paintball war, but what you're imagining is that your gun is actually an m16 or a garrande, or an m60 or an mg42, or what have you, and that your hopper is actually a magazine clip, etc.

You don't NEED the LOOK to have a scenario marker. Just make sure it doesn't HINDER your scenario by being too out-of-this-world or too down-to-earth, or what have you. use what feels right to you, which means: use your favorite marker. then get out there, run missions and go sling some paint!

PBIF!! :)

fallout11
01-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Yep, it's the freedom that comes from scenario games that appeals so much to me.

Wear what you want, get as involved as you want, shoot what you want, be as laid back or as hard core as you want, roleplay as much or as little as you like, etc.
All styles welcome.
All skill levels and all ages welcome.

Quite literally, something for everyone.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-13-2004, 04:49 PM
that's what makes this sport so great :)

Tack
01-13-2004, 06:02 PM
http://www.pbnationmagazine.com/data/251/1066248154mvc035s.jpg

link is fixed.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-13-2004, 06:29 PM
is that a flashlight or a site on ur rail?

Rick927
01-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Lots of $$, you can say that again.

Sir_Brass
01-14-2004, 01:16 AM
what in the world WAS that marker before it's m4 conversion?! :eek:

Rick927
01-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Thats a Minimag/L10:D I know they are a little over the top for some folks, but I like the milsim stuff.
Here's another-

Sir_Brass
01-14-2004, 09:53 AM
I'm not complaining, I'm simply STUNNED!! She's GORGEOUS!!

fallout11
01-14-2004, 10:38 AM
I'm wondering how in the world you managed to get RIS rail mounted to the powerfeed body!
Or the CAR stock mounted to the.....uh....yeah.

I'd pay money for the first ability (and save myself from waiting on and switching to the tactical mag body).

Rick, do you offer "mis-sim-izing" as a service?

Rick927
01-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Sir Brass-Thanks man, I think the new one's I'm making are turning out pretty good.
Fallout11-You got PM, The RIS rail is attached to a custom machined AR15 upper receiver which has a mag body inside. The CAR stock is attached to a custom machined lower receiver. The works are all in the upper and the lower is just there as a base to mount everything on.
Oh, yes I do make them for anyone. The standard M4 uses your Mag or Minimag with PF HL body and standard rail/sear. It cost $650.00 to convert and takes about 2 weeks. The RIS rail flat top with red dot sight is $850.00. Both come complete with case, sling ect.

Rick927
01-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Here's a pic.

Rick927
01-14-2004, 11:23 AM
And another.

Sir_Brass
01-14-2004, 12:21 PM
so, basically what you did was fit a mag body and valve into an AR15 upper receiever, and the machined body itself has a sear pin, etc.? I'm still trying to figure out how this was done. If I still had my mag, I MIGHT consider this, though it is awfully expensive. But she does look worth it if you're willing to go the distance for the gun.

Also, did you make the grip with the standard 2 inline holes for grip-mounted hardware such as bottom lines, drops, etc.?

Rick927
01-14-2004, 01:58 PM
They are expencive, but when I see mine on the field next to an armotec, AT, or tipman. I just have to smile. She may not shoot any better, but it sure looks more realistic.The rail and sear are stock mag rail cut down to fit inside lower receiver. Trigger is directly connected to the sear with no trigger rod. Pic. might help. As you can see there is not much left of the rail, only what was needed to keep it operational. You can use the kind of grip your talking about but I prefer a remote set up.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-14-2004, 04:29 PM
lol i wouldnt spend more than $500 to do something like this

Rick927
01-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Yea, I only get orders for about a dozen or so a year. It's a specialty item, that only a select few people are willing to drop the cash on. Like spending a grand on a golf club? Or a baseball card? I won't do it, but someone out there will.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-14-2004, 04:42 PM
hey rick...i got a sheridan xts nemesis...you think you can get some milsim parts on it?

Rick927
01-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Never seen one, post a pic, and I'll take a look at what could be done.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-14-2004, 06:15 PM
http://www.paintballheadquarters.net/paintballheadquarters/images/nemesisxtsbig.jpg

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-14-2004, 06:20 PM
i got a 18in barrel with a homemade bi-pod(which works and looks fairly decent). and i got a gas stock and a remote which might spice it up a little bit. i got a 47ci co2 tank on the way. since tactical flashlights are a bid expensive i'm planning on being creative with a mini maglite and some electrical tape. i have a laser site kit which i hope to be able to mount on the barrel with the fittings that come with it and since this thing is a cheap piece of doodoo i'll just spraypaint it black with some green and brown.

Maybe some camoflauge cloth for he barrel and i'll probably conserve my shots and use 10round tubes.

I'm just looking for little things that will make this look better.

Rick927
01-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Camo it first, then go from there. Start with small add on's, like your light idea, but I would stay away from lasers unless your field lets you use them. Nothing in my milsim bag of tricks would fit on this marker, plus parts are expensive and I think you are looking to stay on a tight budget.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-14-2004, 06:30 PM
well i guess i'll have 2 scenario markers. i'm planning on purchasing a at-4 for $250 (to me that's pretty cheap)

Rick927
01-14-2004, 10:03 PM
AT-4 is great marker, and $250 is a great price. I like the magazine feed on th at-4, just make sure to watch the little clips on the chain feed in the magazine, if they get bent out of shape, you will have a blender. Make sure to post a pick when you get it.If you ever get north of the border I play at Sams and Promisedland may see you there.:D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-14-2004, 10:58 PM
well this is the problem...it doesnt come with a stock and the forarm grip thing isnt there. or they just didnt show it in the picture. when i want to purchase a marker i want it to include the things that it should include.

It's a great price but i would like it to come with the stock and forgrip thing.

Jaasper
01-15-2004, 05:21 AM
Get you a magazine extension clamp (http://www.elitetacticalsources.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=RSTAC1081172) for a shotgun. - $10

One end clamps to your barrel and the other to you standard mini mag light. Then add a pressure switch (http://www.elitetacticalsources.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=RSTAC1081196) they make for a mag light ($15) and wha la.. $25 dollars later plus a mini maglight and you have one tac light.

fallout11
01-15-2004, 07:26 AM
The missing parts on the AT-4 you're planning on buying is no problem.
ATS sells CAR-15/M-4 surplus foregrips for $40, or you can buy your own online or at some gun stores.
They are "standard" items.

And I picked up an adjustable gas-thru T-stock for my AT-4 for $30. Done deal.

But what Rick says about the clips is true. You just have to be mindful of them.

Rick927
01-15-2004, 09:26 AM
If you just need the stock CAR foregrips, I have several pair in the shop. They are $15.00 add in a few bucks for shipping and I'll send them out to you. I buy all my parts from m-aparts.com they are very nice folks and they have good quality parts if you want to order direct from them.
They also sell a tac mag light mount for about the same price. All metal one side is 1" the other is 3/4" so you can use your minimag flashlight.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-15-2004, 07:57 PM
pics?

Rick927
01-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Grips:

Rick927
01-16-2004, 09:53 AM
M500

fallout11
01-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Yep, those (the first picture from Rick) are the same handguards that come stock on the AT-4.
Mine have stainless steel heat guards inside them.
I assume Rick's do, too, but you don't need that even if they do not.
Paintball barrels don't get hot when fired. =)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-16-2004, 08:14 PM
rick, how much for the m500a?

and what threads do at-4s use?

Rick927
01-17-2004, 10:27 AM
New from surefire, thay are like $500.00
I don't know what barrel threads the AT is, but I'm sure someone looking at this thread does.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-18-2004, 02:39 AM
ok i give up on the at-4 and all those stocks and barrel and all that other EXTREMELY expensive stuff. i realized that i had a gas through stock...then i realized that my ranger can take cocker barrels (duh it's made by wgp, stupid me) then i realized that i had a site rail on the ranger...and i noticed that i had a flashlight and some mounting brackets.

so...put that all together and you get.

well...guess im gonna be a SnYpER after all

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-18-2004, 02:41 AM
yes, it's a evil pipe barrel and yes it's a wgp ranger...and yes that's a flashlight mounted next to my scope

Cyberious
01-18-2004, 03:03 PM
Here's my current scenario marker (atleast until the TacOne comes in). It is a lowly little Trracer but it sure is accurate and quiet.

richie
01-23-2004, 06:35 PM
try looking at this sight www.gggaz.com They have a lot of custom accessories,not cheap though.(I am sure rick can get all this too).I have a minimag I am thinking about extending the body rail with the front section of a RT-Pro and putting a sling stud on the front for my harris bi-pod.I want a tac one body also.I just aquired a Cyclop nightvision scope but I think it will be a little too big to mount on a paintball gun.I added a pic I reworked in paint to show the rail Idea.I also found a guy here in fla that will annodize my gun in a great camo pattern,although it ain't cheap either.I guess one step at a time.

badinfo
01-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Rick do you have any CAR stocks for sale? May take ya up on the handguards as well, I DID buy one of the AT4's that Snyper was talking about and it does look silly without the handguard ;)

Rick927
01-24-2004, 11:19 AM
badinfo-No stocks in the shop right now, I have plenty of handguards. www.m-aparts.com has the cheapest prices for mil spec parts. Have you had a chance to shoot your AT yet?LMK
richie-Mag looks sweet, GG&G is top of the line tactical gear, very nice. If you had an extended(rearward) sight rail you could mount your night vision without too much trouble. The outer diameter of the mag body is the same as a remmington 700 receiver, so any stock rail will fit. Then all you have to do is drill and tap you mag body for the new sight rail screws, just be sure to dremel them flush on the inside so they dont bugger up the valve. The new TAC1 bodies are going to be cool. Have you thought about a different finish from anno? www.Brownells.com makes an exellent 2 part, bake on ennamel in black, that is tough as nails. If you add two cover coats of green & brown allumihyde paint over it you got camo for about $30-$40 depending on how many coats of paint you use.

badinfo
01-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Rick, no I havent shot it yet, still waitin on the UPS guy to show up ;)
The seller sent me some pics, and it definitely looks dumb without the handguards. Plannin on a larger tank and remote system so I can use a stock, the 13ci tank it comes with is a little small methinks. Will let ya know how it goes when I get to put it through its paces.
Your conversions are SWEET btw, nice stuff!

Rick927
01-24-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks, I like to use a 4500/88 and remote, if I could get that damn hopper off the top it would look better. A buddy of mine sent me infor on the new Q-loader, it looks cool, like a pod/warp all in one. They are going to be like 250$ for the kit with 5 pods. :eek: Oh well, I'm saving my $ now. PM me if you want the grips.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-24-2004, 08:41 PM
why is the Q-Loader priced so high? With what i've seen it looks like a pod with a spring inside of it that pushed the paintballs...big whoop. that should cost $50 at most. Someone please tell me why this thing is so expensive!

Rick927
01-25-2004, 10:39 AM
Its more of a helical magazine than a pod. Like carrying 5 revy/pod combo's at 25$ each, plus a loader set up & gun mount. I like the idea, but I have no idea why they are so much, other than the company thinks people will pay that much to buy them. Loading the pods looks a little time consuming, but all in all a good idea. If you could buy them direct from China they would be $20.00 www.qloader.com here's the link for those who have not seen it.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-25-2004, 11:43 AM
lol same with the egg2. it's like $80...and it was made in Mexico!

fallout11
01-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Rick has a "REAL" CAR stock on his mil-sim mags. For the AT-4, you'll need a gas thru car stock.
It looks pretty much the same, but mounts to the ASA on the back of the AT-4, and is hollowed out. Comes with a male quick disconnect on the bottom.
Or a "Car stock adapter", which allows you to mount a CAR stock to the asa, while attaching a remote at the same time.

ATS sells them both complete assemblies and just the adapter (if you already have a stock)
(www.getrealpaintball.com), as does United Paintball.com. $100 for the whole enchilada, $26 for just the adapter.

Or get a gas-thru T-stock for $30, if you don't mind its looks.

The AT-4 has spyder barrel threads, BUT spyder barrels won't really work with it, as the barrel flange isn't long enough, so it doesn't sit as far back in the chamber as it should. You may have feeding problems, and finding one that is the right outer diameter for the forward shroud is very hard.

This space on the stock barrel is trimmed back and threaded differently, and that's were the unisizer sits.
Stick with the stock barrel, as it is the right length, and takes the unisizer, which spyder barrels do not.
Also, you'll be amazed at the accuracy.
I sure was! Better than a freak barrel kit any day.

This is the first gun I've ever owned where the stock barrel absolutely rocks.
But if you're dying for a different barrel, I'm told Palmer Pursuit can make you a custom one.

Cockerkiller01
02-23-2004, 07:04 PM
I just use a phantom vsc stock class with a bipod, 4x32 scope and custom made stock Id put pics up if I could figure out how

DeeEight
02-26-2004, 06:26 PM
An idea that occurred to me today, after looking at the Q-loader video again, was having a custom mag body and rail made to do a bullpup configuration gun, which thanks to the Q-loader, is quite doable now.

Stick the loader over the barrel feeding back to the feed port, and you can fit a 14 or 16" barrel into a whole gun only about 20" long, but more importantly, with very little barrel protruding past the foregrip. Also in overall height it'd be shorter than even an A-5.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
02-27-2004, 12:06 AM
jmrwall - for some reason i can't email you. But to answer your question, Yes, please email the pictures :)

Pyrate Jim
02-27-2004, 05:50 PM
Check your PM.

fallout11
03-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Here's my baby, with a bit too much mounted on it.
Obviously, I don't use it all at once (flashlight for nighttime, reddot in the day, etc.).
But you get the idea.

http://www.imageshack.us/img2/8281/mygunA1.jpg

RenagadeOfFunk
03-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Rick will any of those m4's be seen again on the first big game at Promisedland?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-26-2004, 02:21 PM
i wish i still had my digital camera :(

Rick927
03-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Fallout-Sweet marker!
Renagade-I will be there with two, mine old one and the loaner, if your going to be there see me before the game and you can try it out.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-26-2004, 02:45 PM
hey fallout,

why don't you put the gas through stock on the top and take off the asa?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-26-2004, 08:29 PM
the worst marker i've ever used (worse than the talon!)
http://jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=1585
http://jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=1586

Finally i took my bro's camera!

Here is my pimped up wgp ranger
http://jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=1587
http://jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=1588
http://jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=1594

Jaasper
03-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Fine give me a reason to repost mine.
http://www.brotherhoodpaintball.org/albums/album07/tacone_033.sized.jpg

fallout11
03-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Thanks, Rick!
Of course, if I had seen your automag conversion earlier, I'd have probably gone that route instead. But no regrets now. =)

Suicidal Sniper - an excellent question, and one I've been mentally wrestling with.

Putting the stock 'down low' like it is allows me to acutally use the sights on the marker, something I cannot do with the stock straight out the back, at least not while wearing a mask.
My neck is too dang long.

Of course, I sacrificed some aesthetics for that.
A 'straight stock' arrangement just puts the marker height too low for my taste.

I have since replaced the T-stock with the correct telescopic CAR stock style. But it's still mounted down low.
For now......

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-29-2004, 08:27 PM
i noticed that your asa doesnt angle downward which does make it difficult to use the sites.

kemikos
03-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Up until a couple of years ago, all ATS guns came with an angled ASA. The straight ASA was produced so that when you put a CAR stock on, it looked right.

Yeah, I have an ATS marker, too; I play mostly with it, because it just shoots so well. And it does look cool. But everybody's seen those...

The one that gets the attention is the Classic 'Mag shown in my signature... :cool:

Well, it's more or less a Classic... :D

Kenn

fallout11
03-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Ahh, yes, indeed, the M-14 automag conversion. Very nice, indeed! And even much rarer than my ATS toy.

But the cost! Egads!
I just couldn't justify that kind of cashola outlay.

gbrad64
03-30-2004, 08:49 PM
im sure by now some of you have figured out that laser projecting sites work in both directions;)
Hey jaasper...
what is that mounted below your barrel?
it looks like one of those "anti kick" eletronically controlled counter balance thingies i"ve seen at rifle matches...

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
03-30-2004, 09:08 PM
that would be called a Q-Loader

kemikos
04-01-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by fallout11
Ahh, yes, indeed, the M-14 automag conversion. Very nice, indeed! And even much rarer than my ATS toy.

Yep. According to the builder, there are around 5 of them. And only one was built with a wood stock... :cool:

And I wouldn't pay for it again, either. At the time, I had the cash on hand and (I thought) nothing better to spend it on. I've learned better since... :rolleyes:

Kenn

dcmorris82
04-02-2004, 10:48 PM
cool markers

mightywestside
04-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Hey guys, I've searched the net for a way to raise my scope above my powerfeed so I can see what I'm shooting at and I can't find anyone who makes something like this. I know I've seen em around, does anyone know a good way to mount a scope higher? Or where to buy something that would do it? Thanks,

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-26-2004, 06:39 PM
if you have enough spare screw left you can try putting a piece of paper or any object below your site rail to help raise it up a bit

mightywestside
04-26-2004, 09:04 PM
yea, I see that working, but I need it raised something along the lines of an inch or so... just so that it clears the feed tube. Hmmm... I've racked my brain on ideas, if only I owned a CNC Mill..........

-Mighty

matmc89
04-27-2004, 06:49 PM
lol my sniper marker
cant really see it went a little overboard making a mini ghilli suit for it, :rolleyes: but its a vsc phantom
but here she is

matmc89
04-27-2004, 08:07 PM
haha where do you find a bipod at that clips on, preferably folding
lol my attempt to make one didnt come out too good :rolleyes:

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-27-2004, 10:42 PM
bi-pod = no no

the bi-pod only got in the way for me, along with the stock and remote.

i like to play with just the tank attached to the back of the gun and that's it

matmc89
04-28-2004, 10:47 AM
yea im just going to use a stock, since my tanks a 4oz.

DementedChild
04-28-2004, 07:47 PM
i sold it but i had a sniper cocker senario gun had 21 inch sniper barrel and bipod

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/exg/barrel2.jpg

there it was

edweird
05-05-2004, 06:46 AM
Jaasper you have sorta inspired me to build another mag after IAO I think... Or atleast retrofit one of my old ones for scenario only use.

more to come in a couple months on that.

want2race
05-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Love the M4 conversion. Looks great.

I went with the sniper theme for this one.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70872&stc=1

This one shows the lever change in the stock before I applied the finish to the wood.
http://neondawg.com/paintball/uploads/left_side.jpg

For all of you putting scopes/redots on your markers, look into making an adjustable base so you can adjust the point of aim for varying distances. This way you can see your target when you shoot at greater distances.

If you want to read about this Phantom convertion: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124774

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
05-27-2004, 07:28 PM
that's crazy insanely nice, but how much did the conversion cost you?

want2race
05-28-2004, 08:08 AM
Somewhere around $600 in parts (including brand new Phantom) and $200 in tools (router, dremel).

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
05-28-2004, 09:39 PM
is it basically just getting a phantom, drilling a stock to accept the phantom, and chucking on a bi-pod and scope?

Rick927
05-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Sweet sniper rifle! I like it. It looks like a M24 sniper weapon system. Well done! How long did it take?

voo-doo
05-30-2004, 12:03 AM
for scenarios I use my old VM-68, even with a remote it is still heavy, but looks good.

want2race
05-31-2004, 04:23 AM
Yeah basically just a drop in, except for the conversion from pump to bolt action and the lever change in the stock. The trigger mech is about 7 inches further back than the stock phantom, and the scope is on an adjustable base. If you just bolt on a scope it's useless (except for spotting). The base has a thumb screw at the back (visable in the second pic) and a pivot pin in the front. Turn the knob and the back of the base raises and lowers, this raises and lowers the scope for various distances. I can put the crosshairs on a target at 35m, hit it, turn the wheel to raise the rear, put the crosshairs on a target at 65m and hit it.

I need to draw up the blueprints for both.

want2race
05-31-2004, 04:37 AM
Rick927:
I spent about a week on the plans. I wanted to be sure it worked without major design changes, so I took my time in the planning phase.

Actual work time is a guess because I worked on it for a couple hours a day for about a month. The woodwork took the longest by far. Drilling out the hole for the lever change and the micro line was the worst part. With a mil and the right bits, the stock could be done in an afternoon. But that has to be done after the action, trigger and air lines are connected to the bottom of the Phantom so you know how much wood to remove from the inside.

Check for PM.

Archangel-6
06-02-2004, 09:29 AM
This is my scenario marker, I am going to do what ricks done though...well, ant least try it..LOL

Rick927
06-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Cool, your vloader looks like an m203 :D

Archangel-6
07-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Cool, your vloader looks like an m203 :D

Ahh yes, but thanks to you, and alot of $$ I know have the real deal....