PDA

View Full Version : halo or egg?

eddie885221
01-11-2004, 09:32 PM
i am usin an X-minimag with an intelliframe but i dont know if i should get an egg or a halo. the halo is more of a force feed than an egg so im afraid of double feeding, but it does feed faster. which one should i get?:confused:

Dayspring
01-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Personal preference. They both do a good job of getting the ball into the breech.

eddie885221
01-11-2004, 09:44 PM
i know but the halo puts more force on it and i think it might push the ball past the detent

Dayspring
01-11-2004, 09:45 PM
If that was the case, more people would be complaining about it. And since there aren't, I am guessing that it's ok.

(You can always replace the detents/nubbins)

In other words-

You'll be fine.

eddie885221
01-11-2004, 10:41 PM
anybody else have an opinion?

eddie885221
01-11-2004, 11:18 PM
c'mon stop lookin at it and answer already, i take opinions too

PissedGodzilla
01-11-2004, 11:20 PM
personally the egg is much less money, and not much less effective, at least not enough for me to want to spend the extra on the halo.... I'd go with the egg

Evil1
01-12-2004, 02:31 AM
I own both a Halo B and an egg. The egg certainly feeds fast enough but it is built very crappy. I've replaced the battery door and the lid. Overall the egg even feels weak when you hold it. The egg is good for speed but if you want durability and speed the Halo B is the way to go. The only downside to both of them is that it seems they eat batteries fast and thats w/ taking them out when not in use, and good batteries aren't cheap these days.

Minimag n00b
01-12-2004, 02:38 AM
halo

Mister Sinister
01-12-2004, 02:43 AM
Another thing I would consider would be the feedneck placement. I had good luck with my egg2 but the way the weight was centered drove me nut. The halo feels much better on the gun. To me atleast.

eddie885221
01-13-2004, 10:46 PM
well if thats all the opinions u ppl have then i gues im goin with the egg because of the cost and it feeds plenty fast, unless anybody has a dominating reason in favor of the halo...

Evil1
01-14-2004, 03:44 AM
One more thing to consider is: If your accustomed to shooting a gun w/ a revy than I would go w/ a halo b because it feels more like a revy when on the gun, whereas the egg sits back kind of far. One thing I noticed is that when I was using my egg my skills suffered alittle b/c I was struggling w/ loading the egg while in a game. The halo is more like a revy and that is what I was used to, so when I got a halo it was like second nature again to reload in a game.

bunkerhugger
01-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Halo.

Use one for a month then try to switch back to a non force fed hopper. It drives me insane not to be able to turn my gun side ways and rip off a stream. I can do it with a Halo.

Enemy
01-15-2004, 02:31 AM
um personally i would say halo only because i have seen so many eggs break.. the feed neck is attached to the catch cup and it just cracks consistantly and the bat door doesnt stay shut after a long period of use...but i also have had limited experience with the halos due to there price. the only thing i can tell you is that the eggs are fast but fragile and even with the most gentle of users still developed cracks

Z-man
01-15-2004, 02:38 AM
personally I like the Halo B's and despise them at the same time.

They feed faster than anything out there and when they work they are the best.

The downsides are that you only get 170 balls in the hopper and it take 6 AA bats (ouch)

Also they tend to break on you. Mostly its the boards frying. I had one catch on fire and another just partly melt. Still Odyssey is always very nice and replaces them for free. If you go with a Halo B, get 2 so you have one when the other breaks ;)

Check my link in my sig to see the Halo keep up with my Mag doin 22bps. Can't do that with the EggII

rikkter
01-15-2004, 08:12 AM
i own both, and so right now the egg is out of commision (waiting on replacement lid)
i've gone through a pair of shells, and a battery door, and now a lid with the egg so far.

the halo, well, no broken parts yet.

but they both have their benefits.

egg positive-
better battery life vs halo
holds more paint
wont out shoot it

egg negative-
cheap shells, feels cheap
you eat it because it sits back so far

halo positive-
has best burst rate(due to the spring)
shells are strong, feels solid
wont out shoot it

halo negative-
eats batteries
doesn't hold that much paint (tad bit more than one pod)

http://www.rikkter.com/junk/emaghalo.jpg
http://www.rikkter.com/junk/emagegg.jpg

Plazmic
01-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Well, I have an Egg and my best friend has a Halo. He's replaced his batteries twice and I am just at the end of my first set. I have, however, replaced the shell once and the lid 3 times on the Egg. Next time something breaks on this thing, I'm buying a Halo. So far, my replacement parts have put him cheaper on cost and he hasn't had the frustration of busted shells and lids.

nate2k191
01-15-2004, 01:39 PM
i dont have either, but the egg looks stupid, and the halo looks leet.

rikkter
01-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by nate2k191
i dont have either, but the egg looks stupid, and the halo looks leet.

you reminded me..

the egg also has a 'wrap around benefit'
say you edge around a bunker, with the gun tilted inwards, the egg wont stick out in the open like the halo would, so it *kinda* lowers your profile

abunkerer
01-20-2004, 01:02 PM
depends on the gun
some guns have trouble with halo's (angels).
and some guns have the feed neck set really far forward and benefit from an egg because it balances out the gun.

The halo is a better overall hopper, but it is 60$ more.
Get the egg unless you are ripping really fast, short bursts.

The halo is overkill for practical mechanical gun use.