PDA

View Full Version : how does pay pal work

elpimpo
01-11-2004, 06:28 PM
im selling my emag and people keep wanting to use paypal. so im going to set up an account. does it cost money? if so how much. how do i get the money out of the pay pal acount? ummm i think thats all my questions

Berner9
01-11-2004, 06:39 PM
paypal is great. its quick and easy. its free. once you recieve money you can ask for a check from paypal and they will send you one in 1-2 weeks(theres like a 3% charge i think) or a direct deposit to your checking about 2-3 buisness days(free).

elpimpo
01-11-2004, 06:42 PM
so wait if i want it in my account i take it i have to put all my banking info into there data base

Berner9
01-11-2004, 07:23 PM
yep. you will have to give them your credit card # and checking i think. you are unverified until you do so. to get verified, paypal will deposit 2 amounts(like .23 and .67 cents) into your checking acc. and you will have to call your bank and see what those 2 deposits are. you will then just have to enter those in and you will become verified. also you will

LegendaryEvil
01-11-2004, 07:28 PM
I was one of the first 100 users of the paypal system.
I still use paypal for my LARGE ebay business., I can say with confidence that the PAYPAL service is VERY secure...

I have close to 10,000 paypal transctions...and not one SINGLE problem.

Good luck.

Mindflux
01-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Berner9
paypal is great. its quick and easy. its free. once you recieve money you can ask for a check from paypal and they will send you one in 1-2 weeks(theres like a 3% charge i think) or a direct deposit to your checking about 2-3 buisness days(free).

It's free until someone pays you with a credit card, or you start taking in over 400 a month (only has to happen once). Atleast that's how it was when I started getting charged the 3%

Wasted Rabbit
01-11-2004, 09:58 PM
I really like using it.. It's easy and fast and pretty much no worrys.. and you always have something to fall back on, If this a problem.