PDA

View Full Version : My classic goes full auto

Gjobsin
09-09-2001, 09:18 PM
when my tank had more than 500psi in it i can hold down the trigger and it goes full auto, or pull it and it shoots between 4-5 shots, i heat the bolt it sounds like it cycles fully. but when it drops below 500 it just leaks profusley down the barrel area. it all started when i put a dye 45 on it that i had suspicions it would give me trouble because the pin didnt look like it could travel all the way forward. but it worked the whole day, somtimes it fired when i slapped my hopper shut or i dropped it on the couch (yes that sensitive). i have since replaced the frame and now i dont think it is the problem i think using the messed frame effected the rest of my gun. again it shoots rapidly when held and when the pressure drops it leaks very bad down the barrel. i lost 2000 psi in 15 seconds

*Fixed your title - cphilip

a_malfunction
09-09-2001, 09:41 PM
Sounds like a horribly worn sear. You might also need a new powertube oring or spacer.

Gjobsin
09-09-2001, 09:44 PM
mann this sounds like its gonna cost me money, the gun is only 2 months old so i doubt the sear being the prob but ill take a look.

a_malfunction
09-09-2001, 10:17 PM
Call AGD.... Thats the best way to fix a mag problem...

Magadeth
09-10-2001, 02:31 AM
First, Inspect your on off for damage that may have been caused by the sear/trigger rod being incorrect. If it looks ok, make sure that the triger rod has a gap between the rod and the trigger itself when the gun is gassed. If there is no gap, turn the rod IN towards the sear about two turns. the idea here is to make it so that the sear can pivot up far enough to catch the bolt.

I'd bet money that this can be fixed either by getting a new on/off pin or by properly adjusing the trigger rod.

Mattyblaze
09-10-2001, 11:17 AM
sounds like your sear got beat up and its not catching the bolt sometimes.
but no need to fear, sears dont cost that much anyway and since you just recently got your gun anyway just call AGD and they will fix you up. probably for free

Mag89
09-10-2001, 05:43 PM
It might be the tiny white teflon o-ring in the on/off or your sear could be worn.I doubt that it would be worn though the gun is only 2 months old. Hope this helps.:cool:

Gjobsin
09-10-2001, 06:11 PM
thanks for th replies guys i realy apreciate it

Gjobsin
09-10-2001, 06:21 PM
the sear appears to be ok but, WOW i checked my on/off pin like you said to and the whole tip where i gets thin then fat again...is gone and i found little pieces of metal in the side of my valve body when taking it out, thanks for the suggestions, they helped me get tothe prolem fast.

Magadeth
09-10-2001, 06:58 PM
glad I could help:)