PDA

View Full Version : Valve Blues

tyrion2323
01-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Hi guys,

Tried this guy out in Tech, but there isn't anyone viewing that forum, so I will try here! Mods, I'm sorry for causing so much trouble!
How are you? I'm having a bit o' trouble here, and I'm wondering who can help me out. Here's the trouble:

I gassed it up with CO2 the other day, and the trigger pull felt like 20lbs! It was truly HARD TO PULL, and it began to leak after a few pulls. I tried adjusting the velocity, but alas - no help! I can't find anything that's broken or burst, but I admit that I am no Mag master! Could someone help me? Possibly take a look at the valve itself (i.e. me sending it to you)?

Jacob

NJPaint
01-12-2004, 11:15 PM
still have stars on it? What kind of valve is this? Classic? RT?

tyrion2323
01-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Oi Vey! Sorry - forgot to mention that stuff! Well, I only see one star, but it seems to be drilled out - is it possible that I am overlooking the other 3 stars? Secondly, it's a classic valve.

Chojin Man
01-13-2004, 01:01 AM
i think classics only have one star

ERut
01-13-2004, 01:25 AM
Classics only have one. If its drilled out that probably means that someone already sent it in for the free repair.

Janixs
01-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Do you have the video? It explained a lot of the common problems that may occur. If not where is the leak coming form?

cphilip
01-13-2004, 01:59 PM
depends... Automag etched valves had three. Minimags had four. And Micro Mags had three. Plain etched Classics had one. But all were the same valve. Just different etching.

I dunno but if your getting that much pressure and your using CO2 I would suspect a reg seat is bad or dirty or something like a misshapen oring.

I would replace the Reg seat and clean the seat itself and make sure its snapped in correctly. And probably put a new set of O rings in the on off. You got a parts kit? Start with one of those. If you pushed liquid through those things are hosed and may indeed still look pretty good but might be misshapen or warped a bit. I would rebuild it with a parts kit

What are you doing to prevent Liquid from getting in there? Ex chamber? Anti Siphon? Etc?

tyrion2323
01-13-2004, 02:08 PM
Thank you guys very much! I will see about getting it fixed up - I gassed it up today - it seems that it is leaking a lot, and there isn't much pressure going to the valve.

Jacob