PDA

View Full Version : Calling Out All Sydarm Experts

RoBo
01-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Wanted to start a new Thread the first got off topic to say the least.

I am new to the automag world but not to paintball.

I have 2 AGD Sydarms that I would like to upgrade internally.

Of Course I would love to install a lv10 but I heard that that is not a possibility with a Sydarm. There are a few different bolts to choose from e.g. superbolt, ventrui, ect. and was curious what you would recommend - my 2 main goals are to prevent paint breakage and maximize gas efficiency.

Those that are in the know please bring me up to speed

Much obliged
RoBo

SpinDoctor15
02-09-2004, 10:07 PM
I also just traded some stuff for a Sydarm and would like to know a little more about the ins and outs of this marker. Is Lvl 10 possible? I've heard it go both ways. If modification is necessary, I'd rather leave this one stock...

Tunaman
02-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by RoBo
Wanted to start a new Thread the first got off topic to say the least.

I am new to the automag world but not to paintball.

I have 2 AGD Sydarms that I would like to upgrade internally.

Of Course I would love to install a lv10 but I heard that that is not a possibility with a Sydarm. There are a few different bolts to choose from e.g. superbolt, ventrui, ect. and was curious what you would recommend - my 2 main goals are to prevent paint breakage and maximize gas efficiency.

Those that are in the know please bring me up to speed

Much obliged
RoBo The ultimate upgrade is to LEAVE it ALONE. They need nothing but oil and some lovin' for a long time. If it shoots good...shoot it.

SpinDoctor15
02-09-2004, 10:12 PM
As an intense collector (I have a Phantom with the serial #4 engraved in the trigger guard) my gut feeling is to leave it alone. I don't want to ruin my piece of history!

sneakyhacker420
02-09-2004, 11:41 PM
you'd need to have someone drill out the powertube to allow level 10, which i think Brad Nestle of AGD would be willing to do

other than that, find a constant air adapter... and i have this mad itch to put a z-grip on a sydarm just like i did with my pump mag :eek: