PDA

View Full Version : Question about PAYPAL

MadChild
01-12-2004, 05:13 PM
i mispelled the address that i was sending money too and now its not sending to the right address....how do i get the money back or cancell the payment? i alredy tried the history thing. let me know
thanks

-Mad

Mindflux
01-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Call paypal, there's a number somewhere on the help pages.

Does it show that paypal address even as a valid payment address? that's weird.

Big'n slo
01-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Also, as long as the payment has not been accepted you can go through the paypal site and cancel the transaction.

MadChild
01-12-2004, 05:19 PM
yaa i was gunna try calling them later but i wanted to see if anyone on here knew about it first...ya i tried typing in random letters @aol.com and sending it like a dollar and it still said i sent money...so i guess its doesnt have to be a valid address.

MadChild
01-12-2004, 05:22 PM
it says UNCLAIMED under status and when i went to history there wasnt a cancel option under action :(

Big'n slo
01-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Tracking Payments - Cancelling a Payment

Can I cancel a payment that I've already sent to someone?

You may only cancel a payment if the Status of the payment is Unclaimed and the recipient has not yet signed up for PayPal and collected the money directly. Show me (If your payment is Completed and you want to request a refund, please contact the recipient of the payment directly.)

The following 'Unclaimed' payments may be cancelled:
A payment sent to an email address that is not associated with a PayPal account - once the email address is added to a PayPal account, the payment will be automatically credited to that balance
A payment sent to a recipient with an unconfirmed email address - for security reasons, PayPal can only credit payments sent to a confirmed email address

If you cancel an eCheck payment or Instant Transfer, the withdrawal from your bank account cannot be cancelled. Instead, the eCheck or Instant Transfer amount will be credited to your PayPal account balance.

Here's How:

Click on the My Account tab
Click on the History subtab
Click on the Cancel button in the Action column of the transaction in question
Click Cancel Payment
You have successfully cancelled this payment

painball
01-12-2004, 05:38 PM
What address did you send it to? ;) I may have to sign up and "claim" the money :D

MadChild
01-12-2004, 05:41 PM
haha no way painball...the status is unclaimed and it still wont let me cancel...gaahh i hate life!!!

BlackHalo
01-12-2004, 07:46 PM
holy, you've heard of the Swollen Members? I thought only people from Canada have heard of them.

Last time I told someone in the US about them, they looked at me funny and told me to go see a doctor about it.

On Topic - try sending PayPal an E-Mail...they're the experts.