PDA

View Full Version : A small change to the Warp Feed mounting bracket...

Evil Bob
09-09-2001, 11:55 PM
I bought my E-Mag last April when I was living in the UK on business, bought it directly from John Sosta at AGD Europe, in fact, I sat in his shop chatting with him while he built it from his parts bins.

When I went to AGD Europe, I had in mind that I was going to purchase the E-Mag, but was having some serious second thoughts about the Warp. The first time I saw the Warp Feed mounted on the E-Mag, it looked very uncomfortable, especially with the person posing with it reaching rather awkwardly around the Warp body in order to hold on to the battery (Looking through the online picts here that everyone was so kind to post of their favorite markers, I saw pretty much the same type of setups on those that had Warps mounted, it appeared that the owner would need to reach around the warp a bit awkwardly. Only a couple picts in there looked like the Warp was setup really comfy). John had a few in the shop for display that had the same issue, somewhat uncomfy to hold onto. He also said a few of his teammates had the same problem. Then he showed me his modified Warp mounting plate.

Normally, the warp is mounted at a 45 degree angle facing forward, John drilled an extra hole in the grip mounting end so that it would mount at a 90 degree angle to the Mag's grip. This made a world of difference, the Warp body was moved back by 4 inches, which meant that there was no need to put a hole in the loader to fit the feed tube through, and the Warp body could be moved a bit closer to the Mag's body on the two distance adjusting screws that mount the Warp body to the mounting bracket, making it a much tighter package. If the Warp is mounted on the left side of the marker, it also gives it a clear view of the LED display, as the loader's neck is usually in the way when it's mounted forward. Once John mounted it to the E-Mag, I was sold on it, it was now very comfortable and completely out of the way. I went out that very weekend and ran a case of paint through it, not one break, it simply rocked. Since then I've had absolutely no regrets in buying either the E-Mag or the Warp Feed. Infact, I retired my two angels after buying the E-Mag :D

Evil Bob

Evil Bob
09-10-2001, 12:05 AM
Check out http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/emag/review.shtml , look at the first picture Bill Mills has there, its a good example of what I was getting at above, you can see his arm resting against the warp body as he's gripping the battery. It looks pretty uncomfy. Scroll down 1/4 of the way, you'll see another picture of the E-Mag sitting in the grass, the warp body is angled out quite a bit, changing the angle of the mouting bracket brings this in tighter with the Mag's body.

Bill, drill another hole in the mounting bracket! Trust me, you'll like it a whole lot better :D

I'm hoping to be able to put some pictures up for you folks to see of the difference it makes, maybe by Weds at the earliest, just depends upon when I can get the picts back from the photo shop.

Evil Bob

AGD
09-10-2001, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the feedback EB we would like to see some pics!

AGD

Evil Bob
09-10-2001, 08:01 PM
Here's the picts as promised. The bottom two pictures shows the impact this small change makes to the operator.

http://home.earthlink.net/~wreimers/Warp_Feed_bracket_comparison.jpg

Here's a crappy web cam pict of the modified bracket to give you an idea of the minor modification.

http://home.earthlink.net/~wreimers/Modified_Warp_Feed_bracket.jpg

As you can see, the change is nothing more then a simple hole, but it makes a huge difference in the position of the Warp body in relation to the user's arms. If you look at the link I posted from Warpig, if you look at the pict Bill has from behind a tree, you can see his arm poking out a bit. This change lets you get in tighter behind your bunker/tree/what ever. The difference in placement is over 4 inches, which allows you to pull your elbow in alot tighter.

I also have a spacer/adapter so that my Rev fits better, blaim Brass Eagle for messing with the neck size ("grrrrrrr..... morons!"), it also adds another 2-3 balls to the stack going into the Warp. Can't wait to replace it with a HALO!

Evil Bob

Webmaster
09-10-2001, 09:10 PM
OOOO Very nice.

On my bushmaster I had a proteam bracket and I had everything in a bit tighter like you have it in your images.

That was the one thing I didnt like as much was the fit on my emag.

I got to run out and buy a drill bit - thats definately a mod I am doing.

I like it...

Tom - its one hole - may want to consider it for people who want more mounting options.

PS - how does it fit with out the vert adaptor in the warp - I have pre BE revs and dont have loosness issues.

Evil Bob
09-10-2001, 09:56 PM
It fits great, the feed hose is not bound up at all or have any odd angles, and the loader is still in tight parallel to the E-Mag's body. I sold my old 9v Revy with one of my other RT's, and I've been regretting it ever since, this BE 12v Revy just fits too sloppy, it falls out if I run, the battery compartment totally sucks, the batteries barely fit, etc. etc. I also like the extra ball buffer the adapter provides, I get better shot strings with it. But, once the HALO comes out, I won't need it any more as I'll be giving this crappy Revy the boot.

Evil Bob

Prezents
09-10-2001, 10:18 PM
I got mine from AGD US and I have mine mounted with the line's of the Mag not coming out at a 45. I did no mods to it either....
Just my 2 Cents.
Prezents

BlackVCG
09-11-2001, 12:06 AM
All Tom needs to do is cut a channel similar to the channels used to adjust where the Warp mounts to the bracket for the back hole where the bracket mounts to the frame. This will allow users to swing the Warp front to back. I myself take brackets and drill another hole in them as seen in the pic and then use an end mill and rotating table on the vertical mill to cut a channel that connects the factory hole and the hole I drilled, so I have a pivot point to adjust where my Warp sits in relation to the gun. Makes a world of a difference especially when you're using a Z-Grip that throws everything out of wack.

Evil Bob
09-13-2001, 10:14 AM
Tom, what are your thoughts on making this modification a reality?

Evil Bob

cphilip
09-13-2001, 10:47 AM
Yes, Ken Crane just sold me a Warp he had done this to and it does work real nice.

But I like Robs idea of a factory made slot even better.

Puckz
09-13-2001, 01:50 PM
Is that an AGD or PTP bracket, because my AGD bracket looks way different (it has a slot where it mounts to the warp).

Nitroduck
09-13-2001, 02:49 PM
I did the same mod to my warp feed so the backet was at a 90* angle instead of a 45*. I HIGHLY sugguest AGD/PTP start putting the third hole in it. It really gives more options on how to mount it. The only thing I found was with a 3rd hole, there would be a edge of metal (where the normal one rearward hole on the mounting plate is), would protrude from it, but even with that there, it felt much better than with it angled. Also, now my warp wheel is paralell with my gun, when the plate was 45*, it wasn't possible, now I can choose if it's paralell or not.

I think I have some pictures of the mod I did, if you want some, let me know.

Oh, also, I did one mod no one else has done to thier warp feed. I call it the "RF Helper" . What I did was use the verticle addapter on my RF cocker, then instead of using the black connecter for the hose to VF addapter, I used a elbow instead. Because of this, the hose now could be positioned tottally verticle instead of having winding hose. This also helps for people wanting setups with warp wheels on thier left side of gun, they can now let hose go straight down then turn to the wheel without having twisting, winding hose. I can get pics of this if anyone would need it.

Evil Bob
09-13-2001, 08:58 PM
It's the standard AGD bracket. If you look at the crappy web cam pict I have, you can see that the bracket is mounted on the Warp Feed. On the Warp Feed end are the crescent moon shaped channel cuts. AGD needs to put either a third hole on the marker mounting end or do another channel cut to give you a greater range of options.

Nitroduck...

Sure, I'd like to see some picts of the tubing you're talking about.

Evil Bob

Puckz
09-14-2001, 08:51 AM
I'll have to take a pic of my bracket tonight. It's definitely different.

On better examination I see what you mean... I will leave my post up to wallow in my own humility. :)

John Sosta, AGD Europe
09-14-2001, 03:45 PM
Hi Evil nice to hear from you again and i am glad you liked your gun.
keep in touch dude

Evil Bob
09-14-2001, 04:33 PM
John, you need to sick Jackie on Tom to get him to change the warp mounting brackets, that way you don't have to manually drill them any more :D

I, for a fact, know I could not have done any better then to have you work your magic over it, for that I am eternally greatful. Every time I take it out at the field, I get all kinds of "ooohs" and "aaaahhs" and assorted compliments on it. All I can honestly say is "May my Angels rest eternally in peace, this is the last marker I'll ever need." I bow humbly at your feet...

While I'm at it, the Xtreme (http://www.airgun.com/Europe/Xtreme.html) looks simply awesome! Do you have any picts of the Cut and Carved body yet? How about a "trap door warp feed module" along the lines of what Tom is working on in the prototype (http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/prototype/trapdoor_1.shtml) section? Something that feeds in from the bottom to keep the Warp in nice and tight would be awesome.

Evil Bob

John Sosta, AGD Europe
09-15-2001, 11:35 AM
Glad you like the looks of the extreme as soon as we have some cut and carved ones we will post pics me and tom are working closely on this issue and as soon as we finish testing and are ready to go we will let everybody know. For now the extremes come with the warp and centrefeed modules but i am sure a trapdoor version will follow soon after also the extremes should be widely availble in dec and you can also fit one on to your curent Emag or automag so dont worry if you have a curent Emag.

Tunaman
09-15-2001, 09:51 PM
Fits the Automag or Minimag?....Cool...Really Cool. Can't wait! In the mean time, this one will have to do...http://server3006.freeyellow.com/tunaman2/warpedretro.JPG

DarkPhoenix
09-22-2001, 08:07 PM
This is an idea which definitely deserves more attention.

DarkPhoenix
09-22-2001, 08:28 PM
Evil Bob, what is the approximate placement of the drilled hole? I'm considering this modification when I purchase my warp feed and convert my RT Pro to an E-mag.

PyRo
09-23-2001, 07:36 AM
New PTP brackets have that hole. :)
By the way, nice helmet :-P

Evil Bob
09-23-2001, 11:12 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~wreimers/Modified_Warp_Feed_bracket_2.jpg

Point A to the Pivot Point will be the same distance at point B to the Pivot Point. Use a ruler and measure the original holes at the center of each hole, then rotate the ruler until it's perpendicular to the bracket and mark your drill point.

PyRo...

Yeah, that's my younger brother posing there, he wears that helmet when he plays, says it makes him feel more intimidating.

Evil Bob

DarkPhoenix
09-24-2001, 04:47 PM
Thanks Evil Bob. What is the approximate angle between the two holes?

Evil Bob
09-24-2001, 06:43 PM
I don't have a protractor in the house, but I'm guessing it's about 40 degrees. Whatever the angle, you'll want your ruler (or whatever you're measuring the drill spot with) at a right angle to the bracket's edge.

Evil Bob

DarkPhoenix
10-09-2001, 06:00 PM
Bought a new warp feed, the mounting plate is definitely different. There are now 2 short slots where there used to be holes. I would love to try it out, but my new E-mag won't be here till friday. I can't wait. Thanks, Phil. I appreciate the help you gave me on this.

pito189
08-07-2002, 09:29 AM
That is an heck of an idea. I have a new warp and the holes are not just holes now they are more like the other end of the warp plate, If I made the slot even bigger I could pull the warp in even close to the gun.

hitech
08-07-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by vf-xx
Hmm. I must be the only person who likes the original placement of the warp.

I just rest the warp on my left forearm and take all the weight of the gun there. Works for me :)

Nope, I hold it the same way.