PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe vs. Spyder Electro Frame

tyrion2323
01-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Hi guys,

In my never ending pursuit to actually start doing something about this idea, I look to you guys for help! I need to know - what are the differences between the Hyperframe/Booyah and the Spyder E-Frame? I'm trying to fit a Spyder EFrame to a mag, but I don't know how a hyperframe actually operates! Could anyone explain it to me/show me pics? Are they fundamentally the same? Different?

Thanks guys!

Jacob

CoolHand
01-11-2004, 03:12 PM
They appear to be more or less the same.

They both work on the same principal, both have a battery, board, MS, Cap, and Solenoid.

The major differences are the orientation of the solenoid, and the size of the parts.

The Spyder solenoids trip forward, meaning when they fire, the plunger is moved toward the front of the marker. In the Mag frame, is the opposite. This is due to the different linkages involved in the firing of each marker, and the direction each sear must move.

The other big thing is the size of the capacitor and solenoid in the mag frame.

It takes more force to move the mag sear, so it takes a bigger solenoid to do it. Since the solenoid is bigger, it takes a bigger capacitor to fire it.

I'm also sure that there is some kind of timing involved in making the mag fire correctly (ie not short stroking), but that would be purely software.

Good luck with your project, but I am not sure if it will work at all.

Later

BTW, be careful when dealing with capacitors. That little guy in the Spyder frame will have enough juice stored up in him to knock you on your butt, so don't lick it! :D

Slimm Jimm
01-12-2004, 10:57 AM
interesting idea, most spyder frames have a forward pushing solenoid, but the AMG frame has a solenoid that pushes up, and it's a longer frame with a flat top instead of rounded, so you might have an easier time putting on an amg frame than a sprint frame.

Meph
01-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Here's the difference.

The Spyder noid pushes forward towards the trigger to trip the sear. Since that is how it pivots.

While the mag style needs to have it pushing the OPPOSITE direction, actually towards your hands instead of the trigger. Due to sear design. The sear pivots like a teeter-totter to both hold bolt and use the on/off pin in one motion.

The Hyperframe you need to remove the trigger rod from the sear and that's all there is to it, works the exact same way electronically.