PDA

View Full Version : raising team funds

TheJester
01-12-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm part of a realitivly new team named Team Defy, this summer was our first year together, and our first rounds of tourney's and over all, we do ok. But we want to branch out a little more and get more of a varity of tournies...to do this, we need money. any ideas for fund raisers? keep in mind the season, and i'm in NY, so it is cold here.

we just put a web site up about a week ago, it's still not finished, but it's a work in progress, some of the buttons still aren't linked up, and there's alot of room for pictures. check it out if you want www.teamdefy.com (http://www.teamdefy.com)

penguinpunk555
01-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Try starting a pool players donate oh say 30 bucks a month. Then have a holder (Captian). For the start try 50 dollars until you get 500 so you will have enough for a few tourneys.

coolcatpete
01-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Hey whats your name. I played with you at Ithaca Paintball, at the summer league. I was one of the players who also works there, and I was the one who never was on the same team. I always used a mag. I was also the only person who got awards for more than one team. You guys did not play that bad, to bad we could not play you with our real team. (they had to ref cause they played the league before) And so I was stuck with people who were not as great. I always had a green JT fersey on and used a perple rental mask. O do I know you and do you remember me
Pete

TheJester
01-12-2004, 07:35 PM
my name's nate dwyer, i showed up for the last 4 legs of the event, i played in 3, i didn't play in the last leg. i was shooting a chrome minimag w/ and x-valve. if you're who i think you are, you shot my mag to test out the ULT. or were you the 1 asking about the trigger stop?

coolcatpete
01-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by TheJester
my name's nate dwyer, i showed up for the last 4 legs of the event, i played in 3, i didn't play in the last leg. i was shooting a chrome minimag w/ and x-valve. if you're who i think you are, you shot my mag to test out the ULT. or were you the 1 asking about the trigger stop? Yes that is correct I was one who asked about the ULT because I tried one(MEPH) and I hated it, but I loved yours so its all good , ok now I remember you, you told me what to glue my foamy thing on with. Thanks it worked
But anyway I agree you should use a pool, and 1 question how come rich is not on the website
Pete

TheJester
01-12-2004, 09:16 PM
rich is part of the abv squad, i think he had a connection up there, that's why he played.

MarkM
01-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Team monthly contributions sound like a good idea until a player is short of cash one month, a simpler way is to start a team account with a ledger with a page for each person in the team and play an event of whatever type, practise, walk-on, small tourny, then when it comes to settling the bills you should be (pooling paint/gas and entry costs btw) and say they come to... I dunno $57 a person then charge each player $60 or even $65...it might not seem like a lot but that will soon add up real quick but make sure that each player knows exactly what is paid out and to where and for what. So pretty soon you will have the entry fees in hand already for a bigger tourny, as tournys organisors tend to want deposits ;)You use the team fund to pay the deposit but each player on the day has to pay back the team....and of course you round up again and sure enough your team funds has grown once again.

TheDoveDecends
01-12-2004, 10:52 PM
hold a small tourny of your own.. and have an entry fee and what not. I know at one of my local fields there is no charge if you want to use to field before hours.. were thinking about having a small tourny with donations.. etc

paintballman333
01-12-2004, 11:29 PM
TheDove has a great idea. We held our own tourney and definatly made alot more then we put into it. It actully paid for out next tourny.

TheJester
01-13-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by TheDoveDecends
hold a small tourny of your own.. and have an entry fee and what not. I know at one of my local fields there is no charge if you want to use to field before hours.. were thinking about having a small tourny with donations.. etc

it's a good idea, but we would def have to wait, seeing that there's quite a bit of snow, and the weekend's temp was about -5

InexactMelissa
01-13-2004, 07:17 AM
You may also want to look into setting up a paypal account for your team with the debit card option. That way, the guys on the team can email you their contributions and you can pay for your entry fees, paint, etc with the team debit card. That way, you have an automatic record of who's paid and where the money has been spent.