PDA

View Full Version : Urban Field MOUT game?

veteranmag
01-13-2004, 04:07 PM
I read an article a while back about a scenario game held at Camp Blanding, a real U.S. military MOUT urban training facility. They have numerous multiple-story buildings, underground sewers and cars on the street.

Does anyone know if there are any upcoming games planned at Camp Blanding, or any other military facility (particularly the northeast)?

fallout11
01-14-2004, 09:07 AM
There have been no games at Camp Blandings since, unfortunately, as ever since 9/11 the MOUT site has been pretty much "in use", or reserved for use.
John Q. Public not allowed.

It was hard enough to get permission to use the site BEFORE 9/11. I can only imagine what it's like now.

On the good news side, I've been seeing quite a few games in unused or abandoned prison complexes. The old military lockup at Ft. Ord, in California, has been used repeatedly, for example. We even had a small-ish game near here at a County Jail under renovation.
I realize it's not quite the same, but you take what you can get.....

Gman63
01-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Back in October there was a game at the Craig Village Mout at Fort Campbell. It is normally just two days of short capture the flag games and not a full blown Scenario. I believe they are going to try and have it again this year around the first of October again.

Wes Janson
01-15-2004, 05:00 PM
If they allowed it at Fort Campbell post 9/11 recently, then perhaps there's hope for Blanding? :) After all, it's not precisely a high-risk target, and the vast playerbase is general a quite patriotic group, so it doesn't seem impossible... I've been by Blanding many times, and I keep hoping they'll bring back those MOUT games again..

Interceptor
01-15-2004, 10:52 PM
I doubt it has much to do with being a target, and more to do with having to train all of the soldiers in urban warfare, and it's totally understandable. I have also heard about Fort Campell. I'm keeping my eyes open, and some vacation days tucked away. I had the chance to play on Fort Pickett's MOUNT site years ago, and can't wait to hit another. Now we are equipped ;-)

veteranmag
01-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Where did you all find information (dates, registration) about these games (Camp Blanding, Fort Cambell)?

I've looked on warpig's scenario calendar from time to time and have never seen these MOUT games. Is there another website I should be looking at? thanks.

Interceptor
01-16-2004, 12:24 PM
the A-5 owners group has a thread on it somewhere. Don't think you will find anything about blanding anytime soon.

50 cal
01-16-2004, 10:22 PM
The Craig Village shootout is nearly always around the first week in October. Ft. Campbell runs a pretty tight ship for the paintball players, but it's always fun.