PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Mentioned on CNN

lopxtc
01-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Thought you all might enjoy this quick mention of PBall on CNN ...

http://www.cnn.com/offbeat/gallery/frameset.exclude.html

Its like the fourth pic from the left ... not much, just a quick mention of it ...

Aaron

FreakBaller12
01-11-2004, 09:26 AM
hey at least it's better than nothing. nothing bad said, then it's a good article for paintball.

FalconGuy016
01-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Yeah at least its a decent thing :)

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-11-2004, 11:27 AM
I liked the one with the horsey and the kitty:D

fire1811
01-11-2004, 11:33 AM
couple more years and paintball will be like a soap.
on every day :)

Trina
01-11-2004, 12:11 PM
That's awesome!! What kind of guns are they shooting...I thought it kinda looked like Mags, but it's hard to tell...

TOILET BOWL PARADE???!!!:eek:

Somehow I don't believe that's a Labrador!!:rolleyes:

paintballfrk13
01-11-2004, 01:56 PM
yes that is a picture of a fireproof team practice and that is CrimeDog with his new e-mag donated by memebrs of the cppa and tim skinner is shooting a timmy but i dont know the third gun.
this is great publicity for paintball and the CPPA

later clinton bettner

Trina
01-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Yes definately!! And on CNN too!!:D

1stdeadeye
01-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Looks like a mag to me. I see a rail on teh marker. Either a Vert feed Emag or Vert Feed R/T?

Trina
01-11-2004, 07:56 PM
YEAHHHH!!! Mags on CNN!!

"See Joey...the Christians shoot mags...":D LOL!!

walker2287
01-11-2004, 09:02 PM
TOILET BOWL PARADE???!!!

only in wisconsin:D

Army
01-12-2004, 12:55 AM
WOOHOO! Go Fireproof!

CPPA WEBSITE...PLAY HARD, PRAY HARDER (http://www.christianpaintball.com/)

FreshmanBob
01-12-2004, 12:56 AM
If only it didnt read 'off beat images' :(

Athius
01-12-2004, 01:27 AM
I think their moto or slogan or whatever it is, is:

"In the name of God we will push you":D

Crime Dog
01-12-2004, 08:50 AM
*laughs*

MAN! Some of us from Team Fireproof and the Ohio CPPA were in Iowa this weekend to play some ball, and Jesus Freak, President of the CPPA told us we made it on CNN. All glory to our God! (We're a Christian team in case ya couldn't tell.)

Wow. Man. Offbeat or not, that's amazing we made it there!

Ok...for the gun questions.

I'm the tallest one in the pic...and I am indeed using a mag. It's a ULE Emag in fact. And yes, it was donated to me by the members of the CPPA to get me back into the sport, and to be able to be a part of Fireproof and it's mission of telling others about what it is Jesus did for us as the human race.

Tim Skinner is using a Timmy, and the other gun is a Palmer Blazer.

My EMag is currently in the hands of Tunaman getting a face lift. The rail was unannoed, and the ULE body was blue...grip frame/battery housing was black. It's all getting a black to red fade, dust finish. New C&C Battery housing, flash the software up to 3.2, and getting a safety put in. (Sear safety was missing on it.)

Sitting on top, a HALO B. Nitroduck 68/4500 tank, and a CP flame drop. Macroline.

For more information on Team Fireproof and the Ohio CPPA you can visit our website (http://www.ohiocppa.org)

I'm still a mag newb, and need to practice a lot more with it. I'm used to mechanicals, so it's taking me a bit to learn an electro trigger, and increase my finger speed a bit. And this whole sweetspotting thing...yeah, haven't figured that totally out yet either. Give me time, I'll make you Mag owners proud hopefully! :)

Trina
01-12-2004, 09:51 AM
That's awesome Crime Dog! Your team made all of us proud gracing CNN with your presence!:D I played pball with some guys from the CPPA at the Craig Village game on Fort Campbell, KY. They were the coolest! Hope to see ya all around!:D

Trina

dan2013
01-13-2004, 02:56 PM
I'm really proud of team FIREPROOF, the guys and girls that make it happen are awesome... if only their team captain was as cool as them. ;)

RamboPreacher
01-13-2004, 03:19 PM
we're famous!
woohoo!
CPPA on CNN!

speedyejl
01-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Very cool

Anyhow, why the heck not explain sweetspotting,

It basically means 3 things

The first is becoming a popular term, its also known as laning or keying. In simple terms you laydown a rope of paint off the break to prevent players from moving up on the feild. Later on the game you will sweetspot down areas of the feild where you suspect players to move through, in hope to either keep them in place or mark them while they move.

Second is a term used regarding regulators and finding their best spot for efficiency.

Third is an older term which basically means just finding the spot on your trigger where you can get into a nice rythm shooting (without the aid of trigger bounce and reactivity of course). Basically just using the minimal kick of the marker and your trigger fingers to keep the marker firing at a nice rythm. This usually applies to mech triggers since on electros you'll shoot faster walking or raking.

Crime Dog
01-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I understand sweetspotting the lane...that I can do.

It's the trigger part I'm working on. Trying to figure out how to twitch my fingers fast enough to get the most of the Emag. Heh.

Darn mechanicals have me used to firing slower. ;)