PDA

View Full Version : very early 'Mag

challenger454
01-12-2004, 08:26 PM
I am a relatively new Mag owner (classic) and I have a buddy who has been going paintballing with me who has a very early 'Mag, serial number# 575 to be exact. I took apart the gun to clean it and noticed that the power tube seems to slide in and out. Mine is fixed. The gun works fine, but I was telling him about the Level 10 bolt and was wondering if there would be any problem with going with one. Thanks in advance for any help.

Kenny

PS. We were the only ones on the field with Mags and all the kids were like...."man that thing shoots farther than mine..."

Evil1
01-13-2004, 03:14 AM
First, welcome to AO! Second the older mags had a removable power tube that was held in by a c clip underneath the bumper. What do you mean that the power tube slides out? If I remember correctly my cousin had a mag way back and I remember it was very hard to get the power tube off. The LX shouldn't have any problems if installed on the old valve.

challenger454
01-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Thanks for your quick reply,

On my friend's mag, you are able to slide the power tube back and forth and it is kept from falling out of the assembly by a c-clip. I am assuming that there should be some type of spring that keeps it in position. My description is correct. With the valve assembly out of the gun and the bolt removed (i-e, field strip) you can slide the power tube assembly back and forth...the c-clip keeps it from coming out completely. On my mag- it is fixed you cannot move the power tube whatsoever. His mag seems to function fine. It shoots and there are not any discernable leaks- I am assuming that this is just a very early version of the valve. The reason I am concerned is that I want to make sure that if we purchase the Level 10 bolt it will function with this early style valve.

Thanks again...

Evil1
01-14-2004, 03:04 AM
Does your friend's mag have the old die-cast grip frame w/ the metal trigger also?

challenger454
01-14-2004, 06:57 AM
Yes his gun does have the die-cast metal trigger housing. I actually watched the AGD video again and reviewed the section about the valve assy. His model is just like the one on the video. You can remove the powertube. My Mag has a blue bumper and you cannot remove the power tube. I just want to make sure that he can use a level 10 bolt on it.
I would assume that there should be no reason that he couldn't. As for myself, I am running the standard bolt that came with my Mag and I have yet to break a ball in it when it is running properly. I did have a little trouble initially when it was brand new....I am assuming that it was breaking in. It's funny, in my area you never see mags and after seeing all the problems the 'cockers have been having I can't understand why you would want to use anything else. Heck it is easy as pie to diagnose functioning problems with these things if you watch the video.

SaS
01-14-2004, 06:21 PM
now you know a reason why the guys with mags liked them in the first place.......

the lvl 10 upgrade replaces the internals of the powertube, main spring, and bolt. Should be just fine