PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with ReTro Valve

ProjectMag
09-09-2001, 03:50 PM
I'm in the process of building a mag from scratch. I recently purchased a Retro valve and got it installed. My problem is, when I gas it up the sear pushes forward like it should but when I pull the trigger, it doesn't fire. There is constant pressure from the sear on the trigger but I can pull the trigger back as far as it goes and the gun doesn't fire. I hope this isn't too confusing but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BlackVCG
09-09-2001, 03:58 PM
You're not getting enough travel out of the sear to release the bolt. What trigger frame are you using on this gun? I'll bet if you have a DYE or Benchmark, then that's the problem and you'll need to correct it by getting rid of the frame or slightly lengthening the trigger rod to the point where it has just a small gap inbetween the tip and the back of the trigger when gassed up.

ProjectMag
09-09-2001, 04:04 PM
I have a DYE 2x frame. When gassed up, the sear rod touches the trigger with quite a bit of pressure. Should I still lengthen the rod?

BlackVCG
09-09-2001, 04:19 PM
No, in that case you should get rid of that frame and get an Intelliframe or a stock CF frame. DYE makes absolutely horrible products when it comes to holding some level of tolerance. The frame will never work right if it's already causing problems with the stock setting on the trigger rod length. You can try shortening the trigger rod to create a slight gap so you don't eat up your bolt, but even then I doubt the thing will work right. Send back the frame and get your money back.

mykroft
09-09-2001, 06:39 PM
Try shortening the trigger rod until there's enough space to slip a credit card between the rod & trigger, this may get you going until you can get the AGD 2x frame.

REESE
09-09-2001, 08:28 PM
I picked up a Dye Single Trigger frame for my Mag that has a ReTro Valve and it rocks...there are little things that annoy me like the slop in the trigger (side to side play) but that was remedied with taking a macro line and a razor and making really thin washers to take up the spacing...and now it hums...IF anyone were to purchase a Dye trigger frame, go to the local shop and get it mounted there...at least you'll know first hand whether it works or not...the tolerances aren't all that great, but if they were the worst frames on the planet, don't you think that nobody would be using them???

Tunaman
09-10-2001, 07:02 PM
...and Dye will replace ANY Frame that "won't work". I haven't seen many of these though. Just my 2 cents...