PDA

View Full Version : ULE mainbody barrel jam, and fix

dmocratic
01-10-2004, 11:17 PM
We have a red ULE mainbody, Armson 2-peice barrel. Kept having problems with the barrel getting a little loose. My wife, not a weightlifter, tightened it by hand, and then, inexplicably, neither of us could get the barrel off. It wouldn't budge an inch. It was severely diminishing my wife's appreciations of her brand new marker.

How we got it off: I have these heel cushion pads for inside my shoes when my heels getr sore, they are made of a rubery silicone I think. Wrapped it around the barrel and manage to get it off, no harm done other than an hour of dissapoitment.

Long-term fix: we took a 'mag barrel O-ring out of are old spare-parts kit, slipped it over and past the threads on the barrel. Now the barrel can be screwed in nice and firmly, won't vibrate loose, and we can always get it back off easily.

Just thought I share, in case anyone else has seen
either (barrel getting loose, or getting stuck) issue.
Caveat: haven't taken this out to the field yet,
if we see any issues in play, I'll post about it here.

hAppy
01-10-2004, 11:47 PM
man you should feel the pain of taking off the back half of a barrel in a cocker...

this is how i eliminate further barrel jams
-oil barrel oring
-take out the oring

your shoe soul idea is a very good idea, NEVER wouldve thought to look under my shoe :confused: must say that was very creative!

Mag Master 04
01-11-2004, 12:31 AM
i also had this problem...my barrel wouldnt stay tight for nothng,and one day it decides to not come off, so i got the trusty rubber grip pad we got in out top junk droor by our fridge and off she came...i also had this problem w/ both pieces of my ultralight, and it was solved w an o ring also

GT
01-11-2004, 01:44 PM
I wount go the oring route. There can be 2 problems

1. it maynot completly sit flush to the body, causing in some cases ball breakage.
2. it puts major strress on the threads of the barrel and body.

The best way is to add a wrap or 2 of teflon tape to the barrel threads. scew it in lightly!

dmocratic
01-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Well, my wife used her ULE X_valved 'mag with both of her barrels (the Armson 2-pc and a new Perfect Bore) with the 'mag barrel o-ring as a "shoe" (as I think someone called it) and there was no loosening, no breaks (LX !), and both barrels shot straight and consistant. (My thigh
has two close-together bruises from 3 impacts, how's that
for consistant ? :-)

So for us this trick works and works well.